My Hands

Before the Pain...

Three Years Earlier

Chloe childishly laughed as Carlos caught her and spun her around joyfully. He slowly dropped her down and held her tightly in his arms, “I love you so much Chloe!” His body clung to her perfectly, her hands pressed against her chest as she rested her head on Carlos' shoulder. He truly was ready to spend the rest of his life with her. It was all he wanted. While she dreamed of him, he dreamed of her. Carlos did everything and anything he could to make Chloe feel like the princess he believed she was.

She smiled happily, the happiest that she had ever been. Hours ago she was Carlos' girlfriend, but now she was his fiancee. She would soon be married to the only man she wanted to hold, kiss, and love, “I love you too Carlos, with all my heart and soul.” She would soon be complete... Or so she thought..

“Hey there Carlos!” A man's voice echoed from behind Chloe. Snow slushed as he paced closer.

Chloe could feel the tension rise in Carlos as he gripped her tight and pulled her to his side, “What do you want?” Carlos' voice was strong and defensive. Chloe didn't know the man, she had actually never seen him before. She just stood behind Carlos, with her hands on his arm as she peaked over his shoulder.

“That's no way to talk to me Carlos, you know that.” The man came to a stop only feet away from Carlos and Chloe, “You really fucked up you know that!”

It all happened to fast for Chloe to react, but Carlos did. The man flung his right arm up and out of his coat. Chloe felt Carlo's warm hand plant on her chest and roughly shove her down into the snow behind him. She stumbled and glanced up at Carlos and saw his back toward her. There were two explosions that thundered in her ears; his back spurted out two separate eruptions of red mist followed by thicker chunks of meat. He fumbled on his feet before he pounced at the man. The two struggled for what seemed like hours to Chloe as she sat in the snow and watched in absolute horror. She could see where the blood landed in the snow, stained it red. She watched the two punch and shove each other as more specs of red snow appeared. Suddenly, The man dropped to the snow and lifted his head up to face Carlos, before another bang, this time the gun was in Carlos' hand. The man's head jerked back and followed the bloody debris down to the snow.

Carlos huffed and wheezed as she stumbled down against the wall. His eyes caught sight of Chloe. He gripped his lower chest as he watched his love whimper and crawl to him, “Carlos!” She got to his side and began to frantically cry, “Why!? Carlos, Why!?”

Carlos coughed out a few drops of blood, “I'm so sorry... I...” He coughed more, “I wanted you to have the perfect... Ring.. Per..fect dress... perfect...wedding.. I wanted everything for you to be perfect..And... I... I needed the money-”

“Oh god Carlos!” Chloe didn't need to hear more, she knew what he had done. She gripped his hand tightly as she cried, “Why would you do something so stupid!?” She whimpered and screamed as her love bled slowly to his death...

“Because I... I love you Chloe... So much...” He winced in pain as his head slumped down slightly.

“You d-didn't need to Carlos!” Chloe's bloody hands frantically touched his chest, she didn't know what to do. The very thing that made her life complete was slowly being torn away. Her Carlos was slowly dying and there was nothing she could do but cry.

“Yes...” Carlos reached up with a wobbling hand, Chloe helped his hand to her tear drenched cheek, “I did have to mi Amor.” He smiled weakly, “You are my princess... You always were... I always loved you and I always wanted you to have the perfect wedding... I owned you at least that... After all..” He coughed a bit more, “You.. Gave me... the...Perfect life....Te amo Chloe....Te amo...” His head slowly slumped down...

His hand slowly grew heavy on her's

Carlos was dead. He wanted her to be his princess.

He would never have blamed Chloe for what happened

He loved her with all his heart, he only wanted his princess to feel like one.