Status: Active but more regular updates with Comments!

Why Can't I Remember?

Chapter Two

‘Bang!’Hope jolted awake at the gunshot sound; looking frantically around her room thinking the person with the gun was there but she saw nothing. Breathing in a ragged breath, flash after flash of a man’s face with a scar that ran from his right cheek down his chin kept flashing in her head. She could not recognise the man for his features were blurred; everything was blurred but the scarred face devoid of features that held an aura of malice.

She remembered his extended hand as he pointed the gun to the 2 Adults; there she saw a tattoo of Cobra snake on his hand. Hope groaned and clutched her head in her hands running her fingers in her hair massaging her aching scalp, what did this all mean!?
She trembled as she reached down to grab her sketchbook, she had a talent in art and has been sketching the people from her past dreams, but now she was sketching the Cobra that had its mouth open revealing it’s sharp threatening venomous teeth. As she finished she moved down to sketching the faceless bald man with a hideous scar running down his face, she took a shuddering breath. Hope flipped through her A4 sketchbook and saw the one of the woman which she had left in grey scale, hope ran her hand on the page and the ache in her heart made her wonder, was this woman her mother? Hope’s heart pounded but before she could entertain the thought, her alarm clock buzzed making her jump in fright.

No...No this can’t be my mother; my mother abandoned me when I was 8! She thought furiously, yet the trepidation of her heart would not abate.

Hope shook off her frozen state and glanced at the clock seeing that she had just sat frozen for 15 minutes. She ran to the bathroom to get ready, she threw on black skinny jeans, worn converse and a light blue top. She grabbed her bag and went down the stairs, as she got down she heard Bez’s new shiny car speed away.
Hope blew out a sigh; of course he wouldn’t wait for her.

“Hey your toasts are on the table Hope” Hey Aunt Ileana yelled.
“Thanks...” Hope smiled and took a bite, she watched her aunt carefully,
“Why are you looking at me like that? I feel like I’m under a microscope” Her aunt laughed.
“Aunty did my mother really abandon me?” Hope asked and her Aunt became rigid.
“Of course she did, my sister didn’t want you” Her aunt said coldness seeped from her eyes,
“But I wanted you darling” Her aunt laid a hand on hope’s cheek, her voice dripping with honey.

“It’s just...I don’t think she did” Hope said and her aunt took her hand away from her cheek quickly.
“Why are you asking this all the sudden?” She watched Hope like an animal watches her prey.
“I’m having these dreams...they’re so real” Hope shook her head at the look of slight panic in her Aunt’s gaze.
“What kind of dreams...?” Her aunt pressed her.
“I’ve got to go aunty; I’ll be late for school...” Hope felt a shiver at the look in her aunt’s gaze it was fear, anger and...Guilt?

Hope grabbed her leather jacket and her bag and rushed outside, the feeling in her stomach was unnerving, her aunt had always been in a jovial mood but now she was darn right frightening. Hope felt rain drops hit her cheeks, she shivered at the cold air and kept a steady pace towards Horizon High school where she would face her senior year. She could not stop the pounding in her heart; she gazed around and found in bit of a distance away from her a man observing her like a hawk as half of his body was behind a tree, his head covered by a beanie. The sight was so familiar it made her heart race, hope drew in a sharp breath as fear made her palms grow damp.

She closed her eyes and opened them again, the man was gone. Hope frantically looked around and yet found no one; just the random sounds of neighbours and passerby cars filled her ears. Hope massaged her head,
“Am I going crazy?” She whispered to herself.
“I’ll say, you’re standing there talking to yourself.” A voice said making Hope snap her gaze in that direction, there she found a grinning redhead.
“Well hello to you too, my name is faith you crazy girl” The redheaded girl with the shimmering blue eyes smiled warmly, Hope blushed she wasn’t good at meeting new people.
“Oh I’m Hope...” She replied blushing.

“Hope? Really?” Faith said in an amused voice.
“Yes...”
“Well I’ll be dang tell me you’ve got a friend named Grace or Charity and we’d make a heck of a trio” faith laughed her southern accent making Hope curious of her heritage.
“I’m afraid I don’t...”
“Oh well, so we best be pushing on, we don’t want to be late to school on the first day back now do we?”
“No we don’t” Hope noted how amused she sounded at this eccentric girl in front of her; faith grinned as they started walking again this time together.
“Well you don’t seem like much of a conversationalist, so I’ll make the introductions I’m faith Delavega, moved here from Tennessee and I’m starting my senior year this year, now it’s your turn” Faith said with a mischievous grin.

“I’m Hope Rivendell, I’m originally from Michigan moved here to my aunt when I was younger and I’m also starting my senior year...”
“Sweet! I’m telling you it feels great to have a best friend on the first day” Faith chuckled and linked her arm with hope, Hope’s eyes widen,
“Best friends?” She tried to hide the shock from her voice not wanting to be pegged as a loner.
“Yes I mean you’re perfect you’re timid and don’t talk much and I’m out going and talk way too much!” Faith said with a booming laughter, they arrived at the school.

Hope saw Bez leaning against his mustang, grinning as girls swarmed him. Bez’s eyes flickered to hers and then darted away as if he couldn’t stand the sight of her, she sighed dejectedly.
“Who is that cutie there!?” Faith whispered to Hope. .
Hope looked at Bez with his sandy brown hair and stunning grey eyes.
“My cousin...” Hope said annoyed.
“Hostility much?” faith mused.
“No one knows we’re related he doesn’t want anyone to know...I’m not popular” Hope rolled her eyes, Faith stopped dead in her tracts and gapped.
“He shuns family?” She asked in an incredulous heavy southern accent.
“I suppose...” Hope frowned and mentally chuckled, who says 'shun' anymore?

“Well he isn’t cute anymore he’s jerk to shun you!” She spat and Hope looked at her amused, she never had someone dislike someone else for her.
“Oh Lord who is that Greek god!?” Faith said a little too loud, Hope looked in the direction where faith seemed mesmerised. Hope noted the short dark blonde hair that was slightly spiked on top, the glistening sky blue eyes and the extremely muscular body that bespoke of an athlete, complimented by his 6 foot tall frame and the adorable dimpled smile, Hope immediately recognised Horizon High School’s heartthrob;
“Kellan Lutz”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hihi =D
so who's the guy in the beanie huh?
And the aunt....
I really like faith such an eccentric character hehe

So please dont be a silent reader i'd really like to have Comments to know your thougths on this it would mean alot to me.

Befriend? Subscribe? Promote? Comment?

Marie!