Status: Active but more regular updates with Comments!

Why Can't I Remember?

Chapter Six

Hope woke up disoriented from everything. Her heart felt heavy and it was like her eye lids protested at her opening them. Hope groggily put a hand to her forehead and felt the unusual heat claiming her head; she had a fever.
Hope fell back and a musky scent that was both alluring and strange filled her nose. She forced her eyes to open and took in the white walls where bands, movies and cars posters basically looked like wallpaper, Hope felt her heart thump even harder against her chest, where am I?

Hope bit her lip in worry and glanced down; she noted that she was in a large grey t- shirt and boxers, her eyes widen men’s clothing…but whose? She swallowed down the lump that threatened to choke her. Hope tried to keep her breathing normal as a wave of dizziness hit her like a ton of bricks, where was Thomas? Where were her…parents?

Hope gasped as she felt her heart squeeze in pain, tears spilt out of her eyes and her chest heaved as agony took hold of her. Her parents had never left her, never! Why did everyone make her believe they didn’t love her when they were murdered? She wrapped the arms around her raised legs and lent her head against her knees. Hope sobbed and was startled when she felt arms wrap themselves around her.

Hope’s head snapped up and was met with light blue depths that made her stomach flutter, the moment was short lived as she realised she was in his house, on his bed and in his clothing. She gasped and pulled away from him, tears still rolling down her face.
“K-kellan…?”
“Are you okay Hope, yes it’s me” He answered with a soft dimpled smile.
“W-why a-am I-I h-here?” She stuttered.
“You fainted and I brought you here because I live close to the school” His velvety voice said with such warmth and kindness.
“B-but w-why?”
“I didn’t know where you lived Hope, I didn’t know whom to ask either” Kellan looked at her with his mesmerising blue eyes.

“Oh…” She whispered and looked down at her hands, thinking of Bez he could’ve taken her home. A few more tears slipped out from her eyes and Kellan tipped her head up and with his thumb smoothed her tears away. Hope didn’t know why but his touch kept making her head buzz and her skin felt like it was on fire.
“Thank you Kellan…I don’t know what I would’ve done if it weren’t for you” She mumbled and Kellan beamed.

“That’s alright” He smiled and suddenly boisterous laughter was heard from downstairs, Hope looked at him wide eyed and he chuckled.
“My family” He said and her mouth made the shape of an ‘0’
“I think I should leave…” She stood up from his comfortable bed, she was aware of his eyes on her figure, she blushed as she thought of her appearance, she turned around and made a note to look at her clothing.
“My mum changed you I didn’t” He said, lifting his hands up in surrender, she let out a sigh of relief, his eyes sparkled in amusement.

“I’ll ask Brittany for a change of clothes for you” He said and she felt her eyebrow rise but he left. She walked around and saw a multitude of trophies, feeling a bit dizzy she clutched on is desk as her hand lifted to her forehead, she groaned as the incessant pounding.

“Are you okay?” She heard a feminine voice ask; Hope peeked and saw a very pretty girl with bright blue eyes who was perhaps a year younger than her.
“I-ugh…” Hope stumbled over her words.
“Come on” the girl helped Hope sit down, she smiled.
“I’m Brittany, Kellan’s sister” the beautiful girl said and Hope smiled appreciative as, skinny jeans, a tank and a hoodie were placed in her hands.

“Thank you…” She whispered looking down, overwhelmed at the kindness in Kellan’s family.
“Oh it’s okay love” Brittany beamed,
“So you and my brother huh?” She said with a mischievous gleam and Hope gapped.
“We-we’re just- ugh…friends?” She said not knowing how else to label it, was Kellan her friend?
“Riiigghhttt” Brittany smirked and Hope blushed furiously,
“Stop embarrassing her squirt” Came Kellan’s deep voice and Hope felt her face on fire, had he heard his sister insinuating something so outrageous? Kellan would never in a million years see her like that.

“We’ll let you get ready, meet us downstairs after” Kellan gave her a smiled before leaving with Brittany. Hope in no time threw the clothing on her and roughly tied her hair in a messy pony tail. She remade Kellan’s bed and folded the clothing, she caught her appearance in a mirror and cringed, she looked like a train wreck. Following the noise, she ventured down the stairs and soon came to see about 6 boys including Kellan and of course Brittany. Hope gapped; all these people looked like the belonged in a modelling magazine they were without a shadow of a doubt all beautiful. Hope felt hopelessly out of place. Kellan turned and saw her, beaming a beautiful dimpled smile he ushered her in. Suddenly the whole room went quiet and every eye was focused on her, she could feel her face turning red.

“How are you feeling sweetheart?” A beautiful middle aged woman asked, and Hope bit her lip.
“Very good, thank you Mrs. Lutz” Hope answered shyly,
“Oh honey call me Karla” The woman smiled and Hope smiled back,
“Would you like something to eat honey?” She asked and Hope swallowed visibly, to be honest she was starving.

“Oh I wouldn’t want to intrude on your hospitality further…” Hope said a bit embarrassed.
“You’re not intruding” One of the really handsome guys said
“I’m Tanner” He grinned, holding out his hand which hope shook.
“Hope Rivendell…” She murmured and they all beamed, food was placed in front of her and conversation flowed again, Kellan chuckled once in a while at his sibling fighting each other.
“So Hope, do your parents know you’re here?” Karla asked and Hope choked on the water she was drinking, tears momentarily welled up in her eyes and it was like she was a deer caught in headlights.
“I-I Ugh…”
♠ ♠ ♠
THANKS TO MY SIX SUBSCRIBERS!

woo! new chapter sorry for the lateness, my life has been hectic lately!

Please dont be silent, I'd really appreciate some comments, they are very valuable and help me loads with inspiration!

<3 Marie!