Face Your Fears

Chapter 1 - First Kill

Tom turned to me "What are we gonna do?" "Go after him, try to keep Kristian away from the zombie I'll be right there" "Are you sure??" "Yes now GO!" Tom ran out after Chris trying to stop him, while I ran into my parent’s bedroom and climbed on top of the desk, reaching after the top shelf. I got onto the table and looked around the shelf, dust and spider webs everywhere. Then I noticed it, the long black box. I quickly grabbed it and tossed it on the bed. Then I looked around the shelf again and grabbed 1 out of 15 small round boxes. I tossed it on the bed right next to the long one. I jumped off of the desk and swiftly turned and opened the long black box. I smiled to myself; I had never been allowed to even touch that beauty -My dad’s air-rifle. I grabbed one of the small round boxes and took out some pellets quickly loading the rifle and running outside with it. When I got outside I heard yelling. I followed the noise and saw my brothers trying to keep the zombie on distance by throwing rocks at it.

"Chris!" Chris shifted his gaze from the zombie to me, then to the rifle in my hands. "Brilliant!" Chris erupted. Stupid move since the zombie shifted its attention from Tom to him. "Moron!!" I yelled, purposely making the zombie shift its attention to me. The zombie stumbled rather fast towards me. "Kristy! LOOK OUT!" my brothers yelled in unison watching the zombie rapidly getting nearer. I lifted the rifle, my finger on the trigger. I aimed at the zombie's head, pulled the trigger and "BANG"

Zombie brain was spread all over our driveway. My brothers looked at me in disbelieve "What?" I said "Never seen a girl blast out a zombie's brain before?" Their dumbfounded expressions turned into wide grins as they both ran and hugged me. "Wow chill, girl gotta breathe!" I said squirming in their embrace. They laughed but let go and Chris ruffled my hair. "Never thought I'd see you pull the trigger" "You'd be surprised if you knew what I'm capable of bro”. "What exactly do you mean by that?" Chris asked. "Oh you know... Hey! Remember your soft-gun?" I said trying to avoid his question. "The one I lost like 5 years ago?" He asked with curiosity in his voice. I nodded "Yeah why?" He asked "I still got it" I answered with a smirk, walking inside the house. I ran to my room, both my brothers followed me. "Tom go pack some bags of food" I demanded "Preferable canned or dried, you know, stuff that don't get bad easily" I yelled as I sat on my knees in front of my bed. "You got it sis" Tom yelled back as I heard his footsteps leave my room.

"What do you mean 'you still got it'?" Chris asked. "I stole it" I said plainly as I crawled under my bed. "Why?" "Remember when you shot me?" "That was an accident! Besides it only hit-" I interrupted "Just above my eye. Dude, you could have blinded me if it had hit my eye" "Well I-" I erupted "Found it!" , removing a loose board in the floor, revealing a small hole, the exact size of a shoebox, which was exactly what, was in the hole. "Found what?" Chris asked completely forgetting about the accident we had 7 years earlier, where he almost shot 7 year old me in the eye. "Your soft-gun of cause" I said pulling a dusty old shoebox out of the hole in the floor. I crawled out from under my bed and sat down on my bed taking the box with me. I opened the dusty old box and revealed a nice black gun, works and looks just like a real gun got that safety thingy too. It took me almost a week to actually get the strength to pull the blow-back, or whatever it's called, getting ready to shoot.

"Why do you have my soft-gun?" Chris said looking suspiciously at me. "I told you, I stole it. You shot me and I was actually planning on getting revenge by shooting you too but I soon forgot that plan when I found out how much fun shooting was..." "So you think it’s fun?” He asked with a small grin on his face "Yeah I mean, who wouldn't love to shoot stuff?" I said "Guns are cool" I finished as I took out a large plastic container which had filled nearly all the space that the gun hadn't. Inside the container was small hard balls, what exactly they're made of I don't know, plastic I presume but I don't know for sure. I took the magazine out of the gun checking, no ammo. I quickly loaded it with 16 small plastic balls. "What kind of balls?" Chris asked. "Blaster Devil .28g Air-soft BBS" I answered as if I knew everything about my (his) gun from the back of my head. "How do you even remember that?" I sighed "Look at the container" On the container it said "Blaster Devil 28g Air-soft BBS" with large black letters "I knew that!" He joked "Sure you did!" I went on.