Status: Complete

Risky Business

Epilogue; And their hearts still beat as one.

Marissa Evans was working a double shift at Donna's Diner when a bunch of young men walked in and sat in a booth. She grabbed a notepad and walked over to their table, ready to take their order. They all smiled at her as they told her what they wanted, and as she walked away, she could hear them talk highly of her.

Marissa brought the men their food and made casual conversation with them as they ate. They seemed to enjoy her company as she did their's, and she was almost sad when they paid their tab and put on their jackets.

They had stopped at the front door and one of the guys glanced back at Marissa as she cleared the table. Walking back to where she was, he introduced himself as Todd and asked Marissa if she wanted to go out one night. Smiling to herself, Marissa declined and sadly watched Todd's smile turn into a frown. She held up her left hand and as her gesture registered in Todd's brain, he smiled, nodded, and walked back to his friends.

As they walked out, Marissa could hear them ask him what went wrong. “She's engaged,” he answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Officially over with! Isn't that cute, though? She wears the ring Brett was gonna give her? <3