Status: a working progress.

Sing Till Your Lungs Give Out

First Day, First Slushie...

"I already hate this school" Eli complained as we got dirty looks from jocks and cheerleaders.

"Get over it Eli. Its better than dealing with Claire, Darren, Damien, and lets not forget Fitz. Plus YOU could have gone to Dalton Mr. Grumpy Pants" I nudged him.

"True. Fine. Its not so bad when you put it like that." Eli said as we opened the locker we were sharing.

"SKYLAR!!!" I heard someone yell before I got tackle hugged making Eli jump and me laugh.

"Oh my gosh Kurt! I am SO happy to see you!" Kurt is my cousin's boyfriend and has become a good friend.

"Same! And you look amazing! Dark, but amazing, you too Eli!" Kurt gushed. He knew it was Eli because I had told them about each other.

"Uh...thanks? Kurt right?" Eli looked skeptical.

"Yup! This is Kurt, the guy who got Blaine-y-kins to try romance. He's a miracle worker!" I gushed playfully about how Blaine and I both have always been bad with romance.

"Oh stop it" Kurt blushed. Suddenly Eli and I got slushies to the face.

"Welcome to McKinley losers."

"FUCK! IT STINGS!" I heard Eli yell. I simply calmly wiped it out of my eyes the best I could and turned to Kurt.

"Who did that?"

"Karofsky. Come on lets get you two cleaned up."

"In a sec." I walked towards Karofsky.

"HEY MEATHEAD! IF YOUR GONNA BULLY A GIRL AT LEAST BE MAN ENOUGH TO NOT RUN AWAY AFTER!" Everyone turned and stared whispering or "OOOO"ing.

"Don't fuck with me new girl" Karofsky 'warned' me.

"No, you've got it wrong shit-for-brains. YOU don't fuck with ME." I threatened calmly.

"Seriously messing with her is a bad idea" Eli threw his 2 cents in.

"Oh really? You expect me to be afraid of a little girl?" Shit-for-brains laughed at the thought of being scared of a girl at least a foot shorter than him and 200 pounds lighter than him.

"Considering this 'little girl' has seen and done more than you, you really should be scared." I warned in what Eli once referred to as my sexy scary voice. Don't ask cause I really don't know...apparently its sexy how intimidating I can be while staying completely calm.

-RIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG-

"Saved by the bell short fry" He said before he stalked off to class, our audience following suit, a few of them smiling and patting me on the back on their way by.

"Do you have a death wish?!?!?!" Kurt freaked out on me. "I told your cousin I would look out for you! But I can't protect you from HIM!!!"

"Kurt, I've dealt with worse. I don't need protection. No offense hun." I hugged Eli before going into the bathroom to clean off the slushie. Once I got it all off I called Blaine knowing it was his free period.

"Your in school hun." He started off ignoring the usually 'hi's' people usually start conversations with.

"REALLY!??! I DIDN'T KNOW! Thank you for informing me captain obvious!" I responded sarcastically receiving a laugh from him.

"What happened?"

"Eli and I got slushied and I opened my damn mouth...."

"SKY! Are you okay?!?!"

"Yeah...but I don't want to go back out there."

"Too bad" Another voice interjected behind me. I hung up and threw my phone in my pocket as I turned around.

"Ummm.....hi random boy. Why are you in here?!?" I freaked out.

"Even though Kurt is gay he hates going into the girls bathroom unasked, plus he was helping your friend clean the slushie out of his hair. So he asked me to check on you since I don't mind coming in here. I'm Noah Puckerman, call me Puck."

"Uhh...I'm Skylar. And I'm fine. I just really want to go home..." I sighed leaning against the sink.

"Considering you challenged Karofsky back there, which was hot by the way, leaving would be like giving up. He would win." He walked towards me, pulling me into a hug I was reluctant to accept.

"Fine. But I have no idea what my next class is...Eli has my schedule..." I pulled away from the hug.

"The emo looking kid?" He questioned.

"Uhh...yeah" I laughed.

"He gave me your schedule for you. And you've missed enough of this period to just not go. We both have gym next, so may I escort you m'lady?" He held out his arm like the gentleman I already knew he wasn't. But I laughed out loud and hooked my arm through his and we walked to the locker rooms to change. Once we were in our gym uniforms we sat on the bleachers waiting for out class to start.

"Your a lot nicer than your dark appearance makes you seem" I smiled at that comment.

"Yeah. Until you get on my bad side." I smirked. "But after being hurt a lot you do anything to make people stay away." He looked confused so I decided since he was a friend of Kurt he couldn't be that bad, what harm could it do to open up to him. So I sighed, and told him about my ex's (Darren and Damien) who treated me like dirt. After I got done talking he pulled me into a hug.

"I am so sorry...they're trash"

"I know."

"Why open up to me? I mean I like it, I'm just curious."

"A friend of Kurt is a friend of mine." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Plus you seem chill. But don't think I'm going to sleep with you." I smirked at the shocked look on his face. Then we got yelled at to start running laps. So we jogged beside each other still talking.

"How did you already know my reputation?!?!"

I laughed so hard I had to stop running. When I finally calmed down I started jogging again and responded, "I didn't, I pride myself on reading people. Which is why I knew I could trust you. And I figured I'd take a guess and you proved me right."

"Damn girl..." He lightly shoved me making me laugh again.

"So is Eli your brother?" He asked.

"Eli GOLDSWORTHY, Skylar ANDERSON. What do you think?" I sarcastically commented running backwards in front of him.

"Oh...right. So is he your boyfriend then?"

"No, why?" I asked fully confused as I fell into step beside him again.

"He seemed REALLY concerned about you."

"Oh, well, he's my best friend next to my cousin Blaine. He and I have been through a lot together so he knows how fragile I really am despite appearances." I explained and he nodded.

"So your single" He winked at me playfully. I outright laughed.

"By choice, yes." I lightly shoved him.

"Fine. But you're missing out on all of this." He gestured at himself and stuck his tongue out at me when I fell over laughing. "Fine. I'll be a new best friend then."

"YAY!" I jumped up and hugged him making us both laugh.

"PUCKERMAN! ANDERSON! LESS TALKING MORE RUNNING!" Coach Beiste yelled. I stuck my tongue out at her. She's my dad's friend so I can get away with that thankfully. Then I turned to Puck.

"Race ya?" I shoved him.

"Your on" He smirked and we took off shoving and tripping each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am about half way done with the next chapter. feedback would be greatly appreciated! This won't follow anything exactly, but it might mimic the show(s) in some way. :) anyway, so much love! :D :*