Status: On hiatus. Rewritting.

My Constant Companion

Onze

It really wasn't anything more than we had done in my dreams. But of course it was much more thrilling.

Shannon's busy hand had begun pulling my panties down, giving him easier access to what he wanted.

My hand meanwhile moved further south, untying the drawstring of his sweats. Our lips had reattached themselves, passionately molded together. He grunted and took my lower lip between his teeth. I let out a sweet moan and he bit down harder before letting go. My hand was in his pants now, gripping him firmly, the other on his back, touching one of his two big scars.

“Wait.” Sudden panic came to my mind.

Should I do this? Could we even do this? I shut my eyes, my breathing ragged.

“You really need to learn how to relax, doll.” he purred seductively. “Let go, like you do in your dreams.”

I opened my eyes wide. Shannon's hand came up and caressed my breast slowly, tantalizingly. Wait... when had he taken off my bra?

“Huh?” I panted out.

“You know what I mean. You're the real you there. Uninhibited. Sexual. Free.”

His lips brushed along my neck to my ear as he said each word. I couldn't control the shivers it caused, then his hand moved south again.

“But you're-” I muttered.

“Not human. I know.” he answered before I could finish my thought. “It doesn't matter, it all works the same way, doll. Can't you tell? Don't you
feel it?”

Oh yes, I could feel it just fine.

“I missed you.” he kissed my neck sweetly, nipping my skin with his teeth. “Let me show you just how much.” He lifted his head so I could see him, a knowing smile spread across his face. I moaned as his lips made their way to my breast.

“That a girl.” he purred and I felt his finger slip of inside me. I let out a louder moan, and pulled his face to mine again.

To hell with it all, this was too pleasurable. My conscience could deal with it in the morning.

.....


“I'm glad you weren't invisible tonight.” I whispered against his chest as we lied naked and sweaty, limbs entwined, on his bed. The two of us together had been so... blissful.

Shannon chuckled, making his chest rumble as he said, “Me too.”

“How can you do that?”

“I guess you could call it mind perception.”

“And how does that work? Mind perception?” I asked as he stroked I-just-had-sex hair.

“Well, it takes energy to do both. We really are supposed to remain, how do I put it, not invisible, because really I was never invisible.” his hand moved down my back, fingertips caressing my spine. “It's more like I can make myself less noticeable, someone people don't focus on. It's how we get around undetected. I took a risk tonight reveling myself.” he said softly. Interesting.

I moved my head to look up at him in the dim light. He smiled down at me serenely. Mmm, how I love that smile. “But it was worth it.” he added.

I sure hope so.

I yawned and Shannon's smile got bigger. “Sleep, doll. You need to sleep.”

“But I've got more questions.”

“No. Not tonight. Shut you eyes.”

I yawned again and snuggled my head on his chest. Yes, sleep sounded like a good idea.

.....


I woke suddenly up and for a moment almost panicked before I remembered I was at Shannon's place. The unfamiliar bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to move a muscle.

I felt Shannon's warm body behind mine and couldn't help the smile that curved my lips. His lips brushed along the bare skin of my back, sending little thrills of ecstasy throughout my body. He rested his head against my shoulder, and a hand came to the curve my hip.

“I think this might be my favourite part of your body.” I heard him say in a low whisper that held a hell of a lot of seduction, as he caressed the bare skin there. “Or this part.” He moved his hand to my bare breast, giving it a gentle squeeze. “Or here.” he touched my belly. “Or...” his hand glided down, further and further. “here.”

I stifled my on coming moan. “Are you trying to turn me on?” I asked softly.

“Always.” he growled as he moved his hand back to a more appropriate place. “How do you feel?”

“Amazing.” I turned to get a better look at his face in the faint light coming through the window, he was smiling sleepily. “What time is it?”

“Seven. I think.”

“Did you sleep?” I wasn't even sure if angels could actually sleep.

“Mm-hmm.” he murmured.

“You look tired.”

“I wonder why.” That sent a nice little thrill to my groin, but I knew something was on his mind but before I could ask what he said, “You look so beautiful.” He kissed my lips tenderly. “Go back to sleep.”

He spooned me once more and let out a sweet sigh against my messy sex hair. I got comfortable and before I could think I had drifted off again.

.....


The sound of birds chirping cut through my unconscious state. I stretched my slightly sore limbs and rolled over. The bed was empty. My eyes flew open. I slowly threw the covers back, found a robe and walked into the living room.

Shannon was sitting on the edge of the coffee table, fully dressed in jeans and a white v-neck tee. He had my phone up to his ear, talking in a low and commanding voice, half snarling the words. “Yes, she's fine... No... Go right ahead... She had a long night... Because she was tired... She's a grown woman, that's why...”

Oh boy.

It took me a moment to gather my thoughts and realize whom he was speaking to. I walked closer and held my hand out for the phone. Shannon looked up at me with a hard look in his eyes, they were darker again. But he handed it over nonetheless.

“Ivy. I'm here. Calm down.” I said to my best friend.

“Oh thank goodness.” Ivy exclaimed in relief. “Did he hurt you?”

“No.” I exclaimed in disbelief. “What would make you think that?”

“I dunno, maybe because you ran off and weren't answering your phone.” she scolded.

Oh right, that.

“I'm sorry. I was just so beat I fell asleep.” Yeah, after some other kind of sleeping. “I didn't even think to call.”

“Mm-hmm. He kidnapped you and could have killed you. And I wouldn't have even known where to look.”

I sighed as I took a seat on the couch, Shannon eyed me intently. He was upset. “It isn't kidnap if you go willingly and he isn't a murderer.” I think.
I frowned and he grinned. “I was fine.” I assured her.

“You should have called.” she said softly.

“I know. I'm sorry.” I hadn't even thought of calling her, what a good friend I was. “Last night was just...” Just what? What could I tell her?

“Speaking of last night, who was that guy Shannon was arguing with at the club?” she asked before I could gather my thoughts.

Yes, of course she would remember Jared.

I shut my eyes for a brief moment. “Look, I'm gonna get something to eat and I'll see you later.” I said before she could ask too many questions.

“Alright.” she knew I was hiding something and she would get to the bottom of it... and soon. “And don't think this gets you off the hook. I still want details about last night. You hear, details woman.” Then she hung up.

“You're friend is funny.” Shannon said with a hardy laugh. His eyes were their normal hazel again. “She thinks I'm the big bad wolf.”

“Are you?” I asked with a tilt of my head.

“I dunno.” he moved closer, still seated on the coffee table, and spread my legs apart with his hands. “Maybe.”

“Mmm.” was all I could manage to get out. He seemed satisfied with just that. He kissed me and somehow managed to move to the couch and place me on his lap. Our tongue touched and I was his.

“You are so beautiful.” he said, breaking out intense make out session.

“Yeah... sure.” I rolled my eyes.

“I mean it.” he kissed me again, slower and more controlled.

“Why do you seem so human?” I asked him.

“Do I? I never noticed.” he chuckled. “I've been around you lot too much. It rubs off, you know. Plus were not that different, really. Are you hungry?”

I was. I hadn't really eaten since late yesterday afternoon and by the look of the sun shinning through the windows, it was around noon. “Yes.”

“Get dressed. We'll go for a late breakfast. You can wear some of my things if you want.”

Wearing my angels clothing... hmm, I liked the sound of that.

I got up and went to take a quick shower and got dressed. I wore my own jeans and one of Shannon's black tees, it was a little big but I liked the fit of it anyway, plus it smelled of him. I managed to make my hair look somewhat decent and slipped on my converse and we headed out.

“You look good.” Shan whispered, low and throaty as we walked to his motorcycle.

“You flatter me too much.”

“You deserve it.” He handed me my helmet and off we went.

We went to a diner that served breakfast all day and I had a big meal. Shannon, as it turns out, did eat human food and a lot of it. We enjoyed ourselves and didn't even think about the troubles of last night, but what happened in his bed came to my mind every time I looked at him.

God he was a sight to be hold. Beautiful, in a rugged sort of way, his facial hair making him even more sexy. He hadn't shaved in a couple days, but I loved it, he looked so mouth wateringly good that way. His eyes, lovely, bright, intent, like he was able to see into my soul. His broad muscles were visible though the thin fabric of his shirt. His big arms warm and inviting. His hands were strong, his whole body a piece of work, sculpted magnificently.

“You know, it's not polite to stare.” Shan murmured, knocking me out of my revelry.

My widened eyes flew to his face. “Sorry. I just like what I see.” I blushed shyly.

“Yeah... I noticed.” He licked his full lips slowly, seductively. “The feeling is mutual.” My blush deepened.

“Did last night actually happen?” I said it more to myself than him.

“Yes. And I'm hoping it'll happen again and again and again.” God, he could turn me on just using his words. I was putty in his hands. “And by that look you're giving me, you're hoping the same thing too.” He smiled and put a forkful of scrambled eggs in his mouth. Oh yes, Shannon, yes I was.

“Oh shit.” I said suddenly.

He swallowed and asked, “What?” He looked worried and alert.

“It's Sunday, right?”

“Yeah.”

“I promised my grandma I would come over and help her with dinner.” I had only just remembered.

“Well it's only a one thirty.” he said not bothering to look at a clock. “She's still at church until two right?”

How did he know that? “Yeah.” I said, unsure.

“So we'll just swing around there. Alright?”

I raised an eyebrow at him.“We?”

He chuckled, “Yes, we.”

“On the bike?” Oh no.

“Yes. Stop worrying.” he reached across the table to touch my face. “Your grandma's gonna love me.”
he paused then added, “And the bike too.”