Status: On Hold. I have no ideas right now. :(

Everything Or Nothing

Chapter Four

Sherlock looked in his element as he walked through the police station but he did look surprised at the fact it wasn't a gas explosion, he even appeared to bemused that the fact there was a letter addressed to him.
“Nice stationary, Bohemian. From the Czech Republic.” he said. “ Fountain pen, Parker. Obviously female.”
Samantha found it fascinating watching the man work and wished she could get all that from just looking and felling the said paper.
“It's the phone, the same one as the women?”
“The study in pink.” he said “ Lestrade reads his blog.”
“Of course not the same phone one made to look like it, you read his blog?” asked Sherlock.
“We all do.” he replied and Samantha was happy it looked like John already had a fan base.
“Did you really not know the earth went round the sun?” he asked and Samantha smiled a little everyone knew that maybe that what they were talking about the other day.
Samantha had a thought she wasn't listening to much to Sherlock right now, whoever sent the phone caused the explosion and was reading John's blog and what seemed to be a lot of the police force as well, it was bad enough she read it.
Samantha looked at Sherlock Samantha lent closer to Sherlock as did John, there were five pips and a photo and the detective looked interested.
“It's a warming and I have seen the place before.” stated Sherlock.
Samantha and John looked at each other before they both chased after Sherlock, once they left she hoped there wasn't another explosion, she may not show her emotions but understood them well and doesn't want anyone to die for some madman fun and games.
After going to 221C Baker street and finding a pair of shoes there they now found themselves in a lab, Samantha and John were both watching Sherlock work.
“Samantha can you get my phone?” asked Sherlock.
“Where is it?” she asked.
“My jacket.” he replied. Samantha smiled but looked at John she wasn't a trusting person but she trusted Sherlock judgement and for now John seemed friendly, she wanted to point out to Sherlock that he was wearing his jacket and was closer but she knew it wouldn't make a difference.
She looked at Sherlock and put her hand into his pocket and grabbed his phone he didn't seem to mind.
“Text from your brother, eight texts must be important.” she told him.
“Delete them He didn't cancel his dental appointment so its not important.” he replied
“What...,never mind.” she whispered the last part.
“My brother would never text if he can talk.” he replied and Samantha nodded and deleted them.
She wanted to remind him about the women who could die but also knew that was useless he was a sociopath and John had already tried and it earned him a sharp comment something along the lines of he become overly defensive about his lack of care.
Both Samantha and John were happy when Molly came in man in tow it was a distraction. The man glanced at Sherlock a few times, then Sherlock explained that the man was gay and had left his number and that had upset Molly.
Samantha could see that Molly liked Sherlock a lot it was more then like it was a crush she had on Sherlock and Samantha didn't like it one bit.
She was a nice girl but really needed to get over her crush just like she should.
John was standing beside Sherlock and was surprised when Sherlock handed him one of the shoes and asked him to try Samantha was just as surprised as John.
“I am not doing this so you can make fun of me.” John replied quickly, Samantha had to remind herself to pay attention she was so ripped up in her on thoughts she hadn't noticed what Sherlock had really been doing.
Sherlock grinned at John.
“I would never do that and I would like another's opinion .” John took that as a good thing.
“Fine.” signed John and began to have a good look at the thing, it was very hard and he know he would miss anything useful.
“Trainers. Look new but the sole is worn. Owner had to have the a while there very 80s so retro design. Big so a mans, but there's felt tip on the inside so they belong to a kid.” John said.
“Spot on” said Sherlock much to John surprise but followed with “You missed almost everything important but well done.”
“Owner loved these. Scrubbed them clean when they got dirty. Changed the laces three....,no four times. Even though there are traces of his flaky skin where he's come into contact so eczema. Worn more on the left side so the owner has weak arches. British made twenty years old. There not retro there original. Limited edition, two blue stripes 1989.” said Sherlock to the both.
John was shocked again about how the man noticed all this but didn't know primary school science.
Samantha was thinking over what he just said it didn't add up to her just yet.
They both saw realisation hit Sherlock and they both frowned when he started saying Carl powers.
“1989 a young swimming champion came up from Brighton and drowned in the pool.” Sherlock told them like they were suppose to know.
They were insight into Sherlock past was fascinating, he had started young must have always been like that but being young he was ignored when he reminded them of the shoe asking where they were all his brilliance and he even had it then.
Hours later both Samantha and John just watched him go over articles they both felt helpless and useless and Samantha hated felling useless when she knew she was great at the job and maybe not be as intelligent as Sherlock but more so then a normal person.
John was starting to get annoyed because now he was getting harassed be text from Mycroft as well.
When Sherlock decided that they both were the best people for the job he had in mind they both were hoping he wasn't thinking what they thought he was thinking Samantha the most.
As they both sat in Mycroft office Samantha just sat there not liking it one bit, she let John do all the talking. Once again Sherlock managed to get out of a meeting with his brother.
The man smile when John said he was there to collect more facts it was creepy and the way he held the side of his mouth it looked like Sherlock was right about the root canal at the dentist's.
Samantha was pretty sure Mycroft wasn't buying any of the lies John was telling him and it looked like John knew Mycroft wasn't buying it but Samantha couldn't bring herself to care she just wanted to get out of there herself and Mycroft never got along and he had also tried to get her to spy of Sherlock a few months after Samantha and Sherlock met which reminded her to ask John if he had that happen to him yet as well.
John and Samantha practically skipped out of his office the moment they could and if Samantha didn't know better she would have swear that Mycroft was eyeing her up.
Later as Sherlock posted his finding on his website the killer rang the women sobbing on the phone and said. “Well done. You can come and get me.”
The women was safe and both John and Samantha felt relief wash over them.
Then Sherlock leant down to show them both the message. A car and registration number.
They got to were the car had been found, Samantha stayed by Sherlock's side and John was a little behind.
“Still hanging around with him then.” said Donovan he couldn't help reminder all the times she had called Sherlock a freak. “Opposites attract them.” John didn't answer he walked past her and joined Sherlock and Samantha, why was it people always think he with Sherlock or on a date with him.
Unfortunately he had gone to talk to the wife of the missing man and knowing a sociopath this wasn't going to end well but that gave Samantha a minute to talk with John.
“So, has Mycroft asked you to spy on Sherlock yet?” she questioned getting straight to the point and John was a little taken back but nodded.
“Yeah, within a few days of me knowing him.” he replied she nodded.
“I guess you said no.” she replied Sherlock may be many things but first and fore more he was Samantha's friend.
“Yes, he didn't like that much.” said John quickly.
“Yeah, I can remember.” she replied simply.
They went back to watching Sherlock.
A few lies later and a rather distressed wife later John knew he was right, still a least Sherlock got something out of it.
They were both just following Sherlock around at the moment.
As they were leaving Sally shouted something about fishing.
“What was that about?” questioned Samantha.
“Not really sure.” replied John and Samantha was starting to trust him he may even be good for Sherlock.
As they headed to the place were the car had been hired from Samantha was happy Sherlock had found a friend that was good for them and maybe Sherlock was also good for John as well.
John went though the facts with the owner which he seemed jumpy about thought Samantha as she stood behind John.
Sherlock asked about a cigarette machine Samantha knew it was a ploy and John almost started his rant to the evils of smoking and for Sherlock the one about overdosing on nicotine patches and drugs use but stopped himself.
“So where is he?” asked Samantha.
“Columbia.” Sherlock replied.
“Columbia? Surely not.” said John.
“Evidently he would.” said Sherlock.
Later as Sherlock finished typing his finding and posted then on his website with a grin, it was almost creep how the phone rang the second the man posted the message.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
As they sat in a cafe both Samantha and John eating and Sherlock again thinking over everything John was beginning to think Sherlock had a eating disorder. Then the phone rang again and three beeps later there was a picture of a women and Sherlock didn't know who it was all Samantha had seen of this women there was something in the newspaper once or twice and nothing important because she couldn't remember.
John was surprised they both didn't really know who the women was they both were very alike yet different as well John noticed that Samantha cared about people even if she didn't show it and didn't mind having a conversation with a person to get to know them and she was relived when the women was saved for as must as they were alike they was just as different Samantha was also quiet but was also forward with her questions when it came to her friend and loyal to then he also knew she didn't trust him 100% yet but hoped he would in time she seemed like she would be a great friend to have and a even worse enemy.
John felt great being able to tell them something they did not know.
“Lucky for you I have had more time on my hands.” John said and stood and flicked through the channels on the small telly in the cafe.
“What do you mean?” asked Sherlock.
“Luckily me and Mrs Hudson watch a lot of telly.” he said and stopped at the right channel and the women for the picture was on the telly, he walked back over to there table and continued to eat as Sherlock talked to them about the killer and Samantha ordered tea for them all.
Samantha noticed that the detective looked very serious and John and Samantha weren't liking what they heard but were both confident in Sherlock the detective would still won through, Samantha didn't noticed Sherlock glance at her as she watched the women on the telly but John did and there was a small slash of emotion in his eyes but that was something he could ask Sherlock about later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like it and please comment.