Status: Currently Active

Another Year, Another Mystery

Chapter 2

Another Year, Another Mystery

Chapter 2

Patricia, Nina and Amber sat nervously in the main room waiting for the boys to return to the house with their newest house member.

"Do you reckon they were able to find her?" Amber questioned.

Patricia and Nina looked at her. "Of course, she won't of got that far." Nina replied.

She knew Rory, she would never hide herself, she knew people would worry about her. As she finished her train of thought, there was the turning of the door handle. The 3 girls all looked to the door of the room with bated breath.

"LET ME GO!" A female voice shrieked. The girls looked at each other, perplexed.

Alfie, Jerome and Fabian sauntered into the room, placing themselves by the girls. All 3 looked greatly amused.

"Wher.." The 'goth' began to ask, only to be shushed by the boys.

There was a scuffle of footsteps, and Mick made his way into the room. With a struggling Rory on his shoulder. The aforementioned boy stifling his laughter.

Patricia looked sternly at Jerome, who had sat himself down next to her. The boy in question raised his hands in surrender to her glare.

"It's not our fault, she wouldn't come with us."

Rory exclaimed from behind Mick's back. "So not true!"

Alfie shushed her as Mick dumped the 15 year old on an empty sofa. Said girl huffed as she pushed herself up, her hair in complete disarray and standing up static.

She opened her mouth to speak but was stopped by Nina, who held a 'I don't want to know' face. The brunette grinned at her American friend. Nina rolled her eyes, before gesturing to her younger friend to go up to their room. They had established earlier that both girls were roommates.

The other girl nodded, getting up and bid all her new friends goodnight, with a small wave.

................................................................................................

Rory's eyes twitched as the bright morning sun glared down upon her. Making a soft noise of discontent, she pulled the duvet from her body and stumbled into the girls bathroom.

Heading down stairs, showered and ready for school, the small girl made her way to the dining area, which she remember from the night previously.

As she placed herself in the only remaining chair, she noticed the amused stares from her peers. She raised her eyebrow in question.

"Morning." She murmured sleepily . The other replied with more enthusiasm.

"Ready for school are we?" Alfie snickered.

Rory's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. It was Monday, school usually started on the this day.

"It's the first day back, we only go in for afternoon as we only get timetables and have an assembly." Amber informed her, to which the girl nodded.

"Oh well, guess I'll just stay ready for the next two hours then."

Rory thoroughly enjoyed the tour Jerome and Alfie gave her, around the school. Though many of the students eyed her suspiciously, she made it so it didn't bother her.

She met Mr Sweety, a man who she felt extremely uneasy about, and so did the others, which made her curious.

The brunette breathed a sigh of relief when she made her way into her history class. She found the subject fascinating, and greatly enjoyed the lessons at her pervious school.

"Right, welcome back year 11's. This term we will be studying Ancient Greece, you all seemed to really get into the Egyptian studies last year, so I thought we'd do something similar for your exams." Rory grinned happily.

Patricia muttered some profanities under her breath on the table next to her and Nina's. To which Fabian chuckled about from next to her. The brunette grinned slightly, before turning her focus to Mr Winkler.

"For the first few weeks we are going centre our skills on Greek Mythology." Rory mentally fist pumped. This was her best area.

"So can anyone tell me about the Greek Gods?"

The younger girl immediately raised her hand, not caring if she looked like a try hard. Mr Winkler nodded in her direction.

"There are two sets of Gods; The 12 Olympians and the Titans. The gods are ruled over by Zeus, and his wife Hera. Hera was also, rumoured to be Zeus' sister. Then there is Poseidon, God of water, Dionysus, God of art, Apollo, God of light, music and poetry, he was also a excellent archer. His sister is Artemis, the virgin Goddess of animals and hunting, Hermes, the messenger God, Athena, virgin Goddess of wisdom. And finally, Hephaestus, God of craftsmanship and Demeter, Goddess of nature and the seasons."

The girl took a deep breath before continuing.

"Not many of the Titans are notable, bar Cronus, who tried to take over the Olympians, Selene, who is noticeably related to the Moon and Nyx, who ruled over the night."

Upon finishing she noticed many of her class mates looking at her in appreciation or distain, and she shrunk herself into her seat, away from the prying eyes.

Mr Winkler looked at her impressed by her knowledge, before asking how she knew so much.

"I'm part Greek, my grandparents taught me all about our 'heritage', it soon became a interest of mine."

The young teacher nodded his understanding and Rory relaxed slightly and began to take notes on his lesson.

"So, I think we should do a class project. The fabled Necklace of Harmonia, is said to bring the wearer immortal youth."

The 15 year old froze whilst writing the notes. The one thing she hadn't wanted to be brought up, had just been turned in to a school project. Rory's stomach twisted uncomfortably.

"I want each of you to get into groups of 6, and research about the powerful object. At the end of the two weeks you will present your findings about the apparent whereabouts, the power it posses, how it was created and any pictures you may find."

Patricia, Nina, Rory, Fabian, Amber and Jerome all got into a group. Alfie and Mick were not present in the class.

Unbeknownst to Rory, the 5 Sibuna members shared identical glances behind her. Each one showing about the suspiciousness of the so called 'project'.

All 6 began the work on what they knew would be a tough project for them over the next two weeks, though the 6 teens were grateful they all lived together, making it easier to work together.

...............................................................................................

Later that evening, Rory was sat in the lounge area in her pyjamas, a thick books placed on her lap.

As the clock drew closer to 10pm she knew that she would be needing to head off to bed soon, due to Victor's insane routine. She stood, cracking her back unhealthily, and padded down the hallway to the stairs.

Upon passing the boy's rooms she noted that Fabian still had his light on. Creeping closer she began to hear soft voice float through the door.

"..Isn't it still slightly suspicious that we're focusing on an immortal object, I mean think about what happened last year.."

So Patricia was there, the brunette wondered who else may be there to.

"..I understand that, but I think it may just be a coincidence, and any way, how are they going to get it?"

And Nina to?

Rory frowned at the jumbled mess of the conversation, the door was blocking out some of what they were saying inside the room.

"But that's obviously what the project's for!" Patricia exclaimed loudly, to be shushed by Jerome.

"I think it would be good for us to start our research on the Necklace. But we'll do it tomorrow, see what we can find."

Rory's eyes widened, they couldn't be talking about the Necklace of Harmonia could they? The girl instinctively raised her hand to her chest.

No. She thought. Not here. Not now.

The small brunette was jostled from her thoughts as the sound of someone getting of a bed reached her ears. She jumped slightly before silently running up to her room, throwing herself on to the bed by the window.

.................................................................................................

Rory Tomlinson was bored. The week had past in a repetitive drag of school, home, homework, eat, bed. She was now sat in her and Nina's room, a laptop placed on the bed in front of her. Sighing in frustration, she slammed the lid down.

"Are you okay?"

The girl jumped at the noise. Looking up her hazel eyes met deep brown. Fabian looked down upon his friend in concern, she had been getting a serious lack of sleep over the week and it was starting to show on her face.

"Yeah. Just tired, that's all, thank god it's the weekend." She chuckled dryly.

Fabian smiled at her slightly. The worry easing off him slightly. He knew she was a restless sleeper. Nina had told him she would often wake up to sorrowful whimpers coming from the her roommate in her sleep.

"Okay, you know you can tell me if something is bothering you though, right?"

The young girl cast her eyes down, a light blush crossing her cheeks.

"I'll be sure to remember that for future reference." She told him.

Fabian nodded at her and began to head out of the room, when she called him back.

"Yes?" He questioned.

The girl in front of him looked nervous before she asked him her query.

"What happened with you and Nina?"

Fabian rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. Rory instantly regretted her question and tried to apologize.

"No, it's alright. At the end of last year me and Nina went out, but we had a messy break up just before summer." He winced.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She told him. "But you both seem fine now?"

"Because we talked it all out and decided we loved each other in more of a sibling way, that's why it didn't work out for us."

The girl smiled in relief. She thanked him for trusting her, and he left her room.

...............................................................................................

Nina Martin was a heavy sleeper. Not much woke her up during the night. Until now.

The golden haired beauty sat up in her bed as she heard the creeks of the bed next to her. She swivelled round to see Rory tossing restlessly in her bed, the sheets wrapping around her body awkwardly, cocooning her.

Nina sighed heavily, before turning her body the other way, and attempted to get back to sleep. Her eyes were slowly drifting shut when a loud scream penetrated the air.

The girl sat up in her bed quickly, her heart racing and her veins pumping with fear as she turned to the source.

Rory Tomlinson's body was twisting at odd angles as she screamed in agony.

A deep sickness was developing in Nina's stomach as she witnessed her best friend in such a horrible state, as she began to scramble out of her bed when the door burst open to reveal the four boys who had nominated themselves as the younger girls protector.

Fabian froze in horror at the sight before him, before he launched himself over to the bed of the small brunette. The three boys following, behind them was Patricia and Amber, who both held looks of fear and concern for their newest friend.

Rory's eyes flew open, disorientated, she began pushing herself into the wall behind her, muttering.

"Please don't hurt me!" She sobbed.

"Rory? Rory, it's Fabian, no one is going to hurt you, I promise." He soothed.

The wild hazel eyes of the terrified teen switched towards him.

"Fabian?"

He smiled at her. "Yes, and everyone else is here to." He consoled.

Rory took deep shuddering breaths, slowly calming down, Mick handed her a glass of water, which she took, her hand shaking violently.

The 7 teens shared a look before turning to the panic stricken girl.

"Rory, what the hell was that?"