Status: Active! New should I keep/kill?

Real Life Romeo

(2)

"Hey Faaayy!" One of the jocks teased. I glared at him, I definitely don't talk like that.

"We heard you were running for treasurer Fay-g." I saw the glint in Trent, the jock squad's leader's eyes as I sucked in a breath between my teeth.

"Aw, you brought a friend. Is he your new boy toy? Hmm?" He arched his eyebrows in an amused style. However, I knew he was not amused, he was just waiting for me to get angry enough to charge at him so he could be me up. I held my ground... If he attacked first it could be considered self-defense. I moved from my rigid posture and crossed my arms across my chest.

"What if he is?" I said with a sly smile. Jocks were easy to anger... Just drop a few innuendos and they pretty much explode rage.

"We'll have to teach both of you a lesson." He mimicked my posture and tone.

"Oh dear, I'm quivering in my boots." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you mean your queer little Toms?" He asked trying to get a reaction out of me. They all knew I had a strange attachment to my Toms. But it was just because they were the comfiest things ever.

"Oh, definitely." I mock sighed at them. "These shoes turn people gay everyday." I used a high falsetto and lengthened all my vowels to make myself sound more gay. I could see Trent's face heat up. I barked out a laugh. Then I looked over at Shane. He looked relatively calm.

"You ready for the kicker?" I asked him. I had a plan that would set the jocks off immediately.

"Mm-hmm." He nodded. I walked over to him and pressed the entire front of my body to the side of his and lifted up my leg. He grabbed it and held it him place. I nuzzled into his neck.

"See look how I already got to the new kid." I smirked at them. "We're in looove. We might even get married!" I smirked at him. The one thing that got Trent's goat more then anything is that, in this beautiful state, two men could still get married. Every time something happened like that he'd about explode the next day at school. It was the funniest thing ever.

"How DARE you!" He growled and started stomping towards us. I didn't move.

"You things should never! Ever! EVER! Be aloud to marry, you are-are!-ARE-!" He choked on his anger.

"Aw, did poor little jocky lose his words?" I feigned pouting.

"GET THEM!" He shouted and the entire football team stampeded in our direction. All I could think is: I should have run. But I couldn't now, I couldn't force my legs to move; they weren't responding.

**


I finally landed a punch square in the jaw of my current opponent. We were pretty even, he was slow and powerful I was quick and nimble. I dodged him with ease but if I moved too quickly after he punched he would some how manage to swat my hand away before I could really do anything to him. When I finally landed my first hit, it was all down hill from there. He was too slow to recover fast enough and block my next assault. In a hurry, I planted several more punches to his face and neck area. When he finally fell backward I assumed he was unconscious and turned to around to see how well Shane had done. For some reason most of the jocks immediately flocked toward him.

I hope he wasn't hurt, I would feel just terrible. Besides it is my fault that he was brought into this fight. When I found where he was standing a gasped.

I could see his chest moving radically as he tried to catch his breath. He had a good reason to be out of breath; he had knocked at least 5 guys unconscious. My eyes traveled away from the bodies that lied around him and back to his face.

His brow was furrowed over his deep blue eyes that called out to me, and his posture was rigid. All his muscles were tense as if he was waiting for a berating over what he had done, or another wave of jocks.

In a word he looked powerful. As if nothing could ever take him down; he was invincible. I walked over to him slowly, it felt like I was being pulled towards him by some sort of magnet. Or as if my limbs moved on their own accord and I had no control over it. I reached up and caressed his face robotically. For some reason I was trying to comfort him. I didn't really understand why. Then I wrapped my arms around him... or rather my arms wrapped themselves around him. I had nothing to do with this. For a minute the hug was awkward; he stood there as stiff as a statue while I had my arms awkward wrapped around his waist.

Finally he melted from the ice that had entrapped him and his arms snaked around my torso, he hid face in the crook of my neck, and I put my head on his shoulder. Suddenly it all felt right, it felt like I was made for his arms and he was made for mine. We just fit so perfectly together, and I never wanted to let him go. I felt a tingling at the back of my brain again. There was a dam around these memories, I could feel it, and soon; it would blow. And all the memories, weather good or bad, would hit me like a tidal wave. But right now I was happy in his arms.

"It's okay." I heard a voice say. Hey wait, it was mine. "I promise everything will be okay... Will." The name had just slipped from my lips, I have no idea where it came from. His name is Shane... Isn't it? By the way he tensed, I could tell something was up. He pulled away from the hug slightly; still keeping his arms around me.

"What did you call me?" He said gruffly.

"Uh... Will?" I stuttered. "I'm sorry! I'm not sure why I did it... It just kind of happened... Your name is Shane right?" He didn't respond. "Right?" He nodded quickly then gave me this perplexed look. I couldn't decipher what he was thinking before the look was gone.

"I'm afraid I've gotten you into a lot of trouble." He said sheepishly and nodded toward the principle who was stomping toward us at an alarming rate.

"Do you think we can run?" I murmured jokingly.

"We could." He said but it sounded as if he was implying something completely different. Amusement lit his dark eyes. "We could run, far away never return." I giggled. Then I stopped because: I. Don't. Giggle... Ever. Maybe I'd laugh or smile but never would I ever giggle.

"Fay?" I heard Kiara hiss. "Did you just giggle." See I had even surprised her.

"Uh....maybe?" I said wishing I could take it back. Giggling is a sign of weakness, he'll think I like him, he'll date me, then he'll end up breaking my heart into a million tiny pieces.

So, with the moment officially ruined and all I tried to withdraw my arms and pull away from him. He stopped me.

"Just wait a second." He murmured under his breath. "I'm going to let go of you. You have to promise to keep your arms around me. I'm going to try something." Before I could respond he let go of my waist and I stayed put.

"Shane? Right?" He asked. Somehow he hadn't noticed me.

"Uh yeah, I'm the new kid." He said with a nervous smile as he tousled his hair with his hand.

"You must be lost." He offered, still not noticing my existence, or the 6 or so unconscious jocks laying at our feet.

"A little." He admitted sheepishly. "Someone said they'd lead me around but I forgot who it was. I think they went to get me a late pass or something." I saw a wrinkle for between his eyebrows as if he was concentrating really hard.

"Oh, that must have been Fay, yeah, he was in the office asking for some late passes right as I left...." No...I've been right here the entire time... What's going on? A confused looked crossed the principles face, it looked as if he was fighting an internal battle. A bead of sweat rolled down Shane's face.

"Why did I leave?" The principle wondered out loud.

"Maybe you had to get something for the teachers lounge?" Shane answered through closed teeth.

"Yeah that's it... Marian wanted some coffee." He said and nodded, it seemed as if he was convincing himself.

"Well, have a good day Shane; hopefully Faith gets back soon so you're not too late." He smiled genuinely and left. I shuddered as he used my full name. Shane let out a breath and stepped back. Kiara came running towards us.

"You're so lucky!" She gasped. "He sounded so mad! You're lucky you were helping Shane otherwise he would have suspended you."

"Yeah... Lucky." I said as I shot a look that said 'what the hell was that' at Shane. I bet he had done something to they minds; played a trick on Kiara and the principle minds so that they would see something different then what had actually happened. I looked at him again. He was giving me the same stare he had been giving the principle. I raised an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Kiara why don't you get to class?" I offered to her without looking at her.

"But..."

"I know how much you don't like being late. I'll be right there." I assured her with a smile. "I just have to ask Shane something." I pretended to look down and blush. "In private."

"Oh!" She gasped, thinking she understood. "Okay, I'll go!" With that she started walking to class.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"What?" He asked tensely trying to play dumb, and failing.... miserably.

"The principle didn't see me or the jocks whatsoever, and Kiara thought we got in trouble." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I know know what you're talking about." He said stubbornly and mimicked my defensive stance.

"Bullshit." I glared at him.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed.

"You heard me. What did you really do?"

"Nothing." He said again. He was giving me 'the stare' again.

" Why are you looking at me that way?" I asked, then the questions started tumbling out of my mouth. "Why did I call you Will? Why did you tense up when I did? Why, every time I look into your eyes I feel like I know you? Like you were really important to me somehow?" I hadn't realized I was walking towards him until he hit a locker behind him. He sat there in silence.

"Tell me." I growled. He gulped.

"I can't, you won't believe me." He said weakly. "You have get to know me. So you don't run away like..." He trailed off.

"Like?" I offered.

"Come on a date with me." He asked as he looked deeply into my eyes. I felt myself becoming trapped but I just couldn't look away.

"We can go to the movies, and walk to a near by diner. Then I can drive you home bid you farewell. I'll want to stay, to come inside. But it's not appropriate so I'll say goodbye and return home." My vision started darkening around the edges. I desperately clawed for Shane's arm. I felt the world tip and my vision blurred. I felt Shane's strong arms around me and I felt safe.

"You be okay, I promise." I heard his voice. Then the world went black. His last sentence echoing through my head over again.

"You'll be okay, I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh I wonder what will happen? Pfft, no I don't, I already know... And it'll be good I promise... I already have most of this story planned out... Which is new for me...

So it's Friday, and I'll be off Monday and Tuesday for my wisdom teeth... I apologize ahead of time for anything I may post on Monday... Hopefully nothing... but I won't remember it if I do...

Anyway I hope to have the next ch. up soon, if not tonight..

Thank you to my one silent subscriber :)

By the way I like comments ;)