Status: Active! New should I keep/kill?

Real Life Romeo

(5)

Apparently after you find your 'soul mate' you become the couple everyone hates. You know; the ones that are so cute you want to throw up. Yesterday, after I was told I was wanted dead, Shane decided to spend the whole night with me. He comforted me, he put on movies I had loved in my past lives, he snuggled with me on the couch, and the best part was asked to be my boyfriend. He said he felt dirty for kissing me earlier and wanted to make up for it. I had laughed. Laughed! And I hated myself for it. He breaks down all of my walls I've built so easily it makes me sick.

Now we're at school walking hand-in-hand to was the couple minutes before school starts. I don't want to do this. I don't want to have to depend on someone. They let you down and crush your heart. But I can't resist him. For some unknown reason it's impossible for me not to love him... Well, technically, it's not unknown but still. I was drawn to him in ways I couldn't explain, I always wanted to be near him, to hear his voice.

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" Kiara said with a smile. I smiled back at her.

"Thanks." I said and Shane squeezed my hand. He knew I was still unsure about all this. And I'd been especially on edge since his brother told me I someone wanted me dead. I scrutinized every inch of Kiara. Trying to tell if all these years her expression has been too sweet or too innocent. Beside me I could tell Shane was doing the same.

"Hey do you want to hang out on Saturday I could make your favorite birthday cake!" She said giddily that's right, I thought my birthday was in a few months... I had totally lost track of time.

"What day is it, then?" I asked, I think I had something planned...

"Your birthday silly, the 22? Of May?" She looked at me worried.

"Oh yeah... Sorry, but Shane already asked me to dinner." I smiled up at him he smiled back at me. I looked back at Kiara she was glaring at Shane but recovered as soon as she noticed me looking at her.

"Oh, okay then maybe some other time." She then sulked off. I looked at Shane he had a twisted look on his face.

"She didn't look too happy..."

"Shane." I groaned. "She's not going to kill me. She can't even kill a fly." I rolled my eyes.

"But isn't that the perfect cover? If you act as if you won't even kill a fly, you'll get away with killing someone because they'll never suspect you." I was stunned into speechlessness. Has Kiara's whole 'nice girl' attitude an act?

"Oh God. I really can't trust anyone." Shane nodded in agreement.

"But just relax, you have drum major tryouts tonight remember? You need to be focused on that. I'll keep an eye out for you... I don't really have much to do in life except find you over and over again." He smiled warmly at me. I tried to fight it but I smiled back anyways.

"Don't try and change the subject on me." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You get worse and worse every life." He groaned and shook his head. I gasped as a stab of pain hit my heart.

"W-what?"

"No! Oh, no! Not like that." He took a deep breath. "Every life you get more stubborn and standoffish. You become more closed to the world, and every time it get's hard for me to get you to fall in love with me." When I didn't respond he continued.

"The first time I met you, you practically fell into my arms. You wanted me to marry you the second day we knew each other. Now it's been two weeks, and I can tell you hate it when I touch you."

"That's not true." I admitted sheepishly.

"Yes it is, I can see it."

"I don't hate your touch per say. I hate how it makes me feel, how I just want to automatically cave; let down all of my defenses. I... Don't like depending on people.. They let you down." Of course I spill everything to him! What else would I have done?

"When has anyone let you down in this life?" He asked mimicking my defensive position. I opened and closed my mouth a couple times, I had never let anyone close to me, except Kiara, and I had never gotten hurt.

"It's my fault." He said suddenly. "Every life after we fall madly in love I have to leave, and you are crushed. And even though you don't consciously remember it, your subconscious does. Therefore you become more and more closed off to the world because of what I do."

"So it's your fault I can't trust anyone?" I'd always wondered why it was so hard.

"Partially, yes. But I can make it better now?" He captured my eyes in his, knowing I couldn't be able to resist if he did.

"How?" I said dreamily.

"This life, you know everything, I don't have to leave you! Fay! We can live together until you die, or we find some way to make you immortal too."

"How will staying with me change anything." He's the reason I'm so cold to people. It's all his fault.

"Fay, if I stay with you and I don't leave the next life you have you'll be less stubborn. Don't you get it? Your heart won't have been broken so you would trust a little more easily."

"But what if I don't want you to stay." I said with tears in my eyes.

"W-what?" He sounded taken aback.

"You're the reason I hate almost everyone. You've hurt me so many times. How can I trust you won't do it again?"

"Because you know about me." His voice broke. "You know my secret, the thing that forced me to leave all those times. Trust me, I would have stayed with you forever."

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I did once." He looked down. "Then I swore I would never tell you again."

"What happened?" Maybe it was partially my fault I was so cold to everyone, because I was the reason he had to leave. I didn't want to tell him but part of me yearned for him to be allowed to stay. The other part didn't like how much I actually cared for him.

"Let's leave. I can show you." He grabbed my hand and we left the school. When I go back home... I shuddered. My mother is abusive, and I've missed two days of school and I've only been home when she's not home to grab clothing. But still, I followed him home. Where he did the freaky thing when he shows me his memories. I'm still not completely sure how he does it though...

**


This time it was different. I was trapped inside something. My own body! It's a terrible feeling, you're just trapped and you can't do anything. I could think freely but I couldn't control what I was doing.

"What was that back there? You threw a horse as if it was a scrap of leather!" I shouted at him.

"Do you really want to know?" His eyes were filled with tears. I wanted to caress his face, but I didn't have control over my body.

"Well of course I do." I crossed my arms across my chest. "I want to know how you just show up out of nowhere and steal my heart. How you make other people see things that aren't there, or see entire situations differently. I want to know where your tremendous amount of strength comes from, and how you always seem to know where I am!"

"Fine." He sighed in defeat and pulled me into what was, I'm assuming, his house. "I have all of these gifts because I life forever."

"No! That's not possible." I gasped, taken aback.

"Yes it is, I was granted immortality because I can create great works of art that take the entire world by storm." His eyes fell a little. "But I can only create the masterpieces when I'm with you. Because we were made for each other. We are two halves of a whole."

"No, you're insane. The church says only to trust the bible. This is not in the bible. You stray from our religion! You... you wish to overthrow the church..to...to disobey God's will. You follow Satan!" I gasped and jumped to conclusions.

"You, yourself go against the bible." He said quietly.

"What?"

"You eat shellfish, and most of all you love me. We are of the same gender and you love me." He looked up to me and his eyes were filled with regret. "The bible says punishment of those are to be stoned to death."

"No, I don't love you. I never have! You're using your evil powers on me!" Through his eyes I saw his heart break. I watched as it shattered into a million pieces.

"I have never once touched your mind. I can't! It's impenetrable. Ask any immortal or angel."

"You're a rotten liar. You only wish to keep me because I'm so easily manipulated by your charm. You know you have the power to do whatever you wish to me."

"Do you think, that if I could touch your mind I would have let you see all the things I've done? Do you think I wanted you to see that so we could fight? Because I don't. I don't want to fight you, I don't want to tell you this and risk having you turn me in or worse.."

"What's worse than being turned in?" I asked, my temper had yet to cool.

"Losing you." I felt a stab in my heart as he said those two words. I knew they were true. He really loved me. I wanted to gasp, and run to him and wrap my arms around him and tell him that I loved him and I'd never leave. But I wasn't the one in control. The me in the past was less swayed.

"Well you'll have to learn to cope because there's no way I'm going to stay with you, you monster." I didn't turn fast enough and I caught glimpse of his expression. It felt as if someone shoved a stake through my heart. I was almost physically hurt by the pain that was plain to see across his face.

Then I ran out the door. Tears fell from my eyes and I ignored what people were screaming at me. I really wish I hadn't because those people were shouting:

"Hey! Look out! There's a carriage and it's not going to stop." But one scream was more prominent than the other.

"Fay!" My breath caught. Shane had called me name and I turned around to look at him, for one last time. Then all went black. I had been trampled by a carriage and it's 4 horses. The ironic part is that in the carriage, was my mother at the time.

My eyes opened, I don't know how much later, but I saw Shane's face he had tears in his eyes. And everything hurt. My chest rising and falling caused stabs of excruciating pain, and the pressure of Shane's hand on mine made me want to cry.

"I'm so sorry this is my fault." His voice cracked. "I love you." He whispered.

"Love." Managed to slip past my lips, and then Fay the first was dead.

**


I gasped as I returned to the present. He had told me his deepest darkest secret, and I called him a monster and left. Then I ran away and died. That's why he wouldn't tell me.

I hugged him and cried into his shoulder. He had loved me so much, he still loves me. And I had cast him aside and insulted him. He had a good reason to never tell me again.

At that moment something changed in me. Loving him didn't seem that bad. I have caused him so much pain in my past lives. I have forced him to leave me, by not trusting him enough. It's not his fault it's mine.

"I'm so sorry. It's my fault not yours. I hurt you, I saw it, your face showed it. I'm so sorry. I'll trust you more this time. I swear." I hugged him tighter and put my face in the crook of his neck.

"It's my fault too." I shook my head. Then I pulled my face back and kissed him. This time, I didn't try to resist, I didn't hate it, and I didn't secretly want it to end. I just enjoyed it. For once, I let myself love him. No fear, no worry, and no regret.

That is until John burst through the door, and said one thing:

"They're here, at the house. You must run. They mean to kill you two!"
♠ ♠ ♠
MaplerDionaire ~ Thanks for reading like all of my stories :). And thanks for commenting and liking them... And... The story it's from is finished and I'm supposed to be updating the sequel, but I don't have much time anymore. it was my most famous story before Separated.

Anyway, thanks to you all for reading and subscribing :) I hope I can update soon and not keep you wondering who's about to kill Shane and Fay.

Okay this is random but: My friend got Escape the Fate's CD, you know the one when Ronnie was the lead singer and I get to put it on my ipod soon :D. The two of us are slightly obsessed with Ronnie, and Falling in reverse...

Well bye, I have to go and read my book report book now...