Status: Active! New should I keep/kill?

Real Life Romeo

(6)

"Who? Who's here?" I shouted as John and Shane dragged me out of the house.

"I can't tell you." Shane said looking back at me. Before I could take a defensive position and refuse to budge and inch before he told me, he spoke again. "They'll know we know." Except his lips didn't move. I was majorly confused. Then I thought back, this whole time, I was the only one who had actually been talking.

"How are you guys doing that?"

"I'll explain it later, for now we need to go." Shane looked at John. "How did they find us?"

"They can feel the power rolling off of him. Can't you? I could tell he was here as soon as I arrived at New York."

"But, we're in Seattle." I said quietly.

"Exactly." John said.

"What is this power you're talking about?" I best get some information from John; Shane will never tell me.

"You're gift. You know the one you get when you turn 18?" I nodded, he continued. "Well, all of your power has been pent up inside you for so long, it's just dying to get out."

"So?" It doesn't seem very relevant to the current situation.

"Every immortal is dying to get their hands on your power. "

"So aren't they immortal for something they did good? Or they have some amazing gift to give the world?" At least that's what I had gotten from Shane.

"Some have cheated death, or found someway to keep their memories. These are what the angels call the Deserters."

"Why do they want me?"

"Because you never made it to eighteen with your Other Half. And... You've had the most life cycles." John added reluctantly. Shane and I gawked at him.

"What?" We asked in unison.

"Most people have reincarnated about 100-300 times..." He didn't continue.

"How many times have I been reincarnated or whatever?"

"712 times." Shane and I froze for a minute.

"What?" I asked as my jaw dropped to the floor.

"That's almost double everyone else!" Shane shouted.

"Yeah, we know." John said. "That's why ever wants to get their hands on him. Shane, he's got 700 lives of power store inside him. Can't you feel it? When you're standing next to him can't you feel the power he emits? The Deserters want him for themselves. They want to take his power, Shane."John said seriously.

"But what can we do? You said you could feel his power from across the country!" Shane started pacing back and forth.

"I have an idea, but I can't tell you, you're thoughts aren't safe. Now come on! We need to go!" With that we ran, more like sprinted, to wherever John was taking us. I really hope we can trust him.

**


"Inside quick." John shoved us into a small stone house.

"Stone! Oh, John you're brilliant!" Shane threw his arms around John's neck.

"What's stone have to do with anything?" I said grumpily, I hate to admit it but I was a tad bit jealous.

"It weakens our powers, but prevents anyone from being able to track you."

"But why have they arrived now?" I asked. "I mean I not eighteen, sure my birthday is soon but, I'll only be seventeen."

"That's what you think." John said.

"What?"

"Well, your power goes by your original birthday.Which is in June, not May."

"So? I'll still be turning 17, I have another year yet." Without answering me John took something out of his pocket and tossed it on the ground. Then there was a random person in front of me. Shane's eyes grew to the size of the moon. Then both John and Shane fell to their knees and bowed. I followed suit.

"Rise, young ones." The angel commanded. Yeah, he had wings, so he was definitely an angel.

"Damon!" Shane gasped. "Why are you here?"

"Because something important has come up. As you know Fay has never found his gift, therefore his powers been building inside of him. Also, he's the one person who has had the most lives. So to compromise for this, he only needs to be seventeen. And the Deserters already know this."

"But, that's next month!"

"I know, we're sorry about the late message. Just be careful, okay, Fay? We've got ten of our best guardian angels assigned to you."

"But why is this so important this life?"

"Because we're all worried that if you reincarnate one more time your body might not be able to hold all the power brewing inside of you and you might... Explode. But then you'd be reincarnate again, and explode again. What I'm trying to say is that this is your last life where you get to live past the first few days of your birth. Make the most of it. Good luck."With that he was gone. I fell to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes.

"My last real life?" I said out loud and it hit me hard. If I don't make it to next month. I'll never see Shane again. He sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Why could I just have a normal life, where I meet you and live happily ever after, with none of this stupid people hunting me?"

"Because I didn't protect you well enough." He kissed the top of my head. That made me thing of something else.

"Have we ever... Um... Erm... You know?" I felt heat rise to my face.

"No, I always wanted to to it right. You know, be married in some kind of way. And have a romantic dinner or something. I wanted it perfect. You.." He chuckled. "You didn't care. You wanted to jump me every time you saw me."

Heat rushed to my cheeks again, but I still looked at him and smiled. He smiled back and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. Might as well enjoy my time with him, because it might just be my last...
♠ ♠ ♠
So I do realize there was a couple bad typos in previous chapters and I'm really sorry!:/
But anyway thank you all for reading and such...

Sorry updates are taking so long. I tried to update semi-quickly but I run on comments and there weren't enough to fuel me :/

I'm addicted to comments, sorry!

Thanks to all my readers and subscribers :D