Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Silence Is Golden

The sunset was setting over Malfoy Manor and the wind was blowing fiercely through the open window where the girl stood; her eyes lit up as she watched an all-white peacock graze on the grass without a care in the world. She wished with all her might that she could be free like the peacock; to go about every day without so much as a second thought about what could be around the next corner. The girl freed her eyes from the scene, the smile draining for her face as a bony ghost-white hand lay on top of her shoulder. The air around them seemed to cool even more causing a shiver to flow freely down her spine.

The figure turned her around slowly and she was met by the deathly eyes of her father, his once full head of black hair, the exact colour of her own which she used to tug on when hoisted on top of his shoulders, now hairless. His colourful eyes which matched her own now lifeless and harsh. The smile only she saw when the death eaters weren’t present still remained even though she could see the strain it took for the simple gesture etched on his brow. His other hand moved up towards her face moving a curl from her eyes behind her ear, his cold temperature making her wince when it met her warm skin.

She slowly bowed her head in respect to the older wizard, her father and the leader of the dark world. The malevolent man rasped a cold laugh as he lifted up her chin and bowed his own head to the girl stood before him. The man would never show his affection for his daughter in front of his followers, it would be sign of weakness in his eyes. Whatever heart he had left inside belonged entirely to her and her only. The girl knew this as she rested her head in the crook of his neck before glaring into the now pitch black room in which they were stood.

“Lumos.” A flash of light erupted around them as her father had recognised the intruder also. The shadowed face of the bright blonde boy stood in front of them with a hard expression as he tried to keep his emotions inside his head. If I can hear your fear, Draco. I’m sure my father can too. She thought to herself as she backed away further from the older wizard. Her eyes dancing between the two of them, she’d never been present between one of their meetings before and found Draco’s fear amusing and entertaining.

She fell against the wall with a smirk playing on her lips and closed her eyes with her father’s snake coiling around her stomach before landing on her shoulder, the snake laughing and hissing beside her ear. Draco regained his composure, straightening his back and lifting his chin in a pompous way, “I was asked to tell you that the meeting is about to commence as everybody has arrived.”

The Dark Lord moved closer to Draco with every word as he now stood less than a foot away from the clearly frightened Draco Malfoy. The girl shook her head in disappointment as she ordered the snake off her body as she, too, neared closer to the youngest Malfoy. The snake dashed for the platinum haired boy before her and coiled around his left leg moving higher towards his neck, the normal flawless white skin exchanged for red, sweaty skin as Nagini hissed into his ear.

She hissed at the silent laughter of her master as he enjoyed the look of fear etched on to his features, “Now, Nagini, what have I told you about playing with your food?” Draco’s eyes darted to the robed skeleton in front of him, his brows furrowed as he squirmed to free himself from Nagini’s death grip. The girl rolled her eyes before placing a hand on Draco’s shoulder and ordering the snake onto her shoulders. She grinned at the shaken wizard before walking out of the room as she skipped her way to the Malfoy’s Drawing Room, which for the night would become the Death Eater’s meeting room, much to the dislike of Narcissa Malfoy and her young son who had now joined everyone in bowing to the wizard who headed the table.

“The plan will commence this year. I had originally planned for my daughter to head the task set in Hogwarts but, in light of recent events,” his dark eyes darted over to the Malfoys as he spat out his words, “I’m sure that Draco Malfoy will not fail me.” All eyes moved to the young blue ones, Bellatrix twirled on the spot before laughing. The girl rolled her eyes at the eccentric Death Eater, Are you sure that’s wise, Father? His daughter’s voice sounded clearly into his mind, I know you will not let him fail. Or, you will be punished too. She winced at his words before leaving the room, not before sending a worried glance in the direction of Draco Malfoy who now hung his head, deep in thought.

The sounds of the meetings drowned out as she walked on to the grounds of Malfoy Manor, the freshly cut grass under her bare feet was wet from the rain, the air danced around her blowing her curls in every direction as she placed her feet into the cold lake. She felt Nagini move from her body and then slither back to the mansion, under the orders of her father as Nagini had confessed that she preferred to lay with her.

“I suppose you knew about this?” She didn’t need to turn her head to know that Draco Malfoy had joined her at the lake, with venom dripping from every word as he glared at the dark haired girl beside him, “It’s alright for you. Daddy’s little princess can never do anything wrong.” He scoffed and faced the lake, “you’re almost as annoying as Saint Potter.”
She punched his arm with as much force as she could before sighing and looking out onto the water. She would never be likened to that vulgar boy as long as she lived, but she had no energy to use a spell on the angered blonde to her right.

Draco moved closer to the girl causing her to come out of her trance and stare at him, “Why don’t you speak, Princess? Cat got your tongue?” He laughed wickedly as he jumped up from the lake splashing her slightly before walking back to the house. Tears pricked at her eyes as she pulled the grass up with her hands and threw it into the breeze; grass shards danced around her as she relived the memory which was burned onto her brain.

The young girl danced across the marble floor on the way to her bedroom. Her curls swayed from side to side as she fixed the bows on her summer dress. The sun had burnt her skin slightly and her jet-black hair had lightened at the tips.
She suddenly stopped in the middle of the corridor as she stared into the open room of her Father’s. The muffled screams had caught her attention she edged closer to the door. Her Father’s voiced boomed over the screams and pleads of the woman, who she could now see, was sat on the floor covered in blood.
The girl held her toy, stuffed witch tighter to her chest. Before the girl could say anything the woman fell back landing on her chest, her lifeless eyes stared into the bright green eyes of the five year old girl. She was rooted to the spot, she tried to scream, to protest but no sounds would escape her lips. She tried with all her might to muster a noise until her throat burned with anger. Her hands flew up to her neck, tears falling from her eyes as she pleaded her brain to speak.
Her father watched in confusion at the little girl stood in the doorway to his office. He had never intended for her to see this; not until she was old enough to do it herself. He slowly crouched down in front of the crying child, his knees cracking in protest as he hissed under his breath.
“What’s wrong with you?” The girls eyes flickered from her Father’s to the woman’s and opened her mouth to speak but the words wouldn’t come. She stomped her foot in frustration and cried again clinging on to her Father.


She wiped away the silent tears that had fallen onto her cheeks. It was since that day, twelve years ago, that she hadn’t spoken a single word. Her Father had tried countless times to realign her voice but nothing seemed to work, even the countless dark spells which caused her so much pain. Her only means of communication was through her mind, a skill her father had taught her to overcome her loss of voice. She then found out from Bellatrix that he’d only taught her for his own gain, a weapon against anybody, which he didn’t deny as his reply was to smirk at his daughter before apparating out of sight.

She had become a talented witch and she possessed the ability to perform most spells without speaking, but much to her Father’s dislike she wasn’t as yet able to perform the unforgivable curses. Her father had punished her many times because of it, her body faintly covered in scars. The young witch carefully got to her feet before making her way back to her room, which was too warm as the house elves had decided to light her fire, although she was too tired to punish them for it. She sat down at her dark mahogany desk which looked out onto the back of the Manor, the fields of grass stretching to the horizon in every direction.

A small white envelope lay on her desk, her brow furrowed as she picked it up. The handwriting was unknown to her as she ripped open the paper envelope.

Dearest Adara,
Know that I write this letter to you with respect. Let it be known that this is my final option.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've wanted to write a Draco Malfoy story for some time now, let me know what you think? I'd really appreciate it.
Constructive criticism and your views are valued.
~~ Hannah.