Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Silence Is Key

“Adara.” He shook the girl who now lay on his chest. He wanted nothing more than to stay there but dawn was quickly approaching and he couldn’t have people see him like this; not Draco Malfoy. “Adara!” He hissed. He pushed her shoulder and nothing happened. She snuggled herself closer to him, smiling in her sleep.

Draco reached over and moved the hair out of her face and behind her ear. Sighing to himself he pushed her off him onto the floor and stood, his knees cracking in protest from sleeping on the hard floor. Leaving her there he rushed back up to his dormitory and jumped into his bed, breathing a sigh of relief and closing his eyes. Before he could relax completely there was movement from the bed to his right.

“Draco, get up.” A sock hit his face as Blaise Zabini walked to his trunk, pulling out his uniform, mumbling to himself about running away so he didn’t have to get up before the birds.

“Not a morning person, Zabini?” Goyle added from under his covers. He pushed the covers off his head and instantly closed his eyes, “Too bright!” He threw the covers back on and cursed the lights. Draco rolled his eyes and jumped out of bed a little too quickly, his pale hand moved onto the bed as he lowered himself back down, holding onto his head.

“You alright there, Draco?” Blaise slapped his back before walking out of the room and on for breakfast in the Great Hall. “Fine.” Draco hissed through gritted teeth. He picked himself up again moving over to his belongings. He quickly pulled on his black trousers, made from the finest material; a white button shirt which he made sure was buttoned on the sleeves and his Slytherin tie which he wore with pride.

Holding his potions book under his arm Draco made his way to the Common Room which was empty apart from a few young students wandering around. He kept his head down as he moved through to the portrait and all the way to the Great Hall not wanting to see the bright green eyes of Adara. He took his usual seat between Goyle and Pansy at the large table; he scanned the table and couldn’t see her and let out a sigh of relief.

“Here you go, Draco. You’ve got to eat.” Pansy pushed a plate of eggs in front of him and placed a fork near his clenched hand. “Thanks.” He mumbled picking up the fork and pushing the eggs around the plate. She sighed at his side and placed a hand on his knee under the table smirking over at him.

“Not now, Pansy.” He pushed her hand off his leg and quickly ate the eggs in front of him. Draco pushed himself from the table and grabbed his book, ignoring Pansy and walked straight out of the hall and made his way to the dungeons not caring about being early.

Draco had allowed himself to forget about his task and the realisation of what was happening had hit him like a tonne of bricks. He loosened his tie and leaned against the stone wall closing his eyes.

“Oh Mr Malfoy,” Draco opened his eyes to see Horace Slughorn clambering towards him stuttering over his words. “Shouldn’t you be eating with the rest of the students?” Draco pushed himself off the wall and followed the potions professor into the classroom.

“I didn’t care for their company, sir.”

“Right, well, get your book Draco and stand there. Excuse me.” He turned his back on Draco and prepared for his lesson, pulling potions from the cupboard and setting them down. Draco pulled off his cloak and placed it behind him and leaned, again, against the wall and closed his eyes. Minutes later students piled in from the corridor and stood around him. Pansy walked in and stood near Draco, staring at his closed eyes; wondering what was on his mind.

“Are you okay, Draco?” He clenched his teeth, not bothering to open his eyes.

“I would be if people stopped asking me how I was.” He whispered under his breath so only she could hear. Pansy huffed and crossed her arms tighter around her books and stared ahead into the room, glaring at the Gryffindors stood near her.

“Class, settle down.” Horace hushed his students with his hands before scanning the room, “Now as Dumbledore said, I’m your new potions professor. If you don’t remember my name, I’m Professor Slughorn. Now with those pleasantries out of the way, shall we start?” The class’ attention turned to the door as Harry Potter and Ron Weasley walked in, “Harry, my boy, you had me worried! You’ve brought someone with you, I see.” Draco rolled his eyes at the pair, not caring in the slightest why they were here.

He pushed his eyes back to the floor, Adara filling his mind, he couldn’t help himself. He could smell her perfume all around him. Before Horace could continue another person stumbled into the room, “Ah, Miss René, I was wondering where you were as well. Quickly, stand there near Miss Parkinson.” She nodded her head and made her way to Pansy, glaring at Draco who didn’t meet her eyes.

“Granger, Sir.” Everyone looked over at the Gryffindor, Draco and Adara glaring at her. They both noticed what they were doing and sent a small smile to the other before looking away. “And this one is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. It’s rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them.” Pansy looked up towards Draco who scowled at her before he took a deep breath, almost coughing from the aroma of the potions.

Then he smelled something sweet, a smell he noticed put couldn’t place his finger on. Adara flicked her hair over her shoulder before furrowing her brow, all she could smell was him; Draco Malfoy. It wasn’t possible. When her hair gently whipped past him, he smelt it again and raised his eyes to be met by her green ones. Adara nodded her head towards the potion and them to him, hoping he would get the idea. “Me too.” Draco mouthed before the stern look replaced his smile, yet again.

Draco pushed himself through the crowd of students, Adara quickly following behind trying to keep up with him. They reached a barren corridor and pulled her into a disused classroom, locking the door behind them. He placed his hands on the table, muttering to himself. Adara walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, hoping in some way to comfort him. It was then she realised that she’d gone too far, her affection towards Draco was too strong.

It’ll all be okay, I’m here for you, Draco. He whipped around with a smile on his face, taking her hand in his. “Your voice, it’s beautiful.” She grinned up at him, “You let me in?” She nodded her head and placed her other hand on his heart. There was nothing I could do, Draco. You’re too infectious. He laughed at her and pulled her into a hug,

“I’ll move some stuff around, might be a bit dusty but I’m sure there’s room for you in mine.” She shook her head at him and he sent her a perfect smile.

You’re too much, Mr Malfoy. I love it. She crashed her lips into his, forgetting everything around them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter four, thoughts?
I love writing Slughorn, might bring him in again.

Thanks to the people who sucribed/commented:
rachelMISFIT (who also made the banner, read her Fred Weasley story!)

~~Hannah