Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Silence of Night

Do you know how you’re going to fix it yet? Draco shook his head yet he still smiled at how melodic her voice sounded in his head. Adara was pulling specks of lint from his black jumper as they enjoyed each other’s company. They were currently all alone in the Common Room, their parchments lay blank on the floor and their study books unopened. Neither of them could forget about the cupboard which stood unfixed floors above them.

“Have you got any ideas?” It was her time to shake her head as Draco sighed from beside her. He picked up her legs from on top of his own and stood from the couch. Draco closed his eyes and stretched his arms above his head, Adara grinned and moved to her knees and poked him in the side. He slowly turned around with one eye open and grin on his lips, “That’s how it is now, is it?” His hands flew to her sides before she could react, she squirmed trying to get away from him but she hadn’t enough energy.

Draco suddenly stopped and placed a finger to his lips as he looked around for the voices he could hear. Sure enough, people began filing into the common room from outside; classes must have finished for the day. Draco straightened himself and sat opposite Adara picking up one of his parchments and began writing, I’m not contagious, Draco. You can sit near me you know. She rolled her eyes at him and copied his movements, deciding to make a start on her own homework.

“Studying, Malfoy? Not like you.” Blaise jumped onto the sofa next to Draco causing him to draw a line through the word he was currently writing. “Idiot.” Draco whispered under his breath, throwing his parchment to the floor and staring at Blaise Zabini.

Goyle laughed from his seat next to Adara, nudging her arm to look at what was happening opposite them. Without realising it, Goyle had caused Adara to draw through her work as well. She placed her parchment next to her and folded her arms and glared at Gregory Goyle, his cheeks turning a deep shade of red.

“You two look scarily similar when you’re angry,” Adara whipped her head around to glare at Draco this time. Blaise looked between the pair before laughing and standing up, “What’s up with you two?” Adara looked over to Blaise before smirking at Draco, Not your zip by the looks of it. Draco followed her eyes and burst out laughing. Blaise was none the wiser as he turned and walked to the dormitory shaking his head.

Adara stood and gathered up her things before turning around. Draco watched her walk away wanting nothing more than to follow her and hold her close, but he knew it wasn’t possible. Not with all these people walking around, rumours spread fast in this castle and he wanted, for once, not to be involved in them.

Draco and Adara were half asleep the next morning; the both of them had spent most of the night thinking about how they could speed up the recovery of the old vanishing cabinet. She knew not to keep her father waiting from experience, and she had the scars to prove it. She had drowned most of the lesson out and was brought out of her trance by movement around her. She sat up in her chair stretching her back when books fell onto the table beside her.
Looking up she was met by the eyes of Draco Malfoy who didn’t say a word to her, he sat down and held his head in his hands. Didn’t sleep much, either? He shook his head and pulled his books towards him, pointing to some ingredients on the page, “Could you get them from the cupboard?”

Adara nodded her head slowly and walked towards the mass of students, she pushed her way through to the front ignoring the protests and glares they sent her. “Watch it, René.” She turned to glare at Pansy Parkinson who sniggered at the girl again, pushing her hair from her eyes. “Don’t be getting cosy with my Draco, he wouldn’t want you anyway. Disgrace to the wizarding world.” Gregory Goyle and Draco Malfoy turned in their seats; fear etched into their brows, only they knew who Adara truly was and they knew what the possible consequences of Pansy’s words could have.

Adara’s nostrils flared in anger as she moved closer to the smug Slytherin who stood with her arms folded, her eyes seemed to be laughing at her. Draco noticed Adara move for her wand and jumped from his seat and standing between the two. He shook his head at Adara and she stopped what she was doing, You heard what she said, she should pay! He nodded in agreement and then pointed to the room, “It’s not the time or place.” He whispered so only she could hear.

She sighed and moved around him, glaring at Pansy before returning to her seat. She glanced back at the cupboard to see Pansy hugging Draco, all the while Slughorn hadn’t noticed the potential duel which could have happened in his classroom as he walked towards the pair of Slytherins, “Now, now you two. You’ve got your free time for your lovey-dovey stuff. Back to your potions, not long left.”

I hate her so much. Draco chuckled and placed the ingredients on their table, “Let’s get this done, I can’t stand being in this room any longer.” The two worked together harmoniously as their potion brewed in front of them. As they waited for Slughorn, Draco passed a small piece of parchment over to Adara, she looked at him puzzled. What’s this?

“Read it.” She turned the parchment over in her hand, on the back in neat cursive handwriting it read: Meet me in the common room at midnight. Before she could question him he was gone along with most of the students, Adara grabbed her books and walked out after the golden trio, scowling at the back of Potter’s head.

Adara sighed and fell onto her bed that evening, she’d searched for Draco every time she moved somewhere new, but she couldn’t find him. He hadn’t turned up to eat either, so she saved him some fruit the only thing she could easily fit into her bag at the time. She had realised that he must be doing his task and was too busy to move around the school from lesson to lesson.

Adara glared at herself in her mirror, her bright eyes seemed dull and her flawless, pale skin had turned purple under her eyes from lack of sleep. It still didn’t stop the excitement of sneaking out past midnight with Draco, as she pulled off her robes and clothes she had been wearing in the day. She replaced them with a large jumper, jeans and trainers, not opting for her heeled boots in case of making too much noise.

Midnight took its time in coming as Adara carefully walked out of the girl dormitories in order to not wake up the sleeping witches. Once out of the room she almost bounced into the Common Room where she was met by a tired looking Draco with bags forming under his eyes and his normally styled hair was not gelled and looked natural; she had to say she preferred it.

Draco smiled at her and took her hand in his, “Try and be quiet and follow me as closely as you can. I don’t want detention.” Adara pulled herself closer to him as they walked through the dungeons, his scent calming her slightly as they made their way higher and higher into the castle. He dropped her hand every time they walked towards a new corridor and made sure to look around before taking Adara’s hand again.

Afraid someone will see us together, Draco? She frowned up at him and pulled her hand from his and walked slightly behind him. Draco sighed and pulled her into an alcove and made sure they were out of sight.

Draco lightly brushed his fingers over her lips and nodded his head, “I don’t want people to judge you for being with me. I’m not having people label you because of what I’ve done. You’re too precious to me.” He whispered, “I don’t know what you’ve done to me, Ada. But, you haven’t half made me soft.” He smiled at her and took her hands.

I’m a big girl, Draco. I can look after myself. He sighed and looked at his feet, I might not be able to speak but I know I have a mean glare. Draco smirked at the girl stood before him, “I noticed.” He laughed and closed his eyes.

He pulled her from the alcove back into the corridor and proudly took her hand again, lacing their fingers together as they quickly stood in front of the Room of Requirement. Adara had always awed at this room, the way the door would magically appear and disappear, it truly was a brilliant idea.

They stepped inside and Draco walked ahead of her, pulling an old piece of fabric from what she saw to be the vanishing cabinet. She moved closer to the cabinet and opened the door, peering inside. Any luck today? Draco slithered his pale arms around her waist and rested his head on top of hers, “None. It’s so frustrating.”

I’ll help you as much as I can. Draco turned her around so she was looking straight at him.
“You don’t have to do that. I can manage.” Adara sighed and pushed his tie back up to his neck, I have to make sure you complete the task, Draco. Even if I didn’t, I want to help. He sighed and tightened his grip around her. I don’t want you to be too stressed about this.

Draco’s pale hand lightly pushed her chin up so their eyes met. He softly met her lips with his own before he pulled away with a determined look on his face, “I’ll find a way for you to speak, Adara.” He placed his forehead against hers, “I promise.”

Adara snuggled into his chest and smiled, the happiest she’d been in a long time, I believe you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love my readers, but if you comment who knows your name could be here. Free advertising, who could say no to that?

Thanks to rachelMISFIT for commenting and banner making, much love.

~~Hannah.