Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Beautiful Silence

"You're a right pain, Pansy.” The group of Slytherins made their way through the low-lit Common Room. They laughed and joked, as Pansy pushed Zabini’s shoulder in a joking manner before pushing their way through the portrait and on to Hogsmeade Village. Adara hung back from the crowd as she fixed her hat in a mirror; Draco’s face reflected near her shoulder and she turned around to meet his pale eyes.

She pulled her eyes from his and looked over him, his pale skin bruised from the lack of sleep around his eyes. His bones were slightly more prominent in his face and his eyes held a look of worry, something which he held from most people but with her he wasn’t afraid to show her how he was feeling. She reached up a pale hand and brushed her fingertips across his jaw, worry etched onto her features. He reached up and took her hand in his, sending her a smile which warmed her heart. She looked over him again and saw that he wasn’t exactly dressed for a trip into Hogsmeade.

Her brows furrowed she looked back into his eyes, he sighed already knowing what her questions would be, “Detention.” She frowned at him; he had promised to spend some time with her away from everything, but he’d managed to land himself in detention. She pushed him away and glared at him, he winced away from her and she stomped her way to the door. She was angry that he wasn’t going to be there, but she could tell there was something he wasn’t telling her.

Adara quickly made her way to the crowd of people waiting to leave for the day, she stood near the group of Slytherins not wanting to seem like she was on her own, but she wasn’t planning on speaking to them. The tension had grown as Pansy had glared at her from the moment she appeared, she didn’t pay any attention to her. Draco’s face was prominent in her mind; his actions had confused her and this showed on her face, she glared ahead as she stepped out of the door and followed the trail of chatter, hoping that The Three Broomsticks would take her mind of things.

Pushing through the crowd Adara managed to find an unoccupied table in The Three Broomsticks; she set down her Butterbeer in front of her and snarled at the scene of students that damaged her view. She finished her drink quickly and leant back against her chair, closing her eyes. Sighing to herself, Draco popped into her mind once more. She knew that them being together didn’t exactly constitute making sure he did his task but she was sure her Father would approve. And in turn, the Malfoys would through fear.

She pushed this thought to the back of her mind; she was still upset with him. Movement in front of her stopped her mid-thought as she glanced at the back of Harry Potter’s head who had sat down at the table in front of her, Granger and Weasley taking their usual seats next to the brilliant wizard. She glared at him, hoping it would burn right through his skull. She couldn’t help but imagine how her life would have been if somehow the spell hadn’t deflected; no secrets, she could go about her day as Adara Riddle, people would fear her and she wouldn’t have to run from everyone.

She sighed and pushed her hair back from her face, she recalled an earlier memory when she was walking behind the trio on her way to the Great Hall. She knew from the way that they were speaking that Harry was on to Draco; thankfully Harry trusts the muggle enough to pry much more into it, but she knew it was only a matter of time and she had to throw him off the scent. Draco didn’t need worrying about Saint Potter added to his list.

Adara overheard them saying that they were heading back to the castle, she wasn’t enjoying herself much either, so she decided to follow after them making sure to leave enough space so that she wasn’t associating with them. She pulled her scarf up closer to her neck; the cold had been causing a chill to move through her body. The three abruptly stopped in front of her, staring at two girls a few metres ahead. Adara noticed them to be two Gryffindors, rolling her eyes she stepped around them and carried on ahead up towards the castle.

Before she passed the two girls, the one who held a package in her hand stopped as if she’d had a seizure and dropped the parcel on the floor, revealing an elegant necklace. Adara turned her attention back to the girl, who had shot up into the air. Her arms flailing around her until her screams cut the air around them. Adara took a step back when the girl lay crumpled on the floor beside her.

Adara turned to meet Harry’s eyes and looked behind them to see Hagrid walk towards them, without emotion she turned her back on them and stepped over the Gryffindor on her way back to the castle. She had placed the facts together and knew that this could be linked to Draco; especially with the look Harry had cast her. If she could make it seem that had played a part in this then it could help Draco, she didn’t count on it. Harry was blinded by hatred for Draco.

She stomped her way to the Common Room, arms folded which didn’t help her balance as she clambered through to the surprisingly warm room. She glared at Draco who was currently sat on the leather chair, with an innocent look on his face. She saw right through him as she settled next to him. He sighed and placed his book down but still not daring to look back up at her.

Funny looking detention. He didn’t say a word; he moved away from her slightly and picked his book back up. You need to be more careful, Draco. He knew what she was talking about instantly, something must have gone wrong. He looked up to the sky and rolled his eyes, running his hand across his face, “What happened?”

She touched the necklace, Draco.

“Idiot.” He muttered under his breath, “Why are things so difficult, Ada?”

I don’t know. She moved closer to him and threw her legs over his, resting her head on his shoulder. Just promise me you’ll be careful next time, Saint Potter’s on to you. He laughed maliciously beside her, “Doesn’t surprise me.”

I tried to make it look like I did it, but he didn’t seem convinced. Draco pulled her closer, tracing her lips with his finger before replacing it with his own lips, “Thank you.” He mumbled against them, “I don’t know what I’d do without you.” She grinned up at him, placing a hand on his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
7 subscribers! Thank you :)
Thanks to:
rachelMISFIT
a chickadee in love
for commenting #love

~~ Hannah.

P.S If you comment a bunny is born somewhere, aww.