Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Silence Hurts

Adara stared at Draco from her seat at the Slytherin table, everybody around her was laughing and joking but she couldn’t muster a smile. He had blocked her out; she couldn’t get through to him. His eyes focused on his untouched food, his flawless skin marked with bruises and his usual styled hair slightly out of place. One thing that remained was the harshness of his eyes that looked over at her every few minutes. Adara didn’t know it was because he felt alone and he wanted to make sure that she was still there.

Sighing Draco pulled himself up from the table, grimacing slightly at the pain in his legs from standing in front of the blasted vanishing cabinet. With one quick look over to Adara he quickly walked out of the Great Hall before she could follow him. Adara threw down her toast angrily, causing it to bounce and hit Pansy in the chest. Pansy shrieked causing surrounding pupils to stare at her; some sniggered behind their hands and the rumble of chatter to ring around the Slytherin table.

“You idiot!” Pansy jumped up from the table and pointed a manicured finger at Adara, “Look what you’ve done!” She screeched pointing at her now butter covered jumper. Adara folded her arms over her chest looking at Pansy as if it were an everyday occurrence.

“You,” Pansy started to walk to the end of the table, folding her arms to conceal the butter, “Walking around here like you’re royalty!” Adara grinned and copied her movements until the two were face to face at the end of the Slytherin table. Their eyes bore into each other’s and Pansy slightly stood back from her, losing her composure for a slight second before her eyes glared at the witch once more.

The whole of the Great Hall seemed to be watching their argument, several Slytherin boys calling for a cat fight to which the girls scoffed at.

“You’re nothing but a loser. You honestly think that my Draco would want anything to do with you?” Pansy glared down at her, “You must be mad.” She spat. Adara could feel the anger boil up inside of her, one of the many things she had inherited from her father, and took steps towards a retreating Pansy.

The room had gone silent, even her Slytherin counterparts had stopped sniggering. Adara moved her hand to her boot, grabbing for her wand completely disregarding any rules that were in place. Before she could cast a spell she was pulled back from the girl, Adara groaned inwardly and pulled herself from the person’s grasp. Turning around she glared at Snape who she noticed had a small hint of pleading in her eyes.

“Miss René, may I remind you of School policy.” He placed a hand on her drawn wand and pushed her arm to her side. Defeated she placed her wand back in her boot before smiling at the Professor, who made no attempt to stop her from turning back to Pansy, who stood now with her arms crossed smirking at her but Adara could still see the worry in her eyes.

Adara took a step closer to her, not hesitating in pulling back her hand and punching her square in the face, a triumphant smile adorned her lips when she saw the blood trickle from her nose and onto her lips. Adara turned on her heel and pushed past Snape and out into the corridor. Ignoring the call of Snape she quickly ran away from the scene and towards the seventh floor where she knew she would find Draco.

When the door appeared before her she gracefully stepped into the room, forgetting which direction he had led her in last time to the vanishing cabinet. She quickly scanned the area for Draco before she heard a cry from inside and followed his voice. She rounded an old dresser before she saw him sat on the cold floor, his head in his hands not bothering to look up at her.

She tried desperately to sound in his head but his barriers were up, he wasn’t letting her in. She took a seat next to him, shuddering slightly as the cold stone touched the bare skin of her legs. She placed a hand on his thigh and he moved his eyes to look at her. He took her hand in his and stared at the blood which decorated her knuckles.

“What did you do?” He dropped her hand and turned away from her. She smiled softly when she noticed he’d let her into his mind once more.

I hit Pansy. She grinned as the image of Pansy’s face flooded her mind. Broken nose, I suspect. Draco couldn’t help but grin over at her, his mood picking up slightly. He knew that Pansy had been long deserving of a punch in the face, he was just surprised it had taken Adara this long to do it.

Draco opened his arms for her, which she gladly accepted and moved closer to him. Thankful for the warmth of his body against her own, she squeezed him slightly and rested her head on his chest. Sighing Draco pulled her even closer and kissed her temple, savouring the few moments he had with her before he had to start work again on the wretched cabinet. He just wished his other attempts hadn’t been so feeble.

That’s when Katie Bell’s face appeared in his mind and he remembered he had to try and make amends for his error. In a slight lapse of thinking he jumped up from the floor and ran from the room, leaving Adara slightly confused at his actions. Knowing that Draco often liked to be alone she didn’t follow after and instead turned her hand to the cabinet in hope of a sudden revelation.

After ten minutes she grabbed Draco’s robe that he had left behind and covered the cabinet, she quickly walked towards the dungeons hoping he would be in the Common Room. But something in her mind was telling her to visit the girl’s bathroom and she followed her instinct.
Adara neared the bathroom and looked at the floor with her brow furrowed as she stepped into a puddle. Frantically she dropped the robes and ran towards the commotion in the bathroom. She noticed Draco standing with his back to her his wand pointed into the room. She neared the door hoping to see who was on the other end of his wand and pulled her own out from her boot.

Draco looked towards the mirror and saw Adara’s face looking back at him, his concentration faltered slightly and that’s when Harry’s voiced filled the air.

“Sectumsempra!” Draco staggered back and blood appeared on his soaked white shirt in slashes, as if he had been cut by a knife. Draco’s eyes met Adara’s as he fell to the floor.

“No!” Adara’s voice filled the air and her hands grasped her throat, her wand falling at the same time as Draco lost his grip on his. A small smile was placed on Draco’s lips before he lost consciousness and Adara was pushed to the side by Snape who entered the room, his robes flowing around him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to :
rachelMISFIT

~ Hannah