Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Silence is Deadly

His eyes never leaving Snape’s, Harry quickly exited the girls’ bathroom – pain and fear etched onto his features. Despite her better judgement, and the pain in her heart from seeing Draco motionless on the ground, surrounded by water; Adara ran after the retreating Chosen One.

The rage in her eyes was only comparable to one other person, a person whose name shouldn’t be said. Her eyes bore in to the back of Harry’s back, hoping that he would feel her presence. He did.

Harry stopped and turned to face her, his wand ready to defect any spell sent his way. He had always been the paranoid one – but who could blame him, she thought with a wry laugh. Adara closed the gap between them and looked directly into Potter’s eyes.

“Why,” his words caught in his throat. Standing taller and bearing down on Adara’s small frame he continued, “Do your eyes look so familiar?” Harry recoiled away from the witch, his scar sang with pain as he looked at her – confusion etched onto his plain features.

Adara swiftly changed her expression remembering her father’s words: Harry Potter will die at any expense. This includes you, Adara. You will sacrifice yourself if needs be, you will not kill him. He is mine to kill, he is my unfinished business.

She raised her hand and slapped the wizard with all her might, with the power of the rage she felt in her heart for Draco. The picture of him lying there on the floor will be ever-present in her mind. Turning on her heel, Adara ran in the direction of the bathroom – hoping, desperately hoping, that Draco will be there – alive and well, his arms wide open for her to run into.

Slamming to a stop, Adara pulled herself around the doorframe and into the flooded bathroom – only to see it deserted, with not a trace of blood to be seen. Where is he? She thought. Then it hit her, like a tonne of bricks – she’s in too deep. Adara slid down the wall and buried her head in her hands, shivering from the cold water touching her legs.

If her father knew that she had spoken today, then the game would be up. Although, she understood that she was one of the few things on this earth that he cared about; he wouldn’t think twice of disposing of her. If he’s to win this war, if he’s to win immortality then she, his most powerful weapon, must stay just that.

Tears escaped her eyes. You silly girl, she scolded herself. Your father would have approved of your relationship, but now… Now, if he were to know that Draco was the one to make her talk, if he were to know that Draco held more of her heart than he did, then Draco would be in grave danger too.

She had to get away from the school; she had to seek guidance from the one of the two men that she could trust in her life. Pushing herself through the crowd that had gathered from the commotion she made her way to Snape’s office. He wouldn’t have stayed with Draco for too long and she knew he would retreat as far away from the situation as he could – he’d always been a coward and she didn’t trust him one bit.

She slammed through his door, to see Snape with his head in his hands. His head snapped up as she entered and he quickly scrambled to his feet. She was like royalty after all.

I need to go home for a couple of days, Severus. I need to speak with my father. She scribbled on a piece of paper and handed it over to him.

Snape bowed his head, “Of course, Adara. I will see to it that you are excused until weeks end.”

Adara exited the room, her intention was to quickly enter her room – pack the necessary clothing and leave without a word to anybody, without seeing him.

Voldemort ran his long, bony fingers through his daughter’s hair as she lay draped across him, “Now, child. You aren’t becoming weak are you?”

She shook her head against his stomach, the bathroom incident, it made me want to kill Potter with my bare hands, father. I knew that it wasn’t my place. Adara snuggled more up to her father, who gently hissed at her.

“That’s my girl.” His crude chuckle filled the air, before his voice boomed. “ENTER, BELLATRIX!”

Bellatrix stumbled into the room, her eyes glaring at the scene in front of her. How dare she be so close to her Lord! How dare she seek comfort from her master!

“Bellatrix,” Tom hissed, “you have interrupted me, for what purpose?” Her eyes darted between Voldemort’s and his hand which still combed through Adara’s hair, the witch had fallen asleep on her father.

“Yes, my Lord.” She edged closer to him, “It’s Draco. He’s finished the first part of his task. He wants us to know that he’s ready.” She whispered, a smirk playing on her evil features.

“Brilliant, brilliant!” His voice echoed around the cold room, stirring Nagini from her sleep perched on Adara’s back. “You and the others, you are ready?”

“Of course, my Lord.” She knelt before him and took his hand – only to be slapped away and pushed to the ground.

“Know your limits, Bellatrix!” He cursed.

She scrambled to her feet and bowed before skipping from the room, her singing echoing off the long corridors of Malfoy Manor, “We’re going to get you, beardy. We’re going to get you.” Her voice quietening as she turned the corner.

Tom Riddle gently shook Adara; her bright green eyes instantly look back into his, “Time to go back to school now, my princess.” Their smirks mirrored as they thought of the evening that would enfold before their very eyes.

Yes father. I wouldn’t want to miss the action. Again they smirked at each other, their expressions identical.

Soon Hogwarts would be shook to its very core, soon everybody would know of the power of Lord Voldemort. Soon, within hours, Hogwarts would cease to exist as they knew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time coming I know, but I now have inspiration to write.
Thank you to everybody who has commented/subscribed/read. Much love.

- Hannah xo