Status: Active.

Eternal Silence

Silence is a Scary Sound

The smell of the halls disgusted her, the lights flickered too much for her liking – Adara was back at Hogwarts. Students watched her carefully as she walked past them, flinching when she would jump out of the path of Draco who walked self-consciously through the castle.

Draco hadn’t noticed Adara darting past him, avoiding him. He was too preoccupied. Ever since she hadn’t told him she was leaving, ever since she left him to his own thoughts, he’d pushed her face to the back of his mind. Solely focusing on what lay ahead that evening, focusing on his task. The very thought of what could happen repulsed him, but he wouldn’t let it show. He was Draco Malfoy, unofficial head of Slytherin, death eater and perfect, model son – at least he hoped it didn’t show.

Adara looked woefully as Draco walked right past her, her eyes shining with concern. His clothes were baggier, his skin was paler and his eyes had lost the sparkle. Others noticed too. Gossip murmured through the corridor as he passed young wizards and witches speaking behind their hands, their eyes following his retreating form.

She couldn’t speak to him, not now. Not with all these people around, the thought of people hearing her voice frightened her to death – images of herself, five years old, creating daisy necklaces popped into her mind along with the screeching voice of Bellatrix Lestrange who had been an ever-present figure in her childhood.

“Dearie’s head will be chopped off and fed to the pigs,” Bellatrix tapped Adara’s head as she circled around her.

“Dearie’s head will be eaten for tea!” Adara covered her ears with her tiny hands, and scrunched her eyes closed trying to block out the older witch.
Bellatrix yanked the girl’s hands from her ears and shouted into her face, “You’re part of Daddy’s big plan, and if you open this,” she pointed to her mouth, “then precious,” she spat, “little Adara will be saying bye-byes forever!”

Adara shook her head frantically, “No, no!” She repeated over and over inside her head.

When Draco was no longer in sight, she, too, made her way to the Dining Hall – her stomach making an angry noise from the lack of food she’d had that day. She hoped to slip in to the room without anybody noticing her there, especially him, eat her food and leave again.

Adara’s eyes scanned the Great Hall in front of her; excited chatter filled the air as yet another teaching day was over. That’s when she noticed him, his light eyes staring directly into hers. A wave of emotion washed over her and a tear fell onto her translucent cheek. Draco’s face mirrored hers, except his eyes screamed betrayal as he pushed himself up from the table and stormed right past her.

The chatter in the room calmed suddenly and eyes turned towards Adara. Her breath caught in her throat, and the books she was holding fell from her hands as she turned on her heel and ran after Draco; refusing to listen to the voices in her head, telling her to leave him, telling her to let him go.

Draco knew she was following him, he knew that she wanted to speak to him. But, he wouldn’t allow it. He didn’t want to see her face right now; he didn’t want her to see right through his bravado act before tonight. He needed his head clear of her; he needed her not to exist at least for this night.

Soon enough, Adara caught him turning the corner and ran as fast as her legs could carry after his shadow. The walls around her seemed to laugh at her feeble attempt to catch up with him, but she carried on regardless.

Making sure that nobody was around, Adara shouted after him. Draco stopped dead.

Turning to face her, the anger melted from his face. He remembered the bathroom incident and how she had spoken to him. Her voice was melodic, even more beautiful than the one he heard in his head. Adara stopped three feet in front of him, unsure as to whether she could reach out and touch him.

“You left,” tears fell from his dull eyes, “ME!”

Draco pushed her towards the wall and held her against it with his body; anger washing over him as he looked into her eyes.

“I needed space, I needed time to think.” Adara was surprised at the strength she possessed in her voice, unaware that she could be so powerful.

Draco dropped his eyes and pushed away from her, sighing and rubbing his hands over his face. Adara reached out and held on to his hands, stopping him from hurting himself and placed them around her small frame. She snuggled in to his chest, and any anger Draco felt melted away at her touch.

Draco pulled away slightly and looked at the girl in his arms. Sighing and wiping a tear from her eyes he pulled her back in to his body, “Think about what?”

“Us.” Her voice muted slightly by his chest, “If my father knew I could speak to you, I don’t…” Her voice trailed off as she envisaged her father taking Draco’s life.

“My father believes that I can connect to him and only him – when the time comes he believes I will be the advantage, I will win the war. He called me his diversion,” She explained.

Draco looked down at her with pity. She hadn’t asked to have been born into this, into this war. She didn’t ask to be a pawn in a wicked man’s chess game. She was a pure soul, tainted and spoilt by evil. The very thing he had become; evil.

Draco pushed her away from him and backed away, sliding down the opposite wall, “I’m no good for you; you made the right decision when you left.”

Adara knelt in front of the broken boy, placing her hands affectionately on his knees, “Look at me.”

Draco lifted his eyes to hers, “When I left, I was scared. You had been hurt, possibly killed for all I knew. I was scared I was in too deep – that I was murdering you myself if I carried us on. But, that’s the thing, I trust you, Draco. I know in my heart you wouldn’t let him know of us.”

The sparkle in Draco’s eyes returned when he looked at the woman he loved, pulling her into his arms allowing his tears to fall freely.

I love you sounded in their heads causing their laughter to echo of the ancient walls.

“Jinx,” Draco laughed and wiped her tears that had fallen on to her cheeks, “I fixed it, you know.”

“I know” She smirked, “You clever boy.”

The weather outside chilled suddenly, wind began to howl and rain battered down on the roof. It’s as if the universe knew what was in store for the castle, the lifestyle of Hogwarts and it’s heartbeat: the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Much love for the recs, subscribing and reading.
Let me know what you think (:

- Hannnnnnnnahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh