Status: Active and more regular updates with comments =D

My Arranged Marriage to Alex Gaskarth

Chapter One

Eden Tamara Larose looked up at the boards where the flights were listed; she was currently at Charles de Gaule the airport in Paris; Paris had been her home for the last four years, she had moved here straight after she graduated from high school and came to study French patisserie but now that she was a fully qualified French pastry chef, she fully intended to return to Baltimore Maryland and open her perfect rustic French Cafe.
“Le vol pour Baltimore, Maryland, partira en deux heures. Les passagers pour le vol de 90 567 s'il vous plaît aller aux terminal cinq”(the flight for Baltimore, Maryland, will leave in two hours. Passengers for the flight 90567 please go to terminal five) the flight attendants voice broke through on the P.A; Eden grabbed her luggage and headed towards the terminal.

Baltimore, Maryland once her home seemed so far away right now, not having been home for so long it felt strange, especially now that she would have to speak English non- stop again. Eden felt as smile lift her lips, she would see her mother again she had missed her mother so much it was awful really they had always been so close. Eden got to terminal 5 and handed her ticket.
“J'espère que vous avez un bon vol à bord d'Air France”(I hope you have a nice flight aboard air France) The pretty French air hostess said,
“Merci beaucoup Madame”(Thank you very much ma’am) Eden smiled and went through the tunnel leading to the airplane; she only had her handbag in her hand as her luggage was already in the luggage hold. Eden tossed her natural red hair away from her face, her hair was her favourite feature it was a startling red like it wasn’t orange which is more commonly seen, no it was almost scarlet, which complimented her brown eyes and tan skin, now by this description you’d probably think that she was stunning which actually wasn’t really true she was rather...plain to be honest she definitely wasn’t a beauty.

Eden found her seat and started getting the twinkle of excitement buzz through her, she sighed contently. She wondered how her mother was getting along, they weren’t rich...at all and last year her father was diagnosed with cancer again... They had been adamant for her not to return and finish her studies. Eden had begrudgingly obeyed, sadness pierce deeply through her heart at the concept of her father’s illness. The first time her father had been diagnosed with cancer, she had been about two years old which was now 20 years ago and though they had less than a cent somehow they had gotten the money for the treatments. They never did tell her how...Eden fiddled with her necklace which actually held a ring; she had been given that ring for as long as she could remember, oddly enough it looked like an engagement ring. Eden sighed, she couldn’t lose her father he had been her rock of strength, when she had been teased at school he was always home to hug her and when she fell down he was there to pick her up. When bullies...well Alex a boy who had made her life rather miserable in high school made fun of her, her father was always there to treat her to ice cream. Little things yet so meaningful, a tear escaped her eyes. That didn’t matter she was going home and he will get better she knew it, he had to...he just had to.

“Bonjour” an attractive man said he had black hair and blue eyes.
“comment t’allez-vous?”(How are you?) she replied with a smile.
“I’m sorry I don’t speak much French...” he laughed and Eden grinned and nodded,
“That’s okay I speak perfect English” she said and he dramatically blew out a sigh of relief.
“I’m Landon Mc Knight” He beamed, looking very handsome in his seemingly expensive suit.
“Eden Larose” she smile and held out a hand which he shook.
“So are you travelling home?” He asked in a friendly manner,
“Yup after four years” Eden nodded and laughed at his surprised look.
“So you’ve been living in France?” he asked incredulously.
“Yea well, studying actually”
“What have you been studying?”
“Well let’s just say I’m a qualified French pastry chef”
“Oh wow that’s great!” he said admiration sparkling in his baby blue eyes.
“What do you do for living?” Eden asked politely,
“I’m into the music business...” he said somewhat sheepishly.
“Impressive” she smiled and he laughed, Eden and Landon talk for most of the flight and slept for the rest, when they landed Landon surprised her by asking her number which she gave and both left to their separate ways.

Eden hailed a Cab, “18 Waltham Court Lutherville, please.” She said smiling, after a bit she saw her parent’s small and modest house come into view.
“Thank you, keep the change” she smiled at the Cab driver and he got out and helped her with her luggage.
Eden opened the door of her house which was hardly ever locked; the first thing she heard was girlish laughter.
“Momma I’m home!”
“Eden, oh sweetheart!” Her mother rushed and almost tackled her in a hug.
“Nice to see you too momma” Eden laughed.
“Look how beautiful you’ve become!” her mother beamed with pride, Eden rolled her eyes, liar!
“How’s daddy?” She asked not wanting to go into a debate with her mum to the fact that she wasn’t pretty.
“He’s resting right now honey, he’ll be up in a bit but come on i have something to tell you and someone wants to meet you!” Lauren Larose said (Eden’s mother) Eden began to fiddle once again with the ring that hung on her necklace, her mother saw and a strange smirk lifted her mother’s lips.
As Eden entered the sitting room, a woman sat there looking through thick wedding magazines, Eden felt her eyebrow raise in surprise, was this woman getting married?
“Isobel this is my daughter Eden” Lauren said and Isobel gave her one of the warmest smile Eden had ever received.
“Oh my you’re so lovely, your hair is remarkable” Isobel said and Eden blushed, liar she thought.
“Thank you, Mrs...?” Eden replied sheepishly then looked around everywhere was covered with marriage magazines and samplers.
“Gaskarth honey” Isobel replied and Eden felt like she recognised that name, from high school perhaps...?
“So when’s the wedding?” Eden grinned taking in the wedding samples.
“3 days” both replied grinning at Eden, the look made a flop in her stomach.
“Who’s getting married then? Are you?” Eden nodded towards Isobel, who shook her head and gave her a playful look.
“You are!” Both yelled happily and Eden felt her eyes widen when they both stared at the ring she wore around her neck.
“You’re not serious are you? Is this some Joke?”
“Nope not a joke and it’s serious, it’s been serious since you were two years old honey” Her mother said,
“Are you both mad!? I’m not getting married!”
♠ ♠ ♠
BONJOUR!!
haha ahh i love writing in french sighs it's been a while <3
so new story for ya,
what did you think?! feel free to comment ;)

<3 Marie!