Status: This is a work in progress we shall try to post around once a week, if not we apologize in advance.

Mute Friendship

~A Year Later~

Oh my god, I'll never get used to this school... I thought, looking at my class schedule, which was making me run from one end of the school to the other after every period. That's it, I need to ask for help.
"Excuse me? Can you tell me how to get to, whatever hall this is in?" I asked a random person to my right, pointing to my schedule.
"What??" a tall blonde girl asked back with a little laugh.
"I, I'm new here, and I have no clue how to get anywhere around this school-"
"Why are you talking like that?" her brunette friend laughed.
"I-I have an accent," I said, starting to stutter.
"From where? You sound like a leprichaun!" another girl giggled. Oh my god, these girls are so stupid. I thought.
"...From Ireland?" I asked as if it was obvious, because it kind of was.
"You're Irish?!" the three girls had said together.
"You know what? You've helped me out enough, and I don't want to be anymore of a bother than I already am, so, I'm gonna be on my way. Thanks a ton." I said with a sarcastic grin and a small wave as I turned away.
"Ha ha wow, what a freak."
"I know, I couldn't even understand her,"
"If only she had red hair, then she would really be a leprichaun!" this is what I've been hearing since the start of the day, and the comments areonly getting more mean and nasty. I just kept my head low, and ducked and weaved out of people's way. I finally found my way to my chemistry room – because I had stopped by the nearest classroom and asked a teacher. The warning bell had just rung and I still had a long way to go to make it to my chem class in two minutes. I ran down the hall, following the directions the teacher had given me, and turning where I needed to. The bell had rung just as I stepped through the doorway, and I sighed in relief.
"That was close," the teacher chuckled.
"Thanks," I chuckled back, looking for a place to sit.
"Lose track of time while talking with friends?" he asked friendly, and I made my way to the last open seat; all the way in the back of the room.
"No actually, I was completely lost. I was over in the english hall." I said sitting down, half of the class looking at me. I knew this would happen once I began to talk more.
"That's a very thick accent you have, where are you from?"
"Ireland." I said with an embarrassed chuckle, now everyone in class was looking at me.
"Interesting." he mused.
"Thanks." I said sinking in to my seat a bit, wishing he'd shut up. Thankfully he did, and began to take roll. And luckily I was towards the end of the alphabet, so I wouldn't have to talk for a bit. I noticed the girl sitting next to me seemed to be a bit quiet while everyone else chatted, I decided to strike up a conversation with her.
"Hello." I smiled. She turned and gave me a faint smile back, before turning back to her ipod.
"I'm Alexis," I said offering a hand. She gave an awkward smile and shook my hand lightly.
"What's your name?" I asked. She bit her lip before getting out a notebook, wrote something down real quick then handed it to me.
'Hi, I'm Eva' was scribbled across the top of the page.
'Hi Eva, I'm guessing you don't talk much, do you? Excuse my horrible handwriting by the way... it's never been very legiable...' I scribbled back before handing the sliding the paper back to her over the tabeltop.
"Alexis Smith?" I heard from the front of the room.
"Here," I said raising my hand a bit.
"Alrighty, and Eva Sullivan?" he asked and Eva raised her hand. He nodded and went through the rest of the list. When he was done, he clapped his hands and looked out at the class.
"Okay everyone, since it's just the first day, I'm gonna go easy on ya okay? Alright, I'm just gonna hand out these worksheets, that you can find the answers to in the textbooks in the back, that you'll be assigned to in a minute, but first; I think we need to play a couple icebreaker games, what do you guys think?" half the class cheered, - most likely the popular people – and the other half groaned, Eva and I being part of those who groaned.
"What, you don't wanna meet new people? I know this seems a bit elementary, but hey! Once you become an adult and start attending business meetings or teacher workshops, you'll be wishing you could play some of these icebreaker games." but everyone just groaned again.
"Alright fine, no games, let's just get your books assigned to you and you can get started on the book work. Also, the person you're sitting next to right now will be your lab partner for the rest of the year, unless I need to make any changes," he said eyeing a couple of the chatty popular girls.
"So when you go get your books, come up here so I can record what number you have, grab your worksheets, then fill out the paper right next to this pile with your name and the person sitting next to you?" he asked, holding up the single sheet of paper, and everyone began to murmur.
"Okay then, let's get started!" he said and there was a scramble to the the best textbook, because a good portion of them were in a pretty shitty condition. Luckily, since Eva and I were right in front of them, I leaned back and grabbed two from the top, that were in almost perfect condition.
"Ha ha!" I said as I handed her one of them and she just chuckled.
"Well, let's go give him our numbers, get our papers, then get to work!" I said and Eva just nodded as we got up and went to the front of the room. We put our books down for our teacher to take our numbers, and Eva got the worksheets as I scrawled our names across the top of the paper next to the thick pile.
"Thank you ladies, now go have fun." he said and I just laughed.
"We'll try." I said and the teacher laughed too, as Eva and I walked back to our seats. I forgot to read what she had written back to me earlier, so that's the first thing I did when I sat down, and she started her bookwork.
'Yeah, I don't talk at all very much... and don't worry, your handwriting isn't that bad xD'
'Haha thanks, but I see...Well, if you ever want someone to talk t– well, write, to; I'm always here.' I scribbled down and slid her the note back, and started to go through my worksheet really quickly. It was actually pretty easy. I felt a tap on my hand. I reached over and took the note from Eva.
'Why are you being so nice to me though? We barely know each other...'
'Well, for one we're gonna be lab partners all year, so we might as well get used to each other, two you seem like a really cool person, and it wouldn't hurt to have a friend right? I haven't met one person who was nice to me at all today, nor have I gotten away with asking someone a question without them making fun of me for my accent, or my piercings. And three? You filled in that chart completely wrong, haha.'
'Hmmm... that's rough. But okay, I'll be your friend(:'
'Thanks(: but really, do you want some help with that chart? Because your answeres don't match mine at all...'
'PLEASE!'
"Okay okay, calm down," I chuckled as she scribbled everything in caps so fast she didn't even have to pass the note back to me. So for the rest of the class, I helped her fill out the worksheets, and wrote back and forth in her notebook.
"Well, the bell's gonna ring soon, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna see you again after this, so can I have your number?" I asked holding out my phone. She nodded, taking my phone and typing in her number.
"Thanks. Well, I'll text you later, and I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Eva." I smiled as I gave her a small wave, her doing the same back to me, and I left my chemistry class to go to history while Eva went to whatever class she had next.
♠ ♠ ♠
New author what do you guys think? Sorry the update is so late we've been swamped for time, we should update next friday as usual though. Oh! As always we will update earlier if we get a comment! Just letting you guys know the story isn't coming up in the story search so search the username of one of the authors to find it again.