Status: This is a work in progress we shall try to post around once a week, if not we apologize in advance.

Mute Friendship

Chapter Eight

I groaned as I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock, shutting it off instead of hitting snooze; because I know I probably wouldn't wake up the second time.
"Come on Alexis, it's the second day of school!" my mom said cheerily as she appeared in my doorway, holding my baby sister Abbigaile., on her hip.
"Noooo," I groaned again, turning away from her. I heard my mom sigh and i thought she walked away, but i soon felt extra weight on my bed, and then I was being crawled on.
"Lexi?" Abbie whispered as she came to lay in front of me.
"Hi Abbie," I smiled lazily at her. She was always so sensitive if you weren't looking at her.
"Up!" she said pulling the blanket away from me.
"Okay, but just for you Abbie." I laughed and she grinned.
"My job here is done," my mom laughed, picking up my sister.
"Well hurry up and get dressed and do whatever else you have to do while I get Michael up, then meet downstairs for breakfast."
"Uh-huh," I mumbled as I walked to my closet. I picked out random clothes, threw them on, and put in my usual piercings. But I wore pearls today instead of my usual Superman earrings. I walked out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom I share with my eight year old brother, to brush my teeth and hair. I flicked on the light and gave myself a once over in the full length mirror on the back of the door, nodding in approval at my Simple Plan shirt, red pants and black high tops. I did what I had to do, then ran back to my room to grab a jacket, my phone and ipod. I stuffed my jacket into my bookbag, and shoved my phone and ipod in my pockets, shut off my light and sprinted to the steps.
"DAD!" I hollered.
"YEAH?!" he hollered back, walking to the steps.
"CATCH!" I threw my bookbag down to him and slid down the slightly twisted railing, my feet touching the floor seconds before my dad caught my bookbag.
"You're getting faster... keep it up and you'll be ready for the Olympics." he chuckled.
"Yeah, I wish." I sighed and laughed a bit with my dad as he kissed the top of my head and pushed me towards the kitchen.
"Good morning Sweetie."
"Morning Dad. Ello Mikey," I said ruffling my brother's hair as I walked past him.
"Morning." he said grumpily.
"Where are your glasses Honey?" my mom asked, setting my plate down in front of me; and at the same time, my dad and I reached up to touch our faces, my dad sighing in relief, and I let out a frustrated grunt, starting to get up again.
"Don't worry, you eat, I'll get them." my mom said turning off the stovetop, and handed my dad Abbie's bowl of food.
"ALEXIS SABLE SMITH, THIS ROOM IS A DISASTER! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIND YOUR GLASSES IN HERE?!" my mother bellowed from upstairs, causing me, my dad, and my brother to laugh. Even Abbie gave out a little giggle.
"They should be on my night table or my dresser Mom! If they're not there they might still be in the bathroom!" I called back, laughing again when my mom let out a frustrated sigh, and I guess continued to search for my glasses. I was halfway through my eggs, bacon and toast when I glanced at the clock, and realized I was going to miss my bus if I didn't leave now.
"Oh my God, I gotta go!!" i choked down my OJ, grabbed my bag from an empty chair and ran, hollering behind me as I fled.
"BYE MOM! BYE DAD! BYE MIKEY AND ABBIE!"
"Wait, Alexis! Come get your glasses!" my mom called reaching the bottom of the staircase as I zoomed past her.
"CAN'T MOM, GOTTA GO. LOVE YOU GUYS, SEE YOU LATER!"
"Alexis!"
"Jeanne, she'll be fine. It's just one day..." I heard my dad say as I jumped the front steps, and dashed down the street to my bus stop, getting there just as the bus came to a stop.
"Oh thank God!" I gasped as I doubled over leaning on my knees, as I started breathing like a fish on land for the first time.
"Are you okay??" I looked up to see a girl with brown hair, looking at me worriedly.
"Yeah – I'm – fine." I wheezed.
"Do you want some water?"
"If you don't mind, than you." there was a water bottle under my nose almost immediately. I took it, twisted off the cap, and drank half of it right there, trying my best not to touch the bottle to my lips; not knowing if this girl was a germaphobe or not.
"Thank you – so much, do you mind if I keep this?" I asked.
"Go for it, I have another one." I nodded and started to open my bookbag and stuffed the water bottle right next to my jacket.
"Thank you again-" I looked back expecting to see the girl I was chatting with to have brown hair like she had the moment before, but her hair was different. She looked exactly the same, but her hair was blonde now.
"Didn't you just have brown hair a minute ago? Or am I that delusional I'm seeing you with blonde hair?" i asked and she just laughed.
"I get that all the time, but no, you're not delusional. You were talking to my sister Michelle earlier, - we're twins – but she went to tell the bus driver to wait because you needed to catch your breath, other wise you would've passed out. It's lucky we're the last stop though huh?"
"Oh okay, that actually explains a lot... but ha yeah, very lucky we're the last stop... Geez, your sister was pretty spot on huh?" I asked somewhat rhetorically, as I held my head, and Valary's sister laughed again.
"I'm sorry, what's your name? I'm Alexis. But Lexi will do too," I asked, holding my hand out as we walked to the doors of the bus.
"I'm Valary." she smiled, taking my hand, then we walked up the steps.
"Hey; she's breathing normally! I hope you're feeling better." Michelle said when she saw me and I laughed, a little bit embarrassed.
"Yeah, I am better now. Thank you. I'm Alexis by the way, but I prefer Lexi." I held my hand out as the bus began to move.
"Michelle. But I'm guessing my sister already told you that," she smiled and i just laughed a bit as Valary nodded with a grin.
"Yeah, she did. Well, thanks again, both of you... I hope I'll see you around school," I said with a small nod and started to make my way to the back; but Valary kept her hand on my arm.
"Whare are you going? Sit with us! There's an empty seat right here." she said politely, motioning to the vacant row in front of Michelle.
"Okay." i said with a weak grin, and sat down and turned to face them so I could talk with them during the ride.
"I love your accent by the way, are you from Ireland?" Michelle asked as her sister sat next to her.
"Yes I am actually, and you're the first person to guess it right! But thank you... you're not gonna make fun of me now are you?" I asked reluctantly.
"What?! No! What would I make fun of you for??" she asked, just staring at me.
"I don't know, it's just that's what everyone's been doing since I moved here – well, since school sarted."
"But yesterday was only the first day of school, how many people could've made fun of you??" Michelle asked.
"A lot of people actually."
"When did you move here?" Valary asked, I think trying to change the subject.
"Over the summer."
"Oh okay." her and Michelle said simutaneously.
"Yep."
"Well don't worry Lexi, people are just being rude and ignorant. Things will blow over in no time." Valary said with a nod.
"And hey; you never know, people may just get used to it over time." Michelle added.
"True." I said with a small nod. After that, we just had a huge conversation on a bunch of random topics, and all too soon, the school had come into view as we coasted up the driveway.
This was actually really fun, the most fun I've had since yesterday. Now i have something to look forward to when I get to the bus stop, you guys! Oh wait, I did make a friend in my chemistry class, so that's good too!" I said and Valary and Michelle laughed a bit.
"Well I guess this is it; we have a lot of different classes don't we?" Michelle asked and I shrugged.
"Since it's only the second school day and everyone is still getting their classes moved around, you never know, you could see me later on today." I said with a cheeky grin as I held onto the strap of my bag.
"Gosh, I can't get over your accent... It fits you so well." Valary said and I just laughed.
"You're probably the only one besides my Mom to say that, but thank you. Well; i really need to get going; my homeroom's on the other side of the school," I joked as I hugged them.
"Look for us at lunch okay?" Michelle asked as we separated.
"Of course, I don't want to sit alone again, that was horrible!" I said and we laughed again, and I waved a bit as I turned around. I didn't make it that far before I ran into someone. I was thinking this was karma's way of telling me I should've taken my glasses from my mother this moring; but I found out it wasn't my fault as we both fell to the floor, because I heard people running towards us; yelling at the person I collided with.
"JOHNNY, YOU FUCKING IDIOT! YOU KNOCKED SOMEONE OVER!"
"I wouldn't have if I wasn't running from you guys!" the boy in front of me said holding onto his head, as I held onto mine.
"DUDE, YOU KNOCKED OVER A GIRL!" another voice shouted.
"I think it's my fault; I left in a hurry this morning without my glasses, and it was a horrible desicion; cause my vision is shitty enough, so having to strain to see today won't help it any." I said, mainly so 'Johnny's' friends would stop yelling.
"No, it's my fault, I was running away from these people I call my friends, and I wasn't paying attention. Here, let me help you up - ?"
"Lexi." I said, taking his hand which was extended towards me.
"Thanks. It's Johnny right?" I asked as I started to get my bag but i was stopped.
"Yeah, it's Johnny. And you're welcome." he said handing me my bookbag.
"Well, it was nice meeting you, and it was nice meeting you guys too; even though I don't know your names, but hopefully I'll see you around." I smiled, and walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! The other author too!! Hope you enjoyed it! That you so much for all your comments and feedback we love it! Note: Odds are we aren't going to be able to post again until friday or saturday because we've posted like three chapters this week!>_< So sorry!!