Chosen

I'm Your Guardian

When the bell rang the call poured out the door. I sat in my seat a couple of seconds before I got up and walked out the door. I had given Nickie a note that told her to meet me behind the school. Today had been the first day that I had seen her face being covered with blood, dirt, and sweat. She had emerald green eyes and dark brown hair. She had been wearing a plain white shirt with skinny jeans and sneakers. She was beaut- No I would not allow myself to think like that.

I shook my head and continued to walk down the hall. Suddenly a girl came up to me and blocked my way. She had platinum blond hair that was perfectly straight and was a a little over her shoulders. She was wearing a shirt that showed her belly and a miniskirt. Overall she looked very sexy.

"Hi," she said flipping her hair.

"Hey."

"My name is Kiley. Don't even bother to introduce your self because I already know who you are. Wanna go on a date?" Kiley asked. I looked at her.

"Sorry, but I'm busy tonight," I told her politely. Her face twisted into a mask of surprise.

"Are you turning me down?" she yelled. From the look on her face I could tell that she was pissed and not used to having boys turn her down.

"Yep," I said and then stepped around her and continued walking. When I stepped put outside I looked around. I couldn't see Nickie which told me that she had probably gone to the place where we were going to meet. I turned around and went behind the school.

When I was out of sight I began to jog. I entered the woods and headed up the trail. When I neared the clearing where we were going to meet I slowed down. Something rustled up ahead. I peered through the bushes to find a tiger in the clearing.

I could tell that the tiger was Nickie in one of her shifted forms. She was practicing a hunting crouch. I watched as she crept forward. The her whole body tensed. Nickie left forward and landed onto the leaf.

"Well done," I said stepping out of the bushes. Nickie whirled around to face me and growled. Oh great, she was going to pretend to be some tiger who ran away from the zoo. I looked around and found her bag. I picked it up and started to unzip it. I felt something slam into me. I dropped the bag and found Nickie standing there clutching. She was giving me the evil eye and standing in a protective looking stance.

"Don't ever try to look into my bag again," she snapped at me. I put my hands up.

"It was the only way to get you to change back," I told her. Nickie eyes widened with fear.

"How do you know what I am?" she asked. Then she added in a tiny voice,"Are you here to kill me?" I laughed.

"Why would I have saved you if I wanted to kill you?" Nickie relaxed a little.

"So you did save me?" I nodded.

"Why didn't you kill me?"

"Because I decided to save you so now I'm your guardian," I told her. Nickie blinked.

"Like a guardian angel?"

"More like a guardian werewolf," I joked. Nickie dropped her bag and walked over to me.

"You're a werewolf?" I nodded.

"Is that why your eyes are different colors?" Nickie asked. I shook my head. I didn't like talking about my eyes.

"They look cool," she said smiling. I grinned.

"Why are you my guardian?"

"Because I saved you. Once a werewolf saves someone they become their guardian," I said,"And because all paranormals will be trying to kill you."

"Oh, like those vampires," she asked. I nodded.

"And a way I'm going to protect you is by teaching you how to fight?" I told her. Nickie just stared at me.