Possession

1/1

“Your soul is so beautiful.”

They were coming to take us away. They knew just what had been accomplished in our eyes, in our hopes, and in our lives. We conquered the world, it’s all within our grasp and we have to do is close our hands around the throats of the stars, the moons, and the planets. The world is ours, we did it.

You stood before me, I know that, and I couldn’t bring myself to break my gaze from yours. Your hands were clasped in mine, and no matter how much I tried to tell you that the world was ours, we needed to grab it while we had the chance, you wouldn’t let go. I still remember the words you whispered, and how they touched my heart, but my mind was still focused on the objects at hand.

I broke the hold, I had to, I had to claim the world. It was ours, mine, yours, I couldn’t let another thing slip through my fingers, I couldn’t let it slip through yours. But when your hands left mine, I remember nothing but blackness. It surrounded me, there was no colors anymore, there was no stars, there was no moons, and there was no planets anywhere around me. Your voice faded, their voices faded, and I couldn’t hear myself anymore.

They were coming to take us away. They’re coming. They’re here.