Status: new

Is It Love At First Sight

Ashley's College Graduation and After party

John's POV

Today is one of the biggest days of Ashley's life because she graduates from the University of Maryland today. I let her spend the day at her parents house in Baltimore today, and I told her parents that I would meet them at the college Court yard since that's where the commencement is being held. When I got to the school's court yard I was immediately met by her family and the commencement started shortly after we found a place to sit. Once we heard Ashley's name called we all started clapping as we did for the other graduates. Soon enough Ashley and her graduating class did the traditional graduation celebration and the commencement was over, but what Ashley didn't know is that I was there.

After the Commencement

Shortly after the commencement Ashley found her family. During the conversation that Ashley was having with her family her mom says "Ashley we have a surprise for you." and she replied "OK." Her family told her to close her eyes as they lead her to the parking lot where I was. Once they got to where I was her dad said "On the count of 3 you can open your eyes. 1,2,3!" As soon as she opened her eyes and saw me standing in front of her she said "John!"

After Party

Ashley and I rode back to our house together for the After party that we were having at our house tonight. During the party Ashley was talking to one of her High school friends so I took that time to ask her parents if I would have their blessing to ask Ashley to marry me. "Carolyn, Drew, Can I ask you a question?" I said and Carolyn replied "Sure John Go ahead." I said "Well you two know that Ashley and I have been dating for almost 7 months right?" and her dad replied "yeah why?" I said "I want you guys to know that I love Ashley more than anything in the world and there's nothing that I want from this world more than to spend the rest of my life with her." and Carolyn replied "What are you saying John?" I answered her mom's question by saying "I'm asking you for your blessing to ask Ashley to marry me." Her dad said "Well John, you've had our blessing since the day you came home with Ashley for Christmas. So yes, you have our blessing." and I replied "Really? Thank you so much!" Her mom said "You're welcome John, and welcome to the family." and I replied "thank you."

Ashley and I just talked for the rest of the night. She even introduced me to some of her friends from High school that were at the party. Her friends were all really nice and had nothing but good things to say about Ashley.