Status: new

Is It Love At First Sight

One Month later- Stanley Cup Finals

Ashley's POV

Today is June 13, 2012 and it has been exactly one month since I graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Sports Communication. Not only is today the one month anniversary of me graduating College but it's also the day of game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm so proud of John and his teammates for all the success they had this year. John is really nervous today and I can't say that I blame him. who wouldn't be nervous when when they're so close to winning the Stanley Cup or watching their favorite team win the Stanley Cup. I really wish that I was able to go to the game today to support John, but he left before I got back from my vacation yesterday. At least I got to text him so I could wish him luck and say bye.

Before the game

I am so glad that my brother, my sister, my best friend Alison, and my former roommate/other best friend Kira all came over to my house to watch game 7 with me. My brother asked "So Ashley are you nervous?" and I replied "Oh yeah!" We all gathered in the living room to watch the biggest game of the long NHL season between the San Jose Sharks and our Washington Capitals.

Game Time

The game started and the nerves have really started to kick in, and I could feel it. Everyone in the house right now is nervous and sitting on the edge of their seat, especially me. Ten minutes late some of those nerves were drained when my sister said "GOAL!" and we all started screaming. I said "who scored?" and my sister replied "#27 Karl Alzner." Ten minutes after Alzner's goal the first period was over with the Capitals leading 1-0. The Capitals were now two periods away from winning the Stanley Cup.

When the second period started we were all silent again because the nerves were coming back. Then with fifteen minutes gone and five minutes left in the second period more of those nerves were drained when my brother said "GOAL!" and we all started screaming because our Capitals now had a 2-0 lead. I asked my brother "Who Scored?" and he replied "What number is John?" I answered my brother's question by saying "74." and my brother replied "OK never mind. Backstrom scored!" Five minutes later the second period was over, and not only did the caps have a 2-0 lead, but they were now 20 minutes away from winning the Stanley Cup.

When the third period started all of us were on the edge of our seats because the entire Capitals' season came down to the next 20 minutes. This was because these were the last 20 minutes of the season unless San Jose would score 2 goals. Then with 2 minutes left in the game almost all the nerves were drained when Kira said "GOAL!" and we all started screaming because the caps were now up 3-0 with less then 2 minutes left in the third period. Austin asked "who scored?" and my sister replied "whoever #74 is." I said to my sister "#74, That's John!" Shortly after John Scored, the game was down to the final ten seconds and we all said "10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" We also decided to do our best impression of the Caps radio Play-By-Play Announcer John Walton by saying "GOOD MORNING! GOOD AFTERNOON! AND GOOD NIGHT SAN JOSE! THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS ARE THE 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!" We swear those last 2 minutes were an eternity but it was worth it because THE CAPITALS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
♠ ♠ ♠
I noticed that it has been a while since I've updated so I decided to update today. Sorry for the long wait. A lot has happened in my life lately. School started at the end of August, as did my Wednesday night Youth Group. I've also had family issues going on.

Now I know the caps weren't in the Stanley Cup finals this year and neither were the Sharks but I originally wrote this chapter in school last year before the second semester started in January. So obviously the NHL's Regular season was still going on.