Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Logan

I had followed Shane to the field, watching him fall to the ground and stare up. I walked up to him slowly and looked down at him before falling to my knees and stroking his hair. "The world will never be accepting Shane. The only thing we can do is hold our head up high and push through," I whispered as I stared into his tear filled eyes. "I've loved you from the start Shane, but Im not going to force you to be with me, even though we both know its where you belong."

I choked before I leaned down and gave him one last kiss. I stood up, causing him to sit up and stare at me. "I understand your fear of upsetting your parents, I'm returning home to tell my aunt about me being gay, but I dont care," I spoke, moving away from his outreached hand "Because unlike you, Shane, I'm not afraid to face what comes to me. Because I'm not afraid to love you deeply and passionately," I said. I turned and walked off the field.

Time Elapse

I returned home that evening, dropping my bag when I reached my room and packed my things, knowing full well my aunt would kick me out. I heard her call my name so I walked down with my bag. "Where are you going?" she asked, glaring at me. I downed my water before looking at her.

"I'm staying at Smith's for a while. I just wanted you to know I'm proudly gay and Shane ... yeah I'm in love with him," I said before I walked out, listening to her yell and curse me. I hopped into my car, a grin on my face before leaving. I was extreamly proud of what I just did. Coming out like that wasn't as frightening as I thought it would be.

After a while, I pulled into Smith's drive way and walked in. "Logan? What are you doing here?" Roger asked as I sat down on the couch between him and Smith, grabbing the remote with a smirk. "I told my aunt I'm gay and in love with Shane," I said causally. Smith and Roger gasped before they laughed and cheered me on, patting my back. As I watched TV, I only hoped Shane would do the same.