Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

I told Logan everything, needing him to know. I saw his eyes brighten as I spoke, making me smile on the inside. I adored his face when he lit up like he was at the moment. "It took me a long while after you left for me to come to my senses. I had always kept a part of myself hidden from everyone -- even me. I didn't want to disappoint my parents, especially since I am -- was -- their perfect son."

I brought my knees to my chest, resting my head on top of them. I looked at the floor, lost in my thoughts. I could feel Logan's eyes on me, but I didn't dare look at him. I can't bear to look at him, knowing that he could easily shun me away for any reason. Before I realized what I was doing, I looked at him and motioned him to come closer.

"I'm .. a little embarrassed," he whispered, looking anywhere but me. "I'm still kind of freaked out over the whole party incident." I chuckled, causing him to look at me with a glare.

"Look, if we pursue this whole -- relationship -- we just might actually see each other in something less than boxers," I said, a smile warming my face. My accent seemed to come with ease as I spoke. I no longer hid it from everyone and use it only to impress someone. It was a part of me I regret ever hiding.

Seeing that I wasn't going to get Logan to move an inch, I stood up gracefully and walked over to where he was at. Sitting down beside him, I leaned into kiss him, but stopped. Pulling away, I stood up and headed for the window, looking up at the star-filled sky. "Shane? What's wrong?" he asked, shifting himself to look at me.

"Everything feels so weird now. I mean, when this all started, it was easy, knowing that the other person truly loved you," I said, my voice a bit distant. "I know you care. I know I care. Thing is, I'm scared of what might become of us."

"Shane, I don't understand," Logan whispered, pulling the covers off of himself and letting them fall wherever they landed.

"We both came from super religious families, both have things that we absolutely adore," I started, watching the stars twinkle. "But neither of us really know each other. You know I am pretty much depending on my music to guide me somewhere. You got your sports. We're completely different people, Logan."

"What is it that you want?" he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked down at him, his brown eyes curious. I lifted a hand and traced his brow, my eyes showing nothing but kindness.

"I want to start off slow. Nothing more than two people getting to know each other more. If things work out later on down the road, at least we'll know if we're made to be," I said, wishing him a good night as I walked out of the room, closed the door behind me and headed downstairs.