Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Logan

I stared at the door, sadness filling my eyes as I fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. I wrapped the blanket around me, feeling lonley and scared before I slid out of the bed and wandered downstairs where I could see Shane on the couch. "Shane..." I whispered, causing him to look at me. "Will you please .. just sleep in the bed with me?" I asked, looking down at my blanket-covered feet. "I just ... I don't feel..." I started, but I couldn't seem to find the words to finish it. My body was filling with shame that I needed him with me to feel safe.

Shane seemed to understand what I was meaning and nodded. He stood up and came over to the stairs, following me back to the room. I laid in the bed, unwrapping myself from a majority of the blanket so he would have something to cover up with. He climbed in once I was settled in and turned to face me. The heat of him surrounding me, making it more confortable. I felt safe. Closing my eyes I fell asleep, my body melting into his during the night.

Time Elapse

I heard movement beside me, and opened my eyes to meet a pair of ocean-blue eyes. "Logan ... come on, there's breakfast downstairs," I heard Shane whisper. I mumbled and pulled the blanket over my shoulders before I yawned and slipped out of bed. I grabbed a clean set of clothes and changed into them before following him into the kitchen. As I started eating, my mind wandered.

It seemed to be wandering aimlessly, although it always seemed to find it's way to thinking about Shane. I looked up and watched him silently, his face saying he was deep in thought about something. I sighed before I went back to eating.

After eating my fill, I grabbed my book back and left after Shane. As I drove, I thought about Shane and I ... where everything will take us. I was almost to the school when I heard a horn honking --a large truck driving full speed down the road was heading my way. Just as I hit the gas petal, it was too late. A scream fill the air around me as my car flipped before everything went black.