Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Logan

I didnt know where I was at or what was going on but I felt so peaceful. I gazed around what seemed to be a white room "Hello?" I called as I turned around, searching for some sign of what was going on.

"Hello sweetie," I heard a woman's voice say behind me. I froze completely.

"M-Mom?" I whispered and slowly turned around, my eyes widening even more when I saw not just my mother, but my father as well.

"Come here, darling," my mother spoke, her honey eyes shining at me as she held out her arms. I felt the tears stream down my face as I ran to them, their arms wrapping me in a hug -- the tightest I've ever had.

After a bit they pulled away and my father spoke up, his chocolate eyes very much like mine. "Your not dead, so dont worry," he chuckled, causing me to sigh in relief.

Time Elaspe

My parents and I talked for what seemed liked hours, but was really days. My mother and father were fully accepting of me and Shane, my father proud of the fact I went into sports like him. My mother was singing when she stopped and smiled at me. "It's time for you to go home, sweetie. I'm sure Shane is waiting for you," she said and kissed me, as did my father before they suddenly pushed me back and I fell through the floor.


Eight Months Later

I opened my eyes and gazed around until I started choking, a doctor running in. "Easy! Easy there, Logan. I want you to cough as I pull the tube out," he said. Once he started pulling, I coughed, my throat uncomfortably dry as a nurse handed me water. "S-Shane ... w-where's S-Shane?" I choked, trying to sit up.

I heard a door burst open then Shane appearing in front of me, looking worse then I felt "S-Shane," I whispered, feeling relieved that he was here with me. I tried to lift up my arms, but they were to weak. Shane seemed to know what I wanted and hurried over, his arms wrapping me in a hug as the tears fell down my face. "I saw them ... I saw my parents," I cried, a smile on my face. "They accept me for being gay, they know how much I love you." I smiled, my eyes shining as Shane wipped my tears away.

"I'm glad you got to see them. It's great that they accept you," he whispered, brushing hair from my eyes. I could see the pain in his eyes, the fact my parents accepted me, but his parents wouldn't accept him.

I noticed his hair was just below his chin, and stubble was along his jaw. I chuckled, wiping the remaining tears from my eyes. "You need a haircut ... and a shave," I said, his eyes looking at me, happiness and relief shining through his eyes.

"Well, when you're spazzing out, not knowing when the one you care for will wake up, things like that go forgotten," he said, running a hand along his jaw. Shane bent down and kissed my forehead, his stubble scratching me a little. I made a face and he just laughed.

"When you're able to come home, I've got a surprise for you," he whispered. Before I could start pesturing him about what it was, he walked out of the room. I sighed as the doctor starting running tests. I hoped I was out of here soon. I needed to get back to my life.