Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

I turned at the sound of my name being called, and anger flooded through me like tidal waves during a storm. Lauren, and a guy I've never seen before. I noticed them holding hands as she and the guy sauntered over to where Logan and I were at. "Hey there, cheater," she said, smiling wickedly at me for a moment before casting her glance at Logan.

Logan was currently leaning up against a random car, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked off into the distance. Even though we weren't near the fire, the flames cast a light which caused his face to be hidden in shadows. He seemed more mysterious.

"Who is this? New boyfriend?" Lauren asked, raising her eyebrow in amusement. I wanted to slap her, but I was raised to never lay a hand on a woman in anger -- just in love. I thought for a moment before answering her.

"Actually, yes. He is," I said, smiling at her. She choked on the drink in which she had just taken a drink of when I said it. "Is that a problem?"

"You're parents will kick you out, you know that, right?" she asked, sounding a bit worried. But it didn't faze me. At least, at the moment it didn't.

"I moved out. I told them I was gay, and left," I said, turning my back on her. She started screaming when I grabbed Logan's hand and headed for a separate part of the beach. I wasn't wanting to leave quite yet, but I wasn't in the mood to party at the moment.

"Where are we going?" Logan asked, sounding a bit confused and hurt. I am sure he was wondering why I claimed him as my boyfriend, and if he was, I was going to answer any question he would ask.

After about a good ten minutes of walking, I stopped and sat down in the sand. I unbuttoned my shirt completely and removed it, balling it up and using it as a pillow. "What's are you're mind, Logan?" I asked, looking up at him with blurry vision.