Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

I knew he was scared since the first night alone with me at the party. The way my attitude was scared even me, and I didn't want him to feel like I didn't care.

"I've had a plan set up for myself since I was seven years old," I said, playing with his hair -- it was so soft and silky, it was hard not to. "The plan is that when I finished high school, I would move to either California or New York, whichever came first, and become a famous musician. My parents always supported that -- hoping that I might just sing gospel," I said, chuckling. "That's not my cup of tea, though. I'm sure you've heard my music, so you would probably know."

"The day you ran out into the field, I had followed you that day. I heard you singing as you played the piano, and your voice sent chills through me," he whispered, looking up at the ceiling. He sighed, but said nothing else.

"I know this is out there, but ... do you say you come with me when I go?" I asked, making him look at me. "I already know you have a scholarship to a school in both Cali and NYC, so wherever I end up, you could end up, too. Both of us doing what we love the most."

I got up and started jumping around the room, trying to make Logan smile. He barely lifted the corner of his lips. I started lifting my shirt and shaking my hips, and I joined in when he started laughing. "I'm sexy and I know it," I sang, pursing out my lips and winking at him, causing him to cackle like a hyena.

I raised my hands in victory and walked out of the room, then started running downstairs with my arms still in the air. I heard footsteps coming down behind me and smiled. "Dude! What's wrong with you?" Smith asked, looking back at me.

"You expected sane Shane, but what you get is the insane. And I welcome my partner in crime, the one and only Logan Reese, who is one BAMF!" I said, grinning. Logan appeared to my left, his face pointing upwards and his hands on his hips.

"We're living with idiots," I heard Smith say, then started laughing.

"What you see is what you get," I said, placing my arm around Logan's shoulders. "For strip dancing, it's a thousand bucks extra."

"Uh-oh, we better start saving up, Smith. Otherwise we won't get to see the lovely couple naked!" Roger howled, causing all four of us to cackle.

The night went on rather uneventful; we sat around the house stuffing our faces and watching stupid reality TV shows until we got tired. Roger was already passed out on the couch, Smith was currently heading upstairs and I was getting ready to sleep on the couch.

"Shane," Logan said, making me look at him at a weird angle.

"Yeah, Logan?" I said, my eyes not leaving his face.