Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

I immediately jumped out of bed, threw on a pair of jeans and shirt -- both of which seemed to be a bit tight. I didn't care at the moment, but it brought tears to my eyes as I smelled Logan's cologne. I gulped, forcing myself to hold them back and ran downstairs with Roger and Smith behind me.

We threw our shoes on, ran outside and got into Roger's car. "I know of a few places that Hunter would most likely go, but we all need to keep our ears and eyes alert, just to be safe," Roger said as he started the car. He backed out of the driveway and sped into the night.

Time Elapse

We came upon a house downtown; it looked rundown and as if no one was around. "I don't see his car anywhere," Roger said before getting out of the car. Before he closed the door he said, "Wait here. If I whistle, it's not the place. If you hear me clap, get your asses in there." Smith and I both nodded and watched as Roger went in.

We waited for a good ten minutes before hearing his whistle. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall. Logan, please be okay. I can't stand not having you here., I thought, feeling Smith's hand grip my shoulder. "We'll find him, Shane. I promise," he whispered. I looked back at him, not caring he would see my crying.

"What if we don't? Or what if we do and it's too late?" I asked, my voice cracking. Smith leaned forward and wrapped his arm around my neck, pressing his head against mine.

"He'll be fine. Don't worry, we're here for you and him. Always," he whispered, squeezing me tight for a moment before letting go and sitting back. I leaned back into the seat and saw Roger coming towards the car in my peripheral. Getting in, he put the car in gear and sped off to the next place, his eyes constantly flicking over towards me.

"I'm not going to rest until we -- or myself -- finds him, Shane. No one takes one of my best friends and gets away with it," Roger said, gripping my knee and squeezing. I let out a long sigh before looking out the window. For the first time in my life, I started praying.

Time Elapse

We looked at all the likely places in which Hunter would have gone, and each time, there was nothing. We drove all around downtown, looking in every possible place we could. We couldn't find him anywhere. At the moment, we weer parked in front of an apartment building that looked as if it hadn't been occupied in a few decades.

Bringing my knees to my chest, I choked on a sob. I was crying the entire time and now nothing. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I looked up out the windshield and saw a car that looked out of place. Wiping my nose and clearing my throat, I said, "Doesn't that car look out of place here?" I pointed out a rather odd looking car about ten feet in front of us.

"That's them," Roger said, getting out. I followed suit as well as Smith. "Let's put a few seconds in between each other, just to be safe." I nodded and so did Smith. Roger went in first and quickly yet quietly started up the steps. I counted to ten and went in, careful trying to not make any noise.

I prayed with my whole being that Logan was alright.