Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

I was sure he thought it was an engagement ring, but it wasn't. I couldn't afford one ... not yet anyway. Letting go of his hands, I continued to look at him. "Logan, I don't think I've ever been so happy in my life. You've opened my eyes on a lot of things, I don't know how I'll ever repay you. This," I said, holding up the box, "is a promise ring. A promise that I will do all that I can in my power to make you happy, whether it's with me or with someone else. I will not go a day without seeing a smile on your face."

Opening the box, it showed a ring of a ruby surrounded by diamonds. "It's not super expensive, but it was all I could afford at the moment. I'm hoping this will hold out until I can afford a better ring worth asking your hand," I whispered, placing the box in his hand.

I crawled to the other side of the bed, resting my head against the backboard, my hands fiddling with the hem of my shirt. I watched Logan as he stared down at the ring. Tears were falling down his cheeks, and a weak smile crossed his lips. "How did you know I liked rubies?" he asked softly, meeting my gaze.

"What? You think I don't listen when we talk?" I asked, causing him to chuckle. I smiled, the sun breaking through the clouds and giving him a shine.

"I swore you were proposing, but I suppose this is better than nothing," he said, looking at me. I sighed, and turned to face him.

"Look, Logan. I want to marry you, to be the man who can love you unconditionally no matter the risks. I just want to give you a ring that's far better than this when I propose and then marry you. Something that will blow this ring out of the water," I said, making him make eye contact with me.

"What are you saying?" he asked, his voice curious. I chuckled.

"I have a tendency to out do myself at everything. Like now, I don't want this," indicating the ring again, "to be the engagement ring. It's not perfect for that." Logan chuckled, and I made a face. "What? Is that a no?"

"No, no, not at all. I accept the promise," he said, making me smile. "It's a start, and that's all the matters."

"Damn straight," I said, pointing at him and causing him to laugh for the first time in days. I grabbed his hands and pulled him towards me, placing a tender kiss on his lips.

He pulled away rather quickly, looking at me. "I'm still sick," he said, a bit upset. I growled inwardly, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

"I don't care. I want to kiss you," I said, getting on my hands and knees and crawling over to him. I pressed my lips against his and closed my eyes. His arms wrapped around my neck as I placed a hand on his waist. "I love you so much, Logan," I whispered in between kisses.

He responded with a grunt, causing me to laugh inwardly. I gripped his waist with both hands, pulling him to lay atop of me, his legs straddling my hips. I ran my hands over his back then down to his ass, gripping it hard. We were so in tune, and right now, the moment was absolutely perfect.