Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane/Reggie

After we had all settled down, everyone was with their respected other half. I was currently sprawled on one couch, Logan on top of me. Smith and Roger were on the recliner, Smith sitting atop of Roger looking as if he were about to pass out.

We were all watching some late night show, not sure of what to do. "What about going to the club? Supposed to be good music tonight," I said, my mouth feeling numb. Everyone agreed and got up, although Smith looked like he was about to pass out.

"Smith, you sure you want to go?" Logan asked, grabbing his arm to make sure he didn't lose his footing. "We could always go tomorrow."

"No! We said we'd party and I want to party!" Smith said, sounding a bit angry. We all looked at each other with a similar look of shock. Roger sighed, then wrapped his arms around Smith's waist.

"Okay. But the first time you pass out, or look like you're going to pass out, we're coming home. Okay?" Roger said, kissing Smith's neck.

"Alright, fine," Smith replied, rubbing his eyes and looking around sleepily. We shut off the lights except for one, walked out the door and got in the car. Once we started on the road, Smith turned on the radio, a song we all liked starting.

Time Elapse

We finally got to the club and we went it, seeing a few familiar faces from school. I waved at my bandmates when they spotted me. "DAMIAN!" they all yelled jogging over to me and high-fiving me. "You never come here! Why are you here now?" Johnny asked, yelling over the beat of the loud guitar solo coming from the stage.

"We're celebrating the new couple!" I yelled, pointing to Smith and Roger. Johnny nodded and high-fived the two, getting looks of amusement from them.

We found Michael, Kellan, and Reggie at a table in a quieter part of the club. "Guys, I want you to meet Micahel, Kellan, and Reggie. You might have seen them around school every now and again," I said, pointing to each one when I said their name. Everyone said their hello's and everyone got to talking.

I barely noticed Reggie staring at me. I knew he was gay, he was very open and honest about it when we were looking for a bassist, but I wasn't into him. He was a very awesome guy, knew how to keep my head on straight. He really wasn't all that bad looking either. His black hair fell in waves just past his shoulders, his prominent cheek bones casting shadows over the perfect shaped lips, his bright hazel eyes hidden under the shadows of his long eye lashes.

Reggie never said he liked me, but at times, I didn't need to hear it. I would meet his gaze and he'd be staring at me with lust-filled eyes. When I met his gaze this time, he looked shocked. I leaned foward and whispered, "You okay, man?" He gulped and then nodded.

"Where did you get that accent all of a sudden? I've never heard it coming from you before," he whispered back, leaning forward as well.

"I just never wanted to use it before. I was already the new guy, and I didn't want people making me more of an outcast or just being friends with me because of the accent," I said, raising my eye brows and shrugging a bit.

I noticed the others were deep in conversation with one another to notice Reggie and I were just mere inches apart. If either of us moved any closer, we'd kiss. I didn't want that to happen, for fear of upsetting Logan. It wouldn't have meant anything to me, but Logan wouldn't know that. He's already experienced too much pain because of me that one wrong move could just send him over the edge. I pulled back, resting my head on the back of the booth. In all honesty, I was ready to go home.

Reggie

I sat there, watching Shane. He was stunning. His brown hair up in spikes, the spikes casting shadows over his features. His blue eyes seemed to sparkle as he talked with the others, his laughter giving me chills throughout my body.

When I had went to try out for the bassist position for the band, and my gaze fell upon him, it struck something in me. I knew I was gay before then, but when he smiled and his eyes locked on mine, I was absolutely sure.

His hair was a bit shorter back then, and he didn't seem to smile much, but when he did, I fell for him hard. Now, hearing his accent that fitted him so well, it made me realize how in love with the guy I was. I've never met his family, so I had assumed they were American, not Irish.

I watched the guys cracking jokes, smacking each other playfully, and randomly bust out and dance. I smiled, glad I was a part of this group. Everyone was paired; everyone but me.

Shane with Logan; Roger with Smith; Michael with Deanna; Kellan with Toni. I felt so left out, as if I didn't really belong. Turning my face to look a different direction, I let the tears fall. I was hurting, and I didn't know if the guys even noticed ... or even cared.