Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

Reggie and Micah were the first to leave, soon followed by Roger, Smith, Michael, and Kellan. He and I were alone in the house for the first time ever. I watched the last car leave, making sure we were going to be alone for sure. I grabbed the remote to the stereo and turned it on. The station was playing techno, making me and Logan laugh.

I pushed the couchs, coffee table, and recliner against the far wall, making more room in the living room. Pressing a button on the wall, I watched as a few spots in the walls moved, causing lights to come out and come on. Logan looked amazed. "They never told you this used to be a club about five years ago, did they?" I asked, crossing my arms, a smirk on my face.

"No. And I've known them a bit longer than you have," he said, still amazed. I chuckled to myself, walking into the living room, dancing along with the beat. Logan stepped back a bit, watching me in awe. "You dance?" he asked, sounding just how he looked.

"I've been teaching myself to dance for ten years," I replied, not stopping as I looked at him and motioned him to join me.

"I-I can't dance," he said, sounding shy. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. "Shane! No!"

"Look, it's not hard. I can teach you in one night what it took me ten years to master," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the open area. "I'll do it slow, so you can follow." He took a deep breath and nodded.

As I promised, I started off slow, going through various moves and techniques. Logan kept messing up, his footing getting the best of him. We laughed every time he fell, but as time moved on, he became more serious.

When I taught everything I could, we decided to speed it up. I rummaged through the CD collection Roger had, finding a very fast techno remix. Putting it in the CD part of the stereo, I looked at him and said, "You ready to dance?" Logan nodded, determined to be dancing in the same rhythm as me.

I started the music, and when it started, Logan and I were right along beat with one another. We were so into what we were doing, neither of us realized Smith and Roger had walked in an joined us. We were too absorbed with the music, the dancing, that everything else was just a blur.

Finally, the music came to a stop, and we then noticed Smith and Roger, breathing just a bit harder. Logan and I were out of breath, though Logan more than me since I was accustomed to it.

"How'd you guys know what we were doing?" Logan asked, leaning on me. A moment passed before Roger answered.

"Shane taught us. You were in the hospital in a coma. When he was told to come home, it's all he would do to keep in shape." Roger paused and took a deep breath. "On occasion he'd play basketball with us to make sure he still had his game on."

"Did you actually teach them?" Logan asked me, looking astounded. I shook my head.

"It was more they watched me constantly, then would join in and try to keep up," I replied, wrapping my arms around his waist. He leaned against me, his head resting on my shoulder.

"Oh, by the way, guys. I am going to stay at Smith's place for the night. His parents want to meet me," Roger said, a grin on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. We'll try not to burn the house down," I said, an evil grin on my face. Roger glared but then playfully punched me. They said their goodbyes, and I turned off the stereo. I walked over and pressed the button, causing the strobe lights to disappear and the wall to look as if nothing was hidden inside them.

Grabbing Logan's hand, we walked upstairs, stripped down to our boxers and crawled into bed, letting sleep overtake us.