Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Logan

I stared at Reggie for a brief moment, then up at the stairs before anger filled my entire body. I kicked the wall hard, leaving a hole in it. "Fine! Let him go! Let him leave me behind like a piece of trash he can just throw away!" I yelled, knowing he heard me. "If I mean that little to him, then fine! I guess I'm to blame for loving him so god damn much!" I said, tears spilling freely down my face as I grabbed my keys.

"Logan, no! Come on, don't think that. Shane loves you, I swear!" Reggie said, standing up and starting towards me.

"No, he doesn't, Reggie. If he loved me, then none of this would be happening," I choked before walking out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I climbed into the car and sped out, driving down the road as I gripped the steering wheel. "I loved you, you fucking bastard, and this is what you do to me? Just rip my heart out of my chest?" I choked as I drove.

I finally reached the cemetery in which held my parents' graves, parking my car and walking out to the stones. I sat down, finding a piece of grass to mess with. "He's leaving, Mom ... back to Ireland with his family ... even after he said he wants to marry me. He's just going to leave me here, even Reggie knows he's going to go with them," I whispered. "I feel like a piece of trash, Momma ... something he just threw away without a care in the world," I whispered, my eyes closing.

Time Elapse

I groaned and sat up, looking around the darkened cemetery. I sighed deeply and stood up, realizing I had fallen asleep. I dusted myself off and headed to my car.

Once I left the cemetery, I returned to the house. Shane's car was still in the driveway. I let out another deep sigh and climbed out of my car, locking it up before going inside. "Logan," Reggie spoke, causing me to look over at him. Shane was standing there with his bags, I felt my heart break and fresh tears in my eyes.

"Don't ... I don't want an apology from you, Shane," I spoke, taking the promise ring off and throwing it at him, it hitting him on his chest. "Go ahead and keep it, you already broke your damn promise. I suppose it was all a lie anyway," I said, anger mixing with sadness. "You gave me hope, something to look forward to, as well -- marriage with you. Now, you're just ripping it away like I meant nothing to you," I cried, my body shaking. "I gave myself to you ... I gave my heart and soul to you. I know you love your family, but I believed you loved me as well, Shane, but I guess this was all just some sick joke to you, wasn't it?" I asked.