Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

I called my father a few hours later, him answering on the fourth ring. "Shane?" he said, sounding worried. "It's nearly midnight," he went on, causing me to shrug, vaguely aware that he couldn't see me.

"There is one way and one way alone that will make me go with you and the rest of the family to Ireland," I said, picking at the hole on my jeans.

"Sure, anything," he said, sounding desparate. I sat quiet for a moment before saying anything.

"You get an extra ticket. For Logan," I said, looking up at the ceiling. I heard my Dad chuckle, causing me to snap to attention. "What's so funny?" I asked, feeling myself get angry again.

"Is that all?" he asked, a smile in his voice. "I was planning to do that, anyway. I was going to tell you at the restaurant, but you left too fast before I could say anything."

"That's when you send Chase to tackle me and shake me till I stay," I said, laughing along with my dad. "That's vital freaking information, Father," I said.

"I will talk to you tomorrow, okay, Shane?" he said, relief filling me. I replied and then hung up, throwing my phone aside.

I heard Logan ealier after the agument, he was hurt. I knew Reggie told him I would have gone with my family, but that's because he's a jealous bastard wanting in my pants. I smirked, he was such an idiot, but that's my best friend for you.

Time Elapse

I had my bags in hand as I headed downstairs. I was down there for no more than ten minutes when Logan walked in.

I was about to speak, when he started. I kept my mouth shut as he talked, not breaking my gaze from him. After he stopped, I chuckled softly. "You're such a dud, love," I said, making him glare at me. "This never was a joke," I said on more serious note. "Get upstairs and pack. My parents had been planning to take you with us, I just didn't know until recently because I left them too early before they told me."

Logan looked at me for a moment, shocked. "What? You thought I was planning on leaving here without you? Not for all the money in the world," I said, smiling. I picked up the promise ring and walked over to him. "I made a promise to you, Logan. I fully intent to keep it. No matter what."