Sequel: Just Can't Let You Go
Status: Completed

One More Weekend

Shane

My head was throbbing, and I looked at the floor when I asked, "You have any aspirin?" I saw Logan nod in my peripheral before he stood up and walked into the kitchen. I heard a few cabinets open and close before he walked back into the living room, handing me two pills. "Thanks," I whispered, again seeing him nod in my peripheral. Putting the pills in my mouth, I swallowed them and set the drink down.

A few moments passed as we sat in silence. I looked up at him, watching as he did everything in his power to keep his gaze somewhere else. Sighing, I said, "Look, last night was messed up in all sorts of ways. I can honestly tell you, right here, right now, I don't regret it. I don't remember ever feeling so alive."

I saw him start fidgeting with his jeans, his eyes not looking up at me. I let out a sigh, then sank down on my knees and walked over to him. "You feel bad about last night. I can see it by the way you're not looking at me."

"You have a girlfriend, Shane," he said, both his palms facing up as he stared down at them. "It shouldn't have happened." I grabbed both of his hands in mine and studied them. They were rough -- as if he had worked for years. Yet, at the same time, they were as smooth as silk.

"I know I have a girlfriend, and she's great; yet, I feel like I could do better," I said, half to myself. I stood up, walked behind him, and started massaging his shoulders. He stiffened. "Relax, I'm not trying to come onto you; all I need you to do is relax your shoulders, and breathe deeply through you mouth."

As he relaxed, I heard him taking the deep breaths. I saw as he seemed to become less and less worried about what happened between us. "I don't want to be the reason for your break-up though," he said, his chocolate brown gaze meeting mine for the first time in the last ten minutes. He seemed concerned, and that made me smile. What caught me by surprise was ... he smiled back.

Before I could stop myself, I walked around in front of him, his gaze strictly on me. "I'm asking you not to stop me. I just want to do this sober," I whispered, leaning down and kissing him gently. I heard him suck in a breath ... then place a hand on my neck.

After a couple more moments, I broke away, taking in a deep breath. "It happened again,' I muttered, looking at him. Logan's expression became confused after I said that. "Last night, when you kissed me, I saw fireworks, the good kind. Right now ... when I kissed you, they were there again."

"Has this happened with any of the girls you've dated before?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I shook my head.

"Not once," I whispered. Before I could say or do anything else, I heard a car door.

"Aunt Marilyn," he said, freaked out. I braced his shoulders until he looked at me. "She's against same-sex anything!"

"As far as she knows, I came over to ... " I started, then walked over to his bag and opened it, grabbing the math notes I knew I had copied, " ... borrow some notes I missed from yesterday's math class." It took him a moment, but it clicked rather quick.

The door opened and I winked at him. "Thanks for letting me borrow these, bro," I said, gently smacking his shoulders, my accent more noticable than ever. "My mum would have my head if I failed a class." I saw him shiver a bit, but it was barely noticable.

I turned and faced his aunt. "Morning," I said politely. She nodded once, stiffly. I walked out the door and down the steps. I glanced once at the front door, smiled, and then started for my car again. I really hope I don't royally mess something up.