Status: active:)

More Than Rain

Let us swing around in the rain together

“Hey guys,” I chirped to my brother Jason and then Joel when I noticed him sitting in my living room with my brother.
I was in a very happy mood.
A mood I hadn’t gotten to experience a lot.
“Mmmm” my brother hummed not very interested in me.
Joel didn’t greet me at all.
In fact he ignored my presence.
If I wasn’t in such a happy mood and so into Samuel, I would have been really upset that someone like Joel was choosing to ignore me, but now I didn’t care at all because I had a guy so there was no need to be worrying about Joel’s attitude.
“So….alright then I’ll just…yeah.” I said awkwardly not knowing what to say, so instead I just walked into my kitchen.

Once I got into the kitchen I opened the fridge and got an apple out.
I dropped the apple as soon as my eye caught a glimpse of rain outside the window.
Okay so it wasn’t rain but it was a little bit of a sprinkle.
I ran to the door and flung it open.
Screaming at the top of my lungs I dodged straight out into the rain.
“Oh my god are you serious Camden? Every time?” My brother said at the door.
I giggled as Joel came up behind my brother to see the commotion.
“You know me Jason,” I chuckled.
“What’s she doing?” Joel asked curiously.
Jason rolled his eyes.”She always, and I do mean always runs around outside whenever it rains. Stupid huh?”
Joel ignored him and ran outside into the rain.
I stared in amazement.”What are you doing?”
“Running around in the rain what’s it look like?” he smirked.
I smiled.
Even though I wasn’t into Joel as much as I use to be I was still happy he wasn’t in his pissy mood anymore.
“Joel what the hell are you doing?! Please tell me you’re not a rain obsessed freak like my sister man.” my brother groaned.
Joel laughed.” It’s fun!”
“I second that!” I chimed in, before grabbing Joel’s hands and swinging around with him.
My brother rolled his eyes and was about to turn around and close the door but a car caught his eyes.
Joel and I kept spinning and laughing, until the car my brother was staring at pulled into my drive way and Joel’s girlfriend stepped out.
“What’s going on here?” Joel’s girlfriend Lia spat, switching her gaze back and forth between Joel and I and our interlocked hands from when we were spinning.
Joel let go of my hands immediately.”Just playing around,”
I felt hurt but immediately brushed it away.
“Doesn’t look like playing,” Lia scoffed.
“I was playing around in the rain and I kind of dragged Joel into it,” I said covering up for Joel just in case Lia was one of those controlling types of girlfriends.
Lia scowled at me.”Anyway…I knew you’d be hanging with Jason today so I thought I’d join you,” Lia said, wrapping her arms around Joel’s tiny waist.
“Oh well that’s cool. Come on in,” my brother gestured toward the door.
Lia let go of Joel’s waist and made her way to the door.”Dry yourself off baby, you’re starting to look like Camden,”
Was that an insult of some sort?
I kind of think it was.
“Yeah you two should really dry up and get inside before my mom kills me for letting you run around in the rain while she isn’t home,” my brother joked.
We both chuckled and made our way inside
“That was fun huh?”Joel nudged.
“Yeah, you’re like the only person that will run around out there with me like that. Everyone else just rolls their eyes like I’m crazy,” I said shyly.
“Well there loss, I think it’s a rush,” he said.
I smiled.
I like rain.
Joel likes rain.
And now I find myself liking Joel more than I like rain… again.
Darn!
♠ ♠ ♠
Update finally! :D
Excited?
Did you like it?
I hope so.

CHAPTER PLAYLIST:
Navigate me- cute is what we aim for
Check yes juliet- we the kings
She's got a boyfriend now- boys like girls
Shake it- metro station