I Remember When... (Letters to my Ex-Boyfriend)

When you Finally Asked me Out.

Holding hands and going on dates. That’s almost like being girlfriend and boyfriend right? But I was still waiting for you to ask me out. Two weeks after our first real date I still remember the text you sent me. You wanted to come by my house to “ask me something” later, after you got off work. I knew what you wanted to ask me but I didn’t get my hopes up in case it wasn’t really what you wanted to ask me.

You texted me saying you were outside and I came out to see you. I don’t remember what I was wearing, but I know you were wearing a white shirt that was completely filthy from work. I laughed when I saw you and you blushed and said you should have changed but I disagreed. You looked cute in your dirty shirt. We talked about nothing for a little bit and then you told me you wanted to ask me something.

You said you really liked me, and then you asked me to be your girlfriend. I knew I was blushing as I smiled and said yes. We hugged and I wondered if you would kiss me now, since I was your girlfriend. You didn’t but I knew we would kiss eventually, so I didn’t worry. Then you said you had to go move a refrigerator for your parents and left.

I couldn’t help but text my friends that you finally asked me out before I even got inside my house. I texted Jacelyn and Sara about it. Jacelyn was excited for me, saying how great it will be now since you and I were a couple, and her and Dall are a couple. We could go on double dates all the time. Sara, on the other hand, was not as excited. She was more jealous and angry that I wouldn’t be spending all my free time with her now that I had a boyfriend. I brushed it off, I was too giddy to care.

Jacelyn told me I had to go put it on facebook, but I wasn’t so sure. Was I supposed to already go put that I was ‘in a relationship?’. Eventually she convinced me that I needed to make it facebook official so I did. I told you about it and you said you’d get on facebook and accept it when you could. I knew you didn’t get on much but you accepted it the same day anyway.

And then we were facebook official.