Status: I'm slowly updating everything. I promise i'll finish this eventually!

Through Twisted Hearts

Welcome Home Jo

Jo’s smile widen as soon as she saw the Roadhouse appear on the skyline a few miles a head of her. With no other cars on the road, she tapped the gas peddle, humming along with the Red Hot Chillie Peppers track playing in the background as she sent the Camaro above eighty. She knew exactly what waited for her up ahead and she wanted to get to it as quick as possible.

Soon enough, she could see her mom and Bobby standing outside the Roadhouse, ready to greet her with open arms and big congrats. And Sam and Dean would probably be there as well. She smiled at the thought. She had missed the Winchester’s like crazy at school. Yes, they called and texted most of the time. But Jo had missed bantering with Dean and talking with Sam. Especially the last few months, they had been he hardest.

And just a few miles up ahead, they were all waiting for her,she told herself. They’d welcome her home and she wouldn’t mention the fact that they hadn’t been at her graduation because they’d been to busy working a case. It wasn’t like she actually cared anyway. She’d only gone to college to get her mom to shut up about it. Now, there was nothing for her to complain about. Jo could hang out at the Roadhouse if she wanted and work cases if she pleased. And Jo would. Dean and Sam had done a hell of a job training Jo against Ellen Harvelle’s wishes, and Jo wasn’t going to let that go to waist.

Finally, after several minutes that felt like hours, Jo pulled to a stop in front of the Road House and shut the engine off, smiling at the sight that greeted her. Bobby and Ellen stood in the door way of the Roadhouse, Sam and Dean leaned casually against their old Impala. With forced ease, trying to not look to excited, Jo climbed out of the car and shut the door behind her. Her mom was the first to get to her. Ellen threw her arms around her daughter and squeezed her. Jo just laughed and hugged her back.

“Welcome home Joanna Beth.” Ellen murmured.

“Mom,” Jo groaned slightly at the use of her full name. Ellen just laughed and pulled back, patting Jo on the shoulder.

“Welcome home Jo,” Bobby offered, he hadn’t moved from the door frame and Jo hadn’t expected much less. It was just the Singer way.

“Thanks Bobby.” She said, sending him a wave before turning to the Winchesters with a smile. “Miss me boys?”

“Welcome home Jojo,” Sam replied first, pulling his gigantic self off the car and greeting Jo with a hug.

“Thanks Sammy.” Jo grinned at the taller Winchester, “I heard the news.”

“What news?” Sam demanded, looking back at his brother.

“That you got a girlfriend, dur,” Jo replied, laughing at his reaction. “And when were you planning on telling me?”

“I was totally going to tell you,” Sam replied quickly, “I just-“Jo giggled, watching as Sam struggled for words.

“Don’t sweat it Sammy,” She shrugged at him. “As long as she’s good to you, I don’t give a damn.” She told him, tapping his shoulder slightly, “But if she hurts you, I will have to kick her ass.” Sam laughed.

“Yea, I’ll let her know.” Sam replied, running a hand though his dark, thick hair as he chuckled. Jo just smiled before turning her eyes on the oldest Winchester.

“What? No hug?” She demanded, narrowing her eyes at him.

“Hey short stuff,” Dean grinned back at her, pulling himself off the car and grabbing her for a hug.

“You better watch it old man, I can still kick your ass.” Jo replied, hugging him back.

“I’d like to see you try,” Dean said, lifting his brow at her. Jo playfully poked him in the stomach.

“I might just have to,” She replied, "I haven’t had a good fight in a while. Need to brush up on my skills.”

“Hey Jo, your mom made you a special dinner,” Bobby informed them from the door way. Jo turned and frowned a little.

“You mean mom actually cooked?”

“I do run a diner Joanna Beth,” Ellen replied, rolling her eyes “Now come on. Let’s get you fed.”

“Did I miss the party?” A familiar voice questioned as the group headed into the bar. Jo smiled widely.

“Uncle Rufus!” Jo cried, throwing her hands around the older man.

“Welcome home Jo, how’s my favorite college grad. No offense Sam,” Rufus said with a slight laugh.

“Happy to be home,” She answered back, laughing.

“Non taken,” Sam replied, “Nice to know I’m not the only college student around anymore.”

“Yea, but she doesn’t look any different.” Dean commented, making everyone’s head turned.

“What are you talking about old man?” Jo asked, lifting a brow at up at him.

“Well, you went to college and got all smart and stuff. But…you still look the same. You don’t look any smarter or anything.” Dean explained, making everyone laugh.

“You’re an ass.” Jo informed him, shaking her head he just laughed and followed her into the Roadhouse.

“I have missed this place so much,” Jo said, smiling as she walked in.

“You missed it?” Ellen asked, shaking her head. Jo just rolled her eyes, not ready to have one of those fights so soon.
“Ah, hey Ellen, why don’t we get the plates and stuff set up and let the kids go hang out or whatever.” Bobby offered quickly and Ellen nodded in agreement, saying nothing more as she and Bobby walked to the back. Jo just laughed.

“Glad to see not much has changed.” Jo commented watching her mother go. Dean and Sam laughed.

“Nah, not really.” Dean shook his head in agreement.

“Hey Sam. I’ve been meaning to get you to look at my computer,” Rufus said after a minute, “It’s making a funky noise.” Jo lifted a brow at the two.

“What kind of noise?” Sam asked, frowning a bit.

“Like it’s farting or somethin’,” Rufus replied, making them all laugh.

“Yeah, I’ll take a look at it.” Sam said, leaning against the bar.

“Would you mind, now?” Rufus asked, “I got some work I need to do.” Sam looked at him for a minute.

“Uh, yeah, sure.” He said after a minute, and the two bid Jo bye before heading off to the rooms that set above the bar.

“Well, that was interesting. Since when does Rufus use a computer?” Jo asked, lifting a brow at Dean.

“Since, ah, I think that was a set up to get us two alone.” He said, laughing.

“Those two still at their old games huh?” Jo asked, laughing as well as she moved to seat herself on a barstool.

“Yeah, like you said, not much changes.” Dean grinned back at her, “It’s good to have you back Jo.”

“Thanks, it’s good to be back.” Jo grinned at him. “I can’t wait to get to work.” Dean didn’t respond, he just looked at her, raising his brow at her before nodding slightly.

“Didn’t know why I’d expect anything less.” He mumbled, shaking his head. Jo frowned.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” She demanded, placing a hand on her hip.

“Nothin’.” He replied quickly, looking back at her.

“Dean Winchester-“Jo began, but she had barely gotten his name out when her mother and Bobby walked back in.

“Everything’s ready. Where are Sam and Rufus?” Ellen questioned, frowning.

“Fixing Rufus’ computer.” Jo replied, rolling her eyes.

“Rufus has a computer?” Bobby asked in shock.

“Yup, apparently it farts.” Jo nodded. Bobby laughed, Ellen said nothing, her eyes narrowing slightly.

“Come on Jojo, eat up.” Ellen finally said as she and Bobby finished setting the table. “Then you can open your graduation gift.”

“You got me a gift?” Jo asked a little shocked.

“We all did,” Ellen replied, nodding.

“Oh, well. Awesome.” Jo said after a minute, not sure what else to say. She didn’t need to say anything though. Ellen instantly began hounding her about college and dishing out food. Sam and Rufus rejoined them a few minutes later and the group laughed and joked and talked, mostly about Jo and college. And for a few minutes at least, Jo felt normal again, like she was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited finally!