Status: I'm slowly updating everything. I promise i'll finish this eventually!

Through Twisted Hearts

Demon's Aren't the only thing to be afraid of.

It was Jo's last year of college and she couldn't have been happier. She couldn't wait to ditch the place. She missed home like crazy. She received daily phone calls and messages from her mom and both Dean and Sam, but it just wasn't the same. She had few friends at the school and she wasn't close to the few she had. Hey, it wasn't like you could tell just anyone about hunting right? But the last year was different for Jo. She had met him then.

It was her second semester of her senior year. She was missing home a hell of a lot. She had gone out with the girls and they'd had a few drinks. Then he'd shown up. He was near perfect. Well almost. He had bad boy written all over him. He wore a dark leather jacket and he drove an old beat up car. He eyed Jo the second he'd walked in that bar and well, Jo had only been seeing one face that wasn't the stranger's in front of her. His name was Owen Saunders. He was a senior in college as well. He and Jo spent most of the night talking, laughing and flirting. Then he had asked her out. She had said yes in a heart beat.

They had went on several dates within the next two weeks. It was nothing serious though. Jo only liked him because he reminded her so much of one Dean Winchester. A month later, they were still dating though on and off. Owen seemed like a nice enough guy. In fact, he seemed almost perfect the only thing wrong with him was that his name wasn't Dean Winchester. It wasn't until two months into the relationship that things changed for the worst.

Jo had stayed late for a study group one night. They had an exam in one of her classes the next da ad the professor was horrible. Jo was suppose to have dinner with Owen that night at the small home he rented. out instead of staying in the dorms. She had been bout a half hour late, but she had called to let him know she would be. By the time she got there though, he was already plastered. She hadn't realized it at first. It was the way he swayed when he stumbled towards her that let her know something wasn't right.

"Owen, your drunk." She stated easily, frowning at him.

"Who is he?" Owen demanded, half storming, half stumbling over to her. Jo frowned.

"Who is who?" She demanded, unsure.

"The son of a bitch you've been sleeping with." He demanded right back.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jo asked, her eyes wide at his accusation.

"Your suppose to be my girl friend." Owen snapped at her, his voice rough and slurred.

"You don't fucking own me Owen. It's not like we've been serious or anything. But here's a news flash for you, I'm not screwing anyone. That includes you dumb ass." She informed him, shaking her head. "Now get your ass bed." She ordered, pointing in the direction of his bed room.

What happened next, Jo had never expected. Never dreamed of would happen to her. She didn't even realize what had happened until she was picking herself up off the floor, her lip split and obviously bleeding since she could taste something metallic. Her head spun a little as she stood up.

"You son of a bitch!" She roared at him, her body near frozen by what had just happened. Owen had hit her. He had fucking hit her. The words rang like bells through her head, but they didn't seem to make sense at all. Not until Owen stepped forward and raised his hand a second time Before Jo could react, she was sent to the floor again.

"Your my fucking girl friend," Owen hissed as he stood over her. It was that moment that Jo lost the fight. Every day of training, every night of studying demons, had never prepared her for this. She never thought that her worst night would come from another human. It was a near two hours later when Jo pulled herself out of Owen's house. Her face was battered and bruised and she didn't look anything like Jo Harvelle. She stared for hours at herself in the mirror. At the way her left eye was near blackened. The way the blood caked on her face. Tears stung her cheeks and she didn't know how long she had been crying. Bruises and scrapes covered her bare body as she finally pulled herself into the shower to clean up, her body caving under a whirlwind of emotions.

She didn't go to school for days. It wasn't until Nik Watson, one of her best friends at the college, pounding on her dorm room door that she opened it. By then most of the bruises had disappeared and all that was left from Owen's attack was a light blue bruise around her eye. She had told him she was sick several days before and he had stopped by to check on her. When she had assured him she was fine, he had pretty much dragged her back outside. After that, she had pretty much gone back to normal. Like nothing had happened. She didn't see Owen for another month after that and she didn't care to. She thought she would never see him again, and that was just fine with her.

But she did see him again. Almost a month after. She was in her dorm, studying as usual. Jo was good at the class work. She made straight A's, but that was mostly because she kept to herself. So when the knock on the door came, she had expected it to be Brian coming to pull her from her studies. She froze as soon as she saw Owen's cheesy, obviously drunken smile.

"I missed you Jojo." He slurred at her. Jo glared at him.

"Go the fuck away." Jo growled, moving to slam the door. But Owen was strong, he grabbed the door and shoved it back, sending the door into Jo's face and Jo flying back.

"I said I missed you," Owen hissed at her, slamming the door shut behind him. At least this time Jo struggled back. She managed one good sucker punch to his nose for the three that he delivered to her face. She struggled against him. Thankfully, this struggle didn't last long though. Jo hadn't heard her door open. She'd only heard Nick call her name. And then he was pulling Owen off of her, slinging him to the floor. Jo crawled to her feet, watching as Nick pounded Owen repeatedly until Owen was near motionless.

"Nick!" Jo finally screamed, able to find her voice. 'Nick stop!" She cried, trying to stop him. Her voice seemed to calm him down.

"Are you alright?" He demanded. Jo just nodded, hugging him. Nick leaned back over Owen, whispered something and then he grabbed Jo's hand and pulled her out of the dorm room. Right before Nick pulled Jo out of the room, Jo looked back...and near screamed.

Owen was standing, face battered, eyes blood shot where he'd been near unconscious a minute ago. He didn't move though, he just looked at Jo, uttering one solid word from his lips that sent chills down Jo's spine before he vanished.

"Help."