Status: I'm slowly updating everything. I promise i'll finish this eventually!

Through Twisted Hearts

Parental Supervision

Jo sighed a little as they pulled up to the Roadhouse, biting her lip a little.

"You okay?" Dean asked softly, Jo just nodded.

"I'm fine," She murmured. "Can you do me a favor though. I don't want the others to know just yet." Dean looked at her for a moment before nodding.

"Of course. You know our conversations stay between us." He told her gently.

"I know," She murmured, offering him a little smile. "You don't know how much that means to me." Dean just returned her smile, reaching over and taking her hand in his, squeezing it lightly.

"It's going to be okay Jo," He told her and she just nodded again.

"Come on, we should get going." She murmured after a second, pulling away from him. She propped open the Impala door and climbed out. Dean sat there for a second, frowning a little.

"Come on pretty boy. Don't leave me hanging." Jo teased as she rounded the car. Dean just chuckled and climbed out, locking the car door behind him.

"Yeah, I always knew you thought I was pretty." He said, grinning at her a little.

"Don't get your ego in a twist there Freckles," She replied, grinning back at him. Dean just laughed.

"So, what's this big bad case your friend has dug up?" He asked curiously. As they walked inside the Roadhouse, Jo explained the details to him.

"So you think it's a haunting?" Dean asked curiously. "A possession?" Jo nodded.

"Sounds right." She agreed as they slid into a booth.

"There you two are!" Sam said, walking up and sliding into the booth beside Dean. "We've been waiting for you for hours."

"Sorry, we were talking. "Dean murmured, glancing back at his brother.

"Sure," Sam said, shrugging a little.

"Where's your girl friend?" Jo asked, grinning at Sam as she changed the topic. Sam just gave an easy grin.

"Resting. She's a little worn out from her ride." He replied easily.

"Oh Sam, gross! Seriously not something I want to hear about." Jo groaned, making a face, while Dean burst into a fit of laugher.

"What?" Sam asked, looking between them innocently before realization swept across his face. "Oh. Oh your both jerks." He said, shaking his head a little.

"In other news, we have a case to work." Dean informed him easily. Sam lifted a brow, looking between them easily.

"Yeah. There's some stuff going on back at the college." Dean told him, nodding a little.

"Jo's college?" Sam asked, setting up a little.

"Yeah, Jo's college. There's been some hot activity I think we need to check out." Dean told him, nodding. Dean filled him in on the case details, leaving out the small part about Owen and Jo.

"Alright. When are we leaving out?" Sam asked, pushing a hand through his curly locks.

"Sooner the better probably," He said, glancing over at Jo who nodded in agreement. "Tell Tia she better get ready." Sam's brows lifted.

"Really?" Asked, a little shocked.

"Yeah, like hell I'm working with you whining all the time." Dean replied, grinning a little. Sam just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. She's probably awake now anyway." He replied, scooting out of the booth and hurrying off to the stairs just as Ellen walked into the room

"What's going on?" Ellen asked, looking at the two of them.

"Sam and I have a case to work," Dean told Ellen easily. "And I was kind of wandering if Jo could come."

"Dean!" Jo groaned, rolling her eyes a little. "I'm a grown adult. I can come if I want to." Dean just gave her a little stare before looking at Ellen. He had a plan. He didn't want Ellen and Jo arguing the whole time they were gone. They were family. They needed each other and he knew Jo needed her mom especially now, even if Jo didn't tell her what had happened in college.

"What's the case?" Ellen asked, lifting a brow.

"Basic possession case looks like. It's at the college and I was thinking Jo could help us get around you know." Dean replied easily.

"You want to go Jo?" Ellen asked, glancing at the girl.

"Of course I do." Jo replied quickly.

"Alright, but anything happens to her, it'll be your head Winchester." Ellen replied, whacking Dean lightly on the head. Dean grumbled under his breath, rubbing the spot where Ellen had whacked him, but he was a grinning a little as she walked away.

"What the hell Dean?" Jo demanded as soon as her mother was out of ear shot. "I don't need her permission to go on a case."

"Yeah, but I really didn't want to have to deal with either of you complaining the entire time either." He replied, giving her a cheeky grin. Jo lifted a brow.

"You just played my mom?" Jo asked, sounding a little impressed.

"Yeah." Dean shrugged as if it were nothing. "Parental's. You just have to know how to work them." He said, giving her a wink. Jo groaned, slipping out of her booth.

"Your an arrogant ass." Jo informed him, heading towards the staircase that led to her new loft.

"Yeah, but you still love me." Dean replied easily.

"So you think," Jo said, poking him playfully. "Now go pack old man."

"I'm not old," Dean retorted, moving towards the hallway just beneath the staircase, poking Jo back.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Jo said, rolling her eyes as the two parted and each headed to their respective rooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one took a while to right. Lol. Almost ended up being double the length, but I had to cut in half. Lol. Hope you guys enjoy.