I Know You

one.

He walked into the store while she was preoccupied with wrapping the wound on her upper arm. She was distracted with the gauze until she heard a cough from only a few feet in front of her.

Her head snapped up, the gauze clenched between the two sets of teeth in her mouth, "Ye-th?" She mumbled through the material.

She wasn't so sure as to what he needed. Most people would look around and avoid eye contact with her when they first came in.

"Uh, I was wondering if you have any of those old cuckoo clocks. My grandfather is crazy about those and his birthday is coming up." He explained.

I glanced around the shop. The way the floor was organized was quite simple. I didn't see what he found so confusing.

"Well," I started, leading him towards the small section of clocks, "We have tons of clocks that state back all the way to the 20s, but those are most likely out of your price range." I watched as he cringed, "The cheapest, non-tacky cuckoo clock is right here." I told him as I stretched to my toes and reached up to the top shelf.

My fingers curled around a familiar item.

"I picked this myself. As long as he doesn't mind the little bit of chipped paint, then it should be fine." I said, blowing the dust off the old antique,

"Uh, that's great. How much?" He asked, examining the thing.

"I already priced it at thirty but I'll give it to you for wholesale price. Twenty." I gave him a quick grin.

"Perfect. It's been so difficult to buy him a gift every year. I sometimes wish he doesn't have anymore birthdays, but that's just cruel." He said.

I nodded absent mindedly as we made our way back towards the front counter.

"Alright.." I trailed off, waiting for his name.

"Henry."

"Henry, okay so-"

"And your name?"

I gave him a silent look, then when back to jotting in the numbers on the cash register, "Neche."

"Neche?"

"Yes, Neche. It means companion."

He nodded in response. "This place is pretty cool," He paused, as if he had an important point.

"We like to have regular customers. If you'd like, you can leave your number with us and a list of things you'd be interested in. We'll call you if anything comes in." I said as he handed me a crisp bill.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

I passed him a pen and sticky note.

Once he was done I gave him the bag with his grandfather's gift. He smiled sweetly, then left.

I grabbed the sticky note and stuck it to the side of the counter with all the other ones, then quickly took it down and folded it into my pocket once I read it over.

101-778-3995
You
-Henry
♠ ♠ ♠
editted. (: just a little change.