Status: Inactive.

I'd Do Anything For You

Life's A Blessing

I tried to turn around, but I couldn’t face him. He was perfect and I was just a wreck. My hair was everywhere, my make-up had smudged and run from my tears. I was just not up to scratch.

So I carried on walking down the path, crunching on the leaves that had fallen from a big tree in our front garden. Down the steps at the end of the path-way, and then I opened the gate, took a deep breath, and left. For good.

No more happy times from now on, was I said to myself.

Shut up, you will run away and have a better life. If only you could have...

“NOVA!” Jet called after me, breaking my train of thought.

His voice broke slightly as he called out, he was upset.
I MADE HIM UPSET.
How could I?

I couldn’t face him. My head was a mess, the guy I thought was perfect was feet away from me, yet I found myself picking up a pace and suddenly jogging down the road, getting faster and faster as I went. The jog turned into a run, the run into a sprint, and as soon as I hit another street I stopped.

I looked around and saw a brick wall to the side of a run-down house.
I sat down, leaning my back against the cold bricks. I shuddered as the cold air passed down my back. So I put on some gloves and an extra hoody, and after doing so, I found myself exhausted.

I took a couple of deep breaths to get myself back into a regular pattern.
I took one look around the area, to make sure no one had followed me, and when I saw all was clear, I shut my eyes.

-

About an hour had past, and I couldn’t open my eyes. They were firmly shut, but I was not asleep. I could hear footsteps in the distance getting closer and closer by the minute. I heard a small cough, and a shuffle.

I heard them sit down next to me, and then I felt them put an arm around me. It was warm, unlike me who was dying of the cold.

I put my head against their chest, and I could hear their heart racing to get oxygen around the body. It was obvious they had been running. But I couldn’t take it anymore. I let it all out, by crying.

I cried into their chest, making their jacket or whatever pretty damp, but they sat there, pretty still, with the odd pat on the back or the odd stroking of my hair.

Nova, what are you doing? You probably don’t know this person, they could rape you, they could kill you, they could do anything. I DON’T CARE ANYMORE.

They moved their chin onto the top of my head, and I could smell the minty breath that they produced. They’re not drunk it seems, that’s always good.

I was still there, crying my eyes out, for a good half hour, until...

“Oh, hon. Please tell me what’s wrong. I’m here for you. You know that!”

I opened my eyes, so quickly, like a bullet being shot from a gun. I looked up at him. He was so perfect to me.

"J-J-Jet..." I stuttered at him. His face produced a small smile.

And as I gazed into his eyes, he grabbed my chin and pulled me closer. I shut my eyes again, and I could feel him. Oh, so close.

My head was screaming I LOVE YOU at him, but he couldn't hear my thoughts.
I sat there. Wondering what he was going to do.
I got scared. I went stiff. My body went totally numb.

Until...

He kissed me.