‹ Prequel: Dear John
Sequel: Folds In Your Hands

Dear Liz

To explain the way I feel when I’m with you.

We didn't really know each other but we knew everything about the other. That subtle difference was the only thing stopping me from fully admitting that I was starting to like her –or that I already liked her.

But…what does it take to like someone?

If you had asked me the first day we met, I would've said she was cute. She is an attractive young lady.
In high school she was the type of girl you stared at while she walked next to you in the hallway because she was nice to look at.
Now, every passing day I saw her, the adjective "cute" became less and less fitting and I found myself describing her as "beautiful" or "gorgeous" instead.

When I thought about it, I realized, it wasn't her physical appearance that was changing; it was that I was discovering what her soul looked like and that beauty from within shined on the outside. It seeped through her pores and reflected itself on her skin.

The "heart skipping a beat when I see her face" thing happened.

The fluttering in the guts.

She appeared in my dreams.

She invaded my thoughts.

I guess it was quite fair to say I certainly did like her. But was that it?

I called her two days after the other night.

It was only a couple of days until we began our headlining tour and we had band practice. I asked her to come and she did.
However there was something off about her; while I sang, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her but, Liz on other hand, wasn't really looking at anything. Just staring into the nothingness.
Only until the song was finished, did she look up at us from the couch and clapped with a small smile.

A short-lived laugh also escaped her lips as Garrett took a goofy bow.

I walked towards her and gave her my hand to help her get up. She took it and I nodded my head towards the door that led to the back yard of the Kirch household.
As I passed next to Jared and Kennedy they gave me a look. The same look Eric had given me some nights ago. I decided to ignore them.

Once we were outside, I looked down at her and she gave a sheepish smile.

"What's up?" she said, not too comfortably.

"That my line," she pursed her lips. "What's wrong, Liz?" and she only shrugged.

"It's just…I'm was thinking about last night." I didn't say anything but she understood I wanted her to keep going. "I started babbling about some nonsense and it was stupid. I feel stupid. And embarrassed. What I told you was pretty ridiculous; I don't know. It just came out of nowhere. I'm sorry I bothered you with that." I laughed –and she looked slightly offended that I laughed at her apology– and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Liz, why are you apologizing for that? It's fine. I actually felt flattered you shared that with me." She gave me a half smile. "You can tell me anything you want anytime. Alright?" She nodded, fully smiling now. It was great, it was amazing, making that girl smile.

"Thanks," she said as she put a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. I smirked.

"Come on, let's go inside. We'll play for you your favorite song…'Right Girl', was it?" she playfully punched my arm and walked next to me back inside.

Man, I was going to miss her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaaah I changed the layout. That gif is perfect and the layout is pretty neat if I do say so myself.

What do you guys think?

Thank you RosiePosie08 for commenting. <3