Status: Completed!

Tomorrow's a New Day

Epilogue

"They're called the 'Golden Couple'. Both Olympic gold medalists captured the hearts of many, not just with their talent, but with their story. I'll be telling the hot new romance between America's Sweetheart, Lily Smith, and Canada's Golden Boy, Marcus Foligno. Hello everyone, I'm Guilana Rincic and this is E! News.

"Rumors of the Olympic couple started after the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio. Images of Canada's hockey star and forward for the Buffalo Sabres watching intently as Smith competed in each gymnastics event,"
A clip of Marcus jumping to his feet as Lily won the gold for the Women's Team, a gold in the All-Around, and golds for the Floor Routine, Balance Beam, and Uneven Parallel Bars, "Sources say that Smith was found doing the exact same thing when Foligno was playing on the 2014 Men's Hockey team for Canada and scored the game winning goal against the USA, knocking them out of the run for the gold, and then again against Team Russia for the finals. She sporting a Canada jacket.

"But how did these two unlikely couple meet? E! News got the scoop,"
The anchor continues to tell the story of how the couple had met, going back to the time in 2012 when both worked with the Rochester Americans, "Though we haven't gotten much from the couple themselves about their persoanl relationship, you can find them on the cover of many magazines showing off their gold medals and even a Stanley Cup. The recent Sports Illustrated cover popped up on the TV screen of Lily with her Team USA Gymnastics sweat jacket, five gold medals hanging from her neck. And Marcus beside her in his Team Canada Hockey jacket and only one gold medal around his neck and the Stanley Cup sitting in front of him.

The front door of the three bedroom apartment unlocked, the sounds of bags rustling and heavy footsteps walking in, "Honey, I'm home." Lily smiled. From behind her, Marcus bent down and kissed her cheek, "What are you watching?"

"E! News is doing a little special on us."

"Another?"

"You may be wondering what the Golden Couple has planned next. Well, at a recent outing at a Breast Cancer Charity Event, we found that beautiful 14k diamond ring on ... finger. Wedding bells are in the air and we wish the happy couple luck."

"Oh no...they found out." Marcus joked.

"I don't know how they didn't see it. I've worn it everyday since. And I'm positive we've out of the house before then." Lily added flipping through the many wedding magazines Marcus' sisters so graciously loaned her.

"Well don't worry babe, no media coverage would keep me from taking you to the Town Hall and marrying you right there." Marcus called out from the kitchen area.

Lily laughed. Since their reuniting moment back in 2012 it's been smooth sailing since. She thought there would be trouble when it came to both traveling so much but the two stayed strong. Marcus made it a habit to call her everyday, a habit he can't seem to break just yet. He had already called her three times that day when she was only ten minutes away.

Marcus had proposed before she left for the Olympics. It was their last night together before she took off. He set up the entire apartment in a soothing, romantic way; candles, flowers, and he even cooked dinner. It was simple yes, but Lily didn't need a big show. Marcus could of proposed that morning in bed when she looked like a mess and she still would of replied with the same answer.

"Lils, we need to start making up the guest list. My sisters are upset they haven't gotten an invitation yet."

"How 'bout you take care of the guest list and I'll do the rest?" She suggested as Marcus sat beside her on the couch, picking up the pad of paper and pen in front of him.

"Okay let's start with the easy ones; my dad, Nick and his family, my sisters," He said writing down their names, "Your dad and his family, your mom," Since Lily's run-in with her mother back in 2012, she hadn't heard or seen her mom until 2016 in Rio. Her mother was coaching the Russian Team, a big competitor for the USA. Having her mother coaching against her didn't effect Lily. It only encouraged her to do better. The USA beat out the Russians, Lily doing it several times in the different events.

After the Olympics ended, Ira confronted her daughter, giving her a sincere congratulations and hoping they could keep in touch, even offering her a job with her in Russia. That was when Lily told her mom about the engagement. It was the first time Lily ever saw her mother cry.

"The guys on the team, the girls on your team..." The list went on and on. Almost 300 people on the list, "Looks like a big wedding. Is that okay?" Marcus asked.

"As long as we get married, I don't care who's there."

Marcus kissed the top of his girls head. He was thinking the same thing and couldn't be happier. He thanks God every day for sending that sign at the coffee shop...or his mother. He wouldn't be surprised if it was her giving him a mental smack on the back of the head. His mom would love Lily, which is why she watched over him and made him go back to her. She watched him make an idiot of himself but led him down the right path.

"I love you." He said out of the blue.

"I love you too." Lily replied, looking up at her fiance, giant smiles on their faces before their lips met in a passionate kiss, one they planned to share every day for the rest of their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's the end!

And for the life of me I couldn't remember if I gave Lily a last name. Terrible, I know. I searched each chapter and couldn't find one. If I did then...oops! Just let me know and I'll change it.

Thank you all for reading this. It's been fun writing and getting your responses. You've helped me finish up this story and I look forward to writing more. I have a bunch of ideas, it's just getting them written down.

Thanks again. I love you all!

<3