Status: Completed!

Tomorrow's a New Day

I Owe You

Image


Lily licked her lips as she starred at the deliciousness in front of her. The sight just made her mouth water. And thinking about sinking her teeth into it, made her want it so much more.

Reaching out she grabbed it and lifted it to her lips. Everything about it was calling to her, Do it...you know you want too. She opened her mouth to slide it in...

"I smell pizza!" Lily's eyes widened as she froze. Footsteps pounded down the hallway, getting louder and louder. Lily began to panic, she had to hide the pizza or it would be taken away. There's no way she'll be able to eat it all in 10 seconds but how exactly would you hide a pizza?

Before she had a chance to move, five guys appeared at the door. All of them clean and dressed in their suits. And five pairs of eyes starring at the pizza in Lily's hands.

"I knew I smelled pizza." Riley Boychuk said. He, Jacob Lagace, Zach Kassian, Phil Varone, and Marcus filed into the small office room surrounding the small girl and her pizza.

We could take her. Zach thought.

"Um...hi guys." Lily says, lowering the pizza from her lips.

"You have pizza." Zach stated.

"Yeah...I do." The clear indication that the boys were hungry was visible in their eyes. They were like lions circling a poor gazelle. "Um...you want a piece?" She knew it was a mistake to offer five guys pizza but what else was she suppose to do? The boys each got a piece, thanked her, and left to go home after a successful night against Hamilton. The last person to take his piece was Marcus.

"Sorry about those guys." He said playing with his piece.

"It was probably my mistake to bring pizza around here in the first place." She told him, finally taking a bite of her little piece. Marcus laughed.

"I'll get you another pizza." He took the seat right in front of the desk Lily was sitting at. He took in the several textbooks and notebooks stacked to the side. She was obviously doing some homework and eating dinner before the boys interrupted.

"Don't worry about it. I've learned my lesson. So you had a good game tonight." Lily commented, changing the subject.

"Yeah, it was nice beating them finally."

"I'm sure it is. Two goals. Looks like things are better." Lily remembered that just yesterday, Marcus was having a bad day not just with his game but with some personal things as well. From the way he played tonight, he must of worked it out.

"Yeah, they are. We won, I got two points, and a free slice of pizza."

"You're life must be awesome." Marcus smiled, brushing the egotistic dust off his shoulder.

"You cleaning the locker room again?" Finishing off his pizza.

"Yeah, I just have to go get my gas mask from my car."

"You going to the diner tonight?"

"I wasn't planning on it but that was when I had six pieces of pizza to eat."

"Do you want to go? I can get you something to eat since the guys ate it."

"That's alright. I need to do some homework for tomorrow, but thanks." Lily wiped her greasy hands off and stood up, "Time to get to work."

Lily was expecting Marcus to just say goodbye and go home as she headed for the locker room but instead, he followed her and began picking up the scattered garbage.

"Don't you wanna go home?" He shrugged.

"Someone's gotta make sure you don't pass out in here." Lily smiled, biting her lip. It was a good thing the blush crept onto her face after Marcus turned around.

You'd be an idiot not to find him attractive in some way. He was tall at 6'3", big in muscles, blonde hair, blue eyes...Isn't that every girl's dream? But why would guy like Marcus Foligno be interested in her? Oh wait...he's not. He's got a girlfriend, remember? She's probably perfect, every thing a guy would want. Lily couldn't compare.

The two finished picking up the trash in silence. Lily locked up and went back to the office to grab her books.

"Where you parked?" Marcus asked. Lily told him the same lot the players park in so they walked together to their own vehicles.

"Are you coming to the outdoor skating thing Monday?"

"I've got class."

"Are you working the Barons game Thursday?" This time, she nodded "Then I guess I'll see you then."

"Have a good night Marcus."

"You too Lily."

---


As he walked into the BCA Thursday, he had to be careful not to be spotted by any of his teammates. He checked all the offices but never saw her, then went to the locker room. There she stood in front of the table, piling the tape onto it. In the silence of the room, Marcus could hear her humming a tune.

"Hey." He said, announcing his presence. Lily looked over, slightly embarrassed that Marcus might have heard her singing. When she saw the medium sized pizza box in his hand, she raised an eyebrow.

"Hey?"

"I brought you this, but I suggest you eat it now before the gu--" Laughter sounded behind the locker room door then came through it. The same guys from before stood in the doorway once their noses smelled not the usual hockey stench but the mouth watering pizza.

"I smell pizza."

"Why does she have pizza again?"

"I want pizza."

"That was good pizza yesterday."

All of them slowly approached Marcus and Lily, their eyes on the goal. Lily took a step back.

"Guys, I got her the pizza because you ate hers." Marcus told them as they took another step, causing Lily to take a step again.

"And now we have more pizza to eat." Lily walked around the table as the guys followed her.

"You might want to run." Marcus said to Lily who bolted for the door and turned right. The sounds of the guys suit shoes hit the floor behind her as they chased after the pizza. Coming to a black curtain which Lily runs through, she waves to the away team as they stood there still in their suits. The Bulldogs watch as Lily blows past them and turns left, quickly punching in the numbers and taking off for the offices.

"Where'd she go?" Lily heard an Amerk ask out loud.

"She went that way." Someone answered. Lily began to panic when she fiddled with her keys. She heard the numbers being punched in the first door before she unlocked her door. She opened it and quickly shut it, the door locking behind her.

"Give us the pizza!" Zach pounded on the window along with the three other players. Lily started to laugh as she picked up a slice and slowly put it into her mouth, over exaggerating the wonderful taste.

"You can't stay in there forever!" The warned before heading back out the door.

After a good ten minutes, Lily thought the coast was clear, she headed out. Can't go back to the locker room. I'll get attacked again." She thought. Thankfully all of her work was done just before she was hunted, giving her time to find some place to eat her meal.

Lily wandered around the arena till she found the best spot; Section 215, Row H, Seat 7. Setting her feet on the back of the chair before her, she hid the pizza box on her lap, enjoying each slice given to her by # 71.

Speaking of #71....

Most of the players would run around the arena for a warm up, and Marcus was no different. He was jogging lightly in Lily's direction. He must of noticed her sitting up in the seats and took the stairs up to her row, "I see you made it out alive." He joked.

"I'm just lucky they were in suits...and that I got a key for the offices." She smiled.

"I gotta warn you though, the boys will be after you next time they see you." Panic spread over Lily's face. "I hope you can run fast."

"I just ate pizza! I'll be as fast as a turtle!"

"Then let's hope you can outsmart the hares." Lily laughed. "I need to get back to my warm up. What are you working tonight?"

"I'll probably be working this pizza off," She joked, "But I think I'm helping the equipment people."

"Then I'll see you around."

And he did...well sorta. Lily would be in the locker room until the boys came in during the intermissions and sometimes he would see her standing in the hallway watching the game.

Marcus couldn't help the grin on his face when he would skate by her and she was standing there, arms crossed over her chest and her lips pressed to her knuckles as if she was trying to keep herself from yelling out.

Sadly, the game didn't go as the Amerks wanted it to, losing 2-5 to the Barons. Lily waited for the coach to end his talk before going in and helping the equipment team.

"Hey, pizza girl!" Lily froze in place as her presence was made known. "Where's the pizza?"

"Guys, leave her alone." Marcus defended.

"I've never seen you around her before. What exactly do you do besides eat pizza?" Zach asked.

"I'm a ninja" Lily answered with the straightest face. All the guys except Zach laughed.

"I like her." Travis Turnbull said. The guys let Lily finish up her job before they began to interrogate her, "Now seriously, what is it that you do?"

"A little bit of everything." Lily shrugged.

"How come we've never seen you?"

"Because I'm a ninja. I'm stealthy." She joked again, "I do a bunch of odd jobs so I'm all over the place." She told them.

"Well maybe we'll get to see you around more often. And next time, bring a bigger pizza." Phil Varone said.

Most of the guys filed out once they cleaned up, saying goodbye and 'see you tomorrow'. Lily walked around, picking the trash up just like the other times.

"So, you headed to the diner tonight?" Marcus asked, throwing out his own garbage.

"I've thought about it. A cookies and cream milkshake sounds good."

"Maybe you--"

"There you are!" A high pitched voice yelled coming into the locker room. Both Marcus and Lily looked over and saw a tall, platinum blonde standing in the doorway. She wobbled over to Marcus in his high heeled boots, latching onto his arm.

"Tiffany, what are you doing here?" Marcus asked her. Lily noticed he seemed to pull away from her just a bit but the leech was still attached.

"I was waiting for you but you didn't come out with the other guys. So I thought I'd come and find you."

"Oh, okay."

"Come on, I'm hungry. We can go get something to eat and maybe..." Lily didn't hear the rest of her sentence as she whispered in his ear.

Well there goes my milkshake. Lily thought.

"Come on Marcy." Tiffany pulled his arm.

"I'll be right there." He told her. She let out a huff but walked out none the less. One could cut the tension between Marcus and Lily with a knife.

"Well I'm finished here. I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for the pizza." Lily said, tossing away whatever was in her hand and left.

Great
♠ ♠ ♠
I tossed around making this a legit story. But with my three other stories I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Maybe if this sparks a few more interests I'll continue. Let me know. I'd love your opinion :)

Keep reading, commenting, subscribing!

With Love, <3