Status: Completed!

Tomorrow's a New Day

Lost and Gained

She couldn't believe it. This wasn't suppose to happen! Why is this happening?

Lily was told the news after her last class and stormed back to her room, dropped her books and stormed back out the door, keys in hand.

She sped down every road, barely stopping. She didn't want to believe it was true. It just couldn't be.

She parked her jeep on the street, locking it as she ran up the steps. She didn't even bother to knock.

"Hey Lily." Brayden said walking by her to the kitchen. He's saw her out front, slamming her car door and all but taking the door off its bolts.

"Is is true?" Brayden saw the look on her face and it was enough to help him...she knew.

"Yeah...it is." Lily's shoulders slumped, the truth weighing down on her. Bryaden came over and wrapped her in a hug, "It'll be okay Lily."

"Hey I saw Lily's...um...what's going on?" Marcus asked coming down the stairs and seeing Brayden and Lily hugging.

"She just found out."

"Found out what?"

"Kassian's gone." Brayden answered.

"He can't be gone. I didn't even say goodbye." Lily whined into Brayden's chest.

"He's coming back first. He needs to get his stuff." Marcus told her.

"You can hang here till then." Brayden offered.

"How did you find out?" Marcus asked, taking a seat besides Lily on their couch.

"Through Twitter after my class. At the last very moment they had to trade him! And Grags! And Goose! You just don't trade Goose! I couldn't believe it."

"Yeah, but there's talk of Goose coming back. And the two Canucks coming over should be pretty good."

"But they took away Badassian!"

"Aw Lily!" Marcus put his arm around her, "It'll be okay. It'll all work out."

"Will you do me a favor?" She asked looking up at Marcus.

"Anything." He replied patting Lily's head.

"Can I pull one of your teeth out?"

"No."

"But you can look like Zach!"

"First you call me pretty, now you want to look like Zach?"

"Zach's a good looking guy." She said shrugging.

"And I'm just pretty?"

"Who's pretty?" Brayden asking coming back into the living room.

"She wants to pull a tooth out because I'm pretty."

"...that makes no sense."

"I want Marcus to lose a tooth so he looks like Zach, that way he'll be good looking instead of just pretty." Lily explained.

Brayden just starred at the two of them, not exactly comprehending the logic behind any of it, "No more vodka for you two. And yes...I count my bottles." Lily dropped her head into her hands while Marcus rubbed her back.

Brayden wasn't sure but it was obvious something was going on between the two. He knew Marcus was closer to Lily than most of the guys but Lily never really showed any...feelings towards Marcus. Well, not that Brayden could see. They did spend the night together drinking vodka and apparently talking about how pretty Marcus is. But when the two were together, Brayden could see both were happy hanging with each other. And he's never seen Marcus act like this when Tiffany's around.

The sound of a car pulling into the driveway made everyone inside silent. Through the window, they could see a head of curly hair walk up to the door and walk in. Lily and Marcus stood up when Zach came into the room, "Hey guys."

Lily ran over to him, hugging him tightly. Zach accepted the small brunette and held her. Brayden and Marcus went over and shared their own man hug with their now ex-teammate.

"Want to help me pack?" Zach asked looking down at Lily. She nodded and everyone followed Zach up to his room and watched as he unloaded his closet and dressers, folding his clothes into his suitcase.

Some words were passed as Zach packed up his life as an Amerk. Other players stopped by for their final goodbye to their friend, "We should get going." Brayden said, noticing the time was ticking down to Zach's flight.

Zach Kassian said goodbye to his teammates at the airport, promising to stay in touch with all of them. When he finally made it to Lily, Zach wrapped his arms around his newest friend. Lily blinked back the tears that threatened to fall.

"Promise me you'll kick ass in Vancouver."

"Just for you, Lils." Lily pulled away and exchanged numbers with him, "First goal's for you." But she shook her head.

"You score that goal for you. I'll take the second one." He smiled that missing tooth grin that Lily became accustomed too.

With one last hug, Lily and the guys watched as Zach was off to become a Canuck.

Marcus put his arm around Lily, "He's growing up so fast." He said, trying to lighten the mood. Lily smiled and walked out of the airport with the boys. Just as she climbed in Marcus' car, her phone rang, "Hey Lily, we're gonna need you at the skating event tonight. Is that okay?" Jessica Baldwin, the Community Relations Coordinator, asked.

"Yeah I can be there."

"Great. Thanks, we had a last minute cancel."

"It's no problem." Lily told Jessica before hanging up.

"Everything okay?" Marcus asked from the drivers seat.

"Yeah, I'm working the skating thing tonight so I need to get changed."

"That's cool. We can drop you off first and bring your car back." He suggested. So Marcus dropped off Lily and drove hom so the guys can pick up their cars.

Lily changed from her T-Shirt and yoga pants into jeans and a nice polo with her Amerks jacket. Marcus texted her, informing of his presence outside, "Hey Rose, I need to work tonight. Don't wait up."

"Have fun." Rose replied, her face still in her nursing book.

Outside Marcus sat in the drivers seat of Lily's jeep, tapping the steering wheel to the music, "Want me to drive?" Marcus shrugged not bothering changing seats.

"Are you not skating?" He asked, noticing her lack of ice skates for a skating event.

"I wan't planning on it. That's your job, not mine."

Most of the guys were at the BCA, lacing up their skates with their home teams jerseys on. Lily was instructed to stand on the bench and make sure everything went well.

She watched as some of the guys interacted with the season ticket holders, signing autographs and taking pictures. Some guys would race the little kids, others would push around those in wheel chairs giving them the fast skate experience.

"Am I allowed to walk on the ice?" Lily asked Jessica.

"Do you know how to skate?" She shook her head, Jessica laughed, "Sure just be careful."

Lily carefully stepped onto the ice, walking around to various people scattered along the boards. She would ask them the common event coordinator questions, making sure their experience was good and they were meeting the players.

"How's it going ladies?" Lily asked a set of girls, just a few years younger then her, who were standing against the boards.

"Pretty good."

"Having fun? Meeting all the guys?"

"Yeah, this is great. We've gotten a few autographs."

"Any pictures?" She shook their heads, "Hold on a sec," Lily quickly scurried over to Micheline Veluvolu, the team photographer, who was taking pictures, "Can I borrow this?" Lily pointed to his camera . He nodded, giving her a warning to be careful and she returned to the girls, "Who's first?"

The two girls became shy all of a sudden, "Hey Marcus!" The Amerk looked over at Lily from the conversation he was listening to with an older group of guys. He said a quick goodbye to the guys and casually skated over to Lily, "What's going on?"

"Marcus this is..."

"Jackie.

"Caroline." The girls introduced.

"They are season ticket holders obviously seeing as this is a season ticket holder event."

"That's awesome. Where do you guys sit?" Marcus asked.

"Um...behind the bench, a couple of rows up."

"That's awesome."

"Those are good seats." Lily added.

"Yeah sometimes. It get's difficult to see when the teams stand up." Lily turned to Marcus, slapping his arm.

"You hear that? No more standing!" The girls laughed but told him not to worry about it, "Let's get a picture." Lily suggested. Marcus stood between the two girls as Lily snapped a picture.

"Can we get one with you?" Caroline asked.

"Oh you don't want this mug photographed." Lily replied.

"Yes we do! You're really nice!"

"Here. You go stand with them." Marcus said taking the camera from Lily's hands and taking a picture of her and the girls. Lily took the camera back and sent Marcus on his way.

"You're so lucky you get to work here." Jackie stated, "To be with those guys everyday."

"I don't work with them every day. Mostly just game days."

"Still that's awesome. A girl could get use to it."

"Are you and Marcus dating?" Caroline question, throwing Lily off.

"Oh no, we aren't. He's uh...got a girlfriend." Lily informed them.

"That's too bad. You two are cute together. Well thanks for the picture."

"No problem. If you want more, give me a holler. And if you ever need anything, my name's Lily."

"Thank you so much Lily."

The next hour and a half was the same. Lily walked around talking to people and taking photos. Some of the boys that were there from the start left the next hour, taking shifts with the rest of the team.

"We're heading out." Marcus said as he and Brayden skated over to the bench where Lily had resided.

"Okay, I'll be here till the end."

"Have a good one Lily." Brayden said.

"I'll text you." Marcus promised. Lily waved goodbye and said hello to the new players coming on.

---


Marcus would text Lily occasionally asking how everything was going but one can say so much about a skating event.

"What's going on with you and Lily?" Brayden asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, you two seem pretty close."

"We're just friends." Brayden wasn't convinced but why push it? Even if Tiffany wasn't around much, not that he was complaining, he was sure Marcus and her were still together. Which is why he asked.

For someone he had only met in January, he was started to like Lily. She was different from the other girls, not just in personality but looks as well. Brayden liked having her around at his place or on the road. And he knew the others guys did as well. The whole team started falling for her. He defiantly wouldn't mind having her around a little more. So when that opportunity came on Wednesday, Brayden had no problem with it.

It started when he agreed to meet Lily at the studio for a little extra workout. Lily had to clear her schedule to help the Amerk defender, since the boys were hitting the road Thursday afternoon for Grand Rapids, "What will you do with yourself with us gone till Sunday?" Brayden asked as he and Lily stretched out after their two hour workout.

"Celebrate," she teased, "I'm just kidding. I've actually gotta find some place to stay for the week."

"Don't you live in a dorm?"

"I'm on spring break and they're kicking me out. So I need to either crash at a friends or stay at a hotel."

"Stay with us." Brayden offered catching Lily by surprise, "Yeah, you can stay in Kassian's old room."

"I can't to that. I don't want to be a bother."

"You wouldn't. It's seriously not a big deal and I'm sure Marcus wouldn't mind. He likes having you around."

"Are you sure? I can help pay for food or rent or something."

"We'll work something out."

"But you leave tomorrow. I don't start break till Friday."

"I'll make you a spare key and hide it someplace for you." Lily starred at Brayden, surprised he offered his place to her. It defiantly would save her money if she stayed at a hotel, and she felt bad asking a friend, not that she had many.

"Brayden, I don't know what to say. This is great, thank you!"

"You're my friend Lily. I know you'd do the same for any of us."

Lily was excited to have a nice place to stay. She couldn't exactly leave since she was expected to work all three jobs over break. If she wasn't at Target all day, she was at the studio, and vice versa.

And something about staying in a hotel sounded...depressing. Now she'll have a home to stay in with two of her closest friends.

---


By Friday, Lily packed up what she needed and headed to Brayden's place, the key taped over the door.

Tape the key where the short girl can't reach you jerk :P She text to Brayden. After several jumps she was able to retrieve the key and let herself inside.

The smell of Febreeze lingered to help eliminate that familiar hockey odor. Lily figured the boys cleaned before they left, and even filled the cupboards and fridge with food.

"Though you'd like to eat. Help yourself to anything. We'll see you Saturday! -Brayden and Marcus"


Lily walked around the house, only being there two times before. She opened and closed doors, finally finding her room. There were simple blue sheets on the bed, newly bought she guessed, just like the food.

She set her bags against the bare wall near the closet. Lily pulled out her laptop and plugged it in.

As nice as it was to stay in the house, her best friend would be her laptop for the next few days.

Lily listened to the Amerks game while she cooked dinner and worked on homework. The next day would be similar with the added shifts at Target in the morning and afternoon, and private classes in the evening.

When she got back to the house, the boys hadn't returned so she showered and changed into some sweats, and cooked a welcome home meal, waiting for the Sabres game at 10:00pm.

Just as she was dishing out her food, the door opened. Brayden walked in tired, his suit thrown about on his body. He stopped in the door and took a deep breath, "I could get use to this." Hinting at the delicious scent in the air.

"Welcome home...where's Marcus?" Lily said, getting out a plate for Brayden.

"He was called up to Vancouver." Lily nodded, making Brayden's plate for him as he went to change out of his suit. He soon joined her in the living room, dressed in comfortable pajamas and accepted his plate.

"Nice games. Grand Rapids was too bad but at least you got the Marlies." Lily commented as the two sat watching whatever was on TV before the Sabres late game.

Lily, of course, texted Zach good luck on tonight's game just as she did his first game as a Canuck. She also sent a quick message to Marcus wishing him luck, along with the team. She was sure he wasn't going to play but it's the thought that counts, right?

When the game finally began, Brayden and Lily gave little comments here and there but otherwise stayed quiet. Both were tired from long days and were eager to hit the hay. The Amerks were expected to play the Marlies again on Sunday but this time on home ice. Lily was working that game along with the cash register at Target and the studio for most hours.

---


Lily made it to the BCA at the appropriate time and was scheduled to work the boxes again, meaning she had to dress up once more. Thankfully, she could wash up at the studio and drive over to the arena.

1 New Text Message: Marcus Foligno
Meet me in section 211.

With no response she made her way over to the scratched forward who was sitting alone high up and out of sight from the fans during the game. When he spotted Lily, he smiled, "Hey roommie, miss me?"

"Of course. Life has been nothing without you." Lily replied, taking a seat beside Marcus. He watched as she properly sat next to him, her back straight and legs crossed making her black pencil skirt ride up just a little. "How was Vancouver?"

"Cold but good."

"Did you get to see Zach?"

"For a little bit. He says hi by the way." Lily smiled. "So Nabbers offered up Kassians room to you?"

"I needed a place to stay for break and he suggested I stay with you guys. It's not a problem, is it?" Lily asked, not exactly making sure with Marcus when the deal was declared.

"Of course not. You can stay as long as you like."

"I'm only there for the week. You might get tired of me."

"I find that hard to believe." He answered, looking over at her. He couldn't help his eyes falling past hers to her neatly braided hair down to her tight fitting blouse.

"I promise not to get in the way...and too cook and clean, you know, to pay you guys back."

"Don't worry about it Lily. We'd love to have you."

"Well I best be going. I'll see you after the game?" He nodded and waved as she left. His gaze on her retreating backside.

What's gotten into me? Marcus asked himself. He's never looked at Lily like that before, er, not as much. But something about her made his eyes wander. And the thought of seeing her everyday in the room down the hall from him didn't help either.

As Lily and he got closer, he started to notice different things about her. Maybe that night in her dorm room made him see things at a new glance. He had gotten to know Lily a bit more and taken a step over the 'friends' line and slept in the same bed together. Sure, nothing happened but that didn't stop his mind from acknowledging the way it felt to have her at such a proximity and in bed of all places. He enjoyed the feel of her pressed to his chest, his arm draped over her waist as the scent of her hair intoxicated him.

And now she's staying under the same roof as he. Marcus wasn't sure whether to smack his teammate or thank him for suggesting it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this was alright. It took me a while to write then get it on the computer. It's a bit choppy but I hope it's alright.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

With all my love, <3